Special Interest
February 17, 2019, 07:17:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Arturia  (Read 11923 times)
Leatherface
user

« on: July 26, 2014, 12:35:26 PM »

A topic about the Arturia products, to give feedback or ask information.
I really like the synth they made, and i want to buy the new Minibrute SE.
Someone already have it?
tiny_tove
Overkill user

ELETTRONICA RADICALE EDIZIONI

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »

I do.
I like it a lot but I have not used it as much as I would like to since I am currently focusing on other instruments (ms20, etc.).
It has a sound of his own and very intense moments once you find the right setting.

Leatherface
user

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 02:04:24 PM »

You have the Microbrute SE or the regular edition (with arpegiator)?

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/MiniBruteSE/intro.html
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 03:20:43 PM »

Friend of mine has one of these, Minibrute version I think. He told me when he got it he had to send it back because there was something wrong with a connection, which they fixed. Fucking around with it proved a bit fruitless last time we tried it - even he didn't seem to know how best to use it. I imagine there's potential in the thing - the Microbrute looks tempting (although the promotional video Arturia made for it has to rank as one of the all-time wankiest things I've ever been exposed to). This seems like a reasonable demonstration (I appreciate his enthusiasm when demonstrating the sounds). I like the simplicity of the sequencer, that looks like a plus.

Does it come with it's own power chord, by the way, if anyone knows?

(EDIT - hmmm, being able to process external sounds isn't such a bad option either).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:36:05 PM by Andrew McIntosh » Logged

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of it's aim." - Schopenhauer.
tiny_tove
Overkill user

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:10:12 PM »

You have the Microbrute SE or the regular edition (with arpegiator)?

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/MiniBruteSE/intro.html
minibrute with arpeggiator.
microbrute sounds like a nice portable edition (minibrute is not THAT light and the cv part makes it exciting), but I like the arpeggiator a lot.

GEWALTMONOPOL
Diehard user

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »

I bought a Minibrute last year and loved it. They really managed to squeeze a lot into one little machine. I spent days working with it and eventually resigned to the fact that it was too clean sounding for my purposes. Great machine but it's not what I was looking for so I passed it on to one of the Unrest cabal who has put it to greater use than I managed to.

In spite of that I am curious about the Microbrute.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...
STREETMEAT
user

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 12:47:31 AM »

i have the minibrute and beatstep both are great. cv on the beatstep sucks for the minibrute tho
Leatherface
user

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 10:40:27 AM »

15 instruments - 50%OFF

http://www.arturiaturns15.com/?gclid=CMOfttjY9r8CFc3HtAodsjEAUg
martialgodmask
Heavy user

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 02:25:17 PM »

Soft only by the looks of things, sadly.

I have the Minibrute, very "pick up and play" and sounds great right out of the box, the more time I've spent with it the more I'm getting out of it.

Leatherface
user

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »

Soft only by the looks of things, sadly.

I have the Minibrute, very "pick up and play" and sounds great right out of the box, the more time I've spent with it the more I'm getting out of it.

Sadly, yes. A brand new Minibrute SE with 50% off was a very good deal :)
(i've try this synth some days ago at the music shop, with some others...great sound, but i think i will finally go for the Novation BSII)
Theodosius

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »

Microbrute is really nice, raw sounds and very well builted. Unfortunatly there's not white noise. Anyway a really nice little synth, really good for raw droning sounds. Nice filter
tiny_tove
Overkill user

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 11:57:39 PM »

well... so i got my hands on microbrute... the sequences and the cv (plus) the weight, make the beast live a life of his own.. not to mention that when you make him work with his older or with volcas all hell break loose...

definitely worth a try... will post soon demo on line

beef__dada

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 06:51:35 AM »

my friend has the microbrute. whenever i'm at his house i'm fiddlin with that dang thing trying to get the most out of it in what it can do with sound. i REALLY REALLY recommend it. you have the ability to hook up patch cables and get away with a lot of cool stuff. ive managed to get some monte cazazza sounding stuff out of it especially using the sequencer. it gets my sides all excited
Zodiac
user

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 07:22:24 PM »

going to buy either the mini or the mirco for myself. seems like a very nice machine and for the price they ask for these days, i doubt i can go wrong.
besides i really dont like the idea to be the 100th guy with a ms20.

Remember, remember... december.
monotome
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »

If you don't need the CV the Korg minilogue seems to be a better choice imo. I've had a Minibrute for a while, but I did not like it at all. Having 1 oscillator is severely limiting and however you can pair it up with another oscillator source, it's a lot nicer to have at least 2 dedicated oscillator sources available. The filter is pretty gritty and can get aggressive with dialing the internal feedback in, it also sounds muffled and never gets really ballsy. I never got sounds out of it that I really liked, it wasn't bad, but it was never satisfying either.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:50:30 AM by monotome » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: