Noisecore

Started by hateful.neglect, July 03, 2010, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKHE

QuoteIt seems like common british media mentality, to be trying to come up with new genre names, and perhaps to be remembered as the one who "found them". New Musick, Britcore, Freefolk,...

heh, like Nathan T Birk @ zero tolerance prying all Finnish Bm bands into the "finnfilth" category, courtesy of himself... or the "fago"-bands (=Sarcofago worship). the imperialist heritage + high from giving birth to industrial power electronics, NWOBHM, grindcore, etc...?

have never felt comfortable with the noisecore tag (much like the power violence thing, whatever that was), this thread has sorted some things up though.

where does GORE BEYOND NECROPSY fit in? never listened to them, but they have collaborated with Merzbow so I suppose they are not Nasum-style grindcore.

moozz

Quote from: pestdemon on July 06, 2010, 12:13:54 PM
where does GORE BEYOND NECROPSY fit in? never listened to them, but they have collaborated with Merzbow so I suppose they are not Nasum-style grindcore.

They are extremely noisy grind (one member credited for doing noise, if I remember correct) so nothing as polished and coherent as Nasum. GBN seemed to turn into a grindrock band at some point but full-length releases like Noise A Go Go and Go! Filth Go! are great.

Someone collaborating with Merzbow doesn't really tell much of their style. Boris did it (several times). Sunn O))) did it. Gore Beyond Necropsy did it. Nasum could have done it.

tisbor

since Deche-Charge were mentioned , here's a new 7" to be released soon on my friend's label :

Final Exit from Japan are in the "funny noisecore" department , with a very demented , "technical" approach:
http://www.myspace.com/finalexitnoisegrind

Dan J

http://www.sewerelection.se/pf.html

maybe not noisecore at all, but original intention was. actual recording is maybe slightly more messy raw harsh noise. non-stop barrage recorded with bass, drums and electronics. still might appeal one or two here....anyway, enjoy.

narcolepsia

I love that split tape !

whateverforever

CUSTODIAN

Arse Destroyer I think is worthy of mention...

JoeTheStache

Disleksick from Canada is pretty sick.  Also, has anyone mentioned Gorgonized Dorks?  They range between raw grindcore, noisecore, and experimental/harsh noise, but their noisecore stuff is pretty fucking br00tal.

XE

Label info:
Aunt Mary's last record was a split 7" with Man Is The Bastard 18 years ago. I am beyond chuffed to be putting out the first material since then by what I consider to be the greatest noisecore band of them all. I've always been pretty vocal about my love for this band and have forced many a poor lughole into being abused by the first 7"!

To the music! TOTAL NOISECORE. Very basic drum beats (sounds like it was played with some pipes on a couple of industrial tanks), feedback, wailing guitar, brutal vocals, all utterly maxed-out. I'm not sure if it's a series of very short songs or one big long track starting and stopping. It doesn't really matter! There's a moment when a "proper" drum beat kicks in and an amazing mid-paced guitar riff comes out of nowhere - not too dissimilar to early AxCx - that just had me pumping my fist in the air in glee. Heavy fucking metal (!?) Seriously the best single I might ever put out! Co-release with Turgid Animal.

300 copies, full colour sleeve. Note: OFFENSIVE sleeve art. If you don't want to upset your nerves buy an Anal Cunt record instead.

!!!Available from F&V!!!Sold out from AWWFN
hateandlust(xxx)gmail.com

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: XE on September 03, 2010, 08:49:24 PMI'm not sure if it's a series of very short songs or one big long track starting and stopping. It doesn't really matter!

That's the thing, I think, that's put me off digging Noisecore, the whole stop-start kind of thing. If there are any Noisecore bands that just go full steam ahead and damn the torpedos, I'd appreciate the tips.
Shikata ga nai.

Bloated Slutbag

Wage-Slave Exchange were probably good up until the point the drummer lost his job, crashed his car, got depressed, left the band, not necessarily in that order. With the Sewage dude providing the pedalnoise, made for some pretty full-on shit - live incarnations typically closing with severely pitched solo harshnoise assault. A fateful last-ditch attempt to recreate the intensity with a drum machine simply couldn't cut it. Pity.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

RyanWreck

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on September 04, 2010, 10:34:50 AM
Quote from: XE on September 03, 2010, 08:49:24 PMI'm not sure if it's a series of very short songs or one big long track starting and stopping. It doesn't really matter!

That's the thing, I think, that's put me off digging Noisecore, the whole stop-start kind of thing. If there are any Noisecore bands that just go full steam ahead and damn the torpedos, I'd appreciate the tips.

The start-stop-start-stop thing bothers me with a lot of releases too. There are few bands that do it really well but only a handful worth mentioning in my opinion. Anyway, for the full steam ahead approach you may be interested in Cryptic Salve Band's "Romp III" and Endless Humiliation's only release. I'm pretty sure both are sold out but if you want to hear 'em before you hunt them down you know where I keep my stash.