Noisecore

Started by hateful.neglect, July 03, 2010, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerveGas

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on October 14, 2021, 07:44:50 PM
Quote from: NerveGas on October 11, 2021, 09:08:57 PM
Potabilizadora – Degurmils Redomilebas 1994 7"

Received this as a gift from a friend. Total machine gun noisecore. 128 songs of chaos. Vocals are so insane they just blur into the noise. Had to spin this one twice. A killer offering from Rage For All Records. Alongside it I received More Bad Breath zine which is the creation of the same mind behind the aforementioned record label. A perfect example of total underground fanaticism. The attention to detail is amazing and it covers an enormous amount of different projects. Interviews, reviews, and killer old school layout. Haven't heard of so many of the bands featured within, and I guess I'll have to try to track a lot of this stuff down. Total support!

You should check out the RT Dept discography LP he released as well. It's so great to be able to hear that Kei Yokota material properly.

You're the second person to recommend this to me. I heard a few tracks and sounds great. Will be seeking out a physical copy for sure.
MAGNETIC IRRITATION RECORDINGS

WEBSTORE - www.magneticirritation.com
CONTACT - magneticirritation@gmail.com

FreakAnimalFinland

Probably best recent noisecore listening is INCIDENT AT APE CANYON CD! It has also music on it. Captain Three Leg, Rupture... but totally great noisecore blasting from Iron Butter and such! Strongly recommended CD release!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: NerveGas on October 14, 2021, 09:15:19 PM
Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on October 14, 2021, 07:44:50 PM
Quote from: NerveGas on October 11, 2021, 09:08:57 PM
Potabilizadora – Degurmils Redomilebas 1994 7"

Received this as a gift from a friend. Total machine gun noisecore. 128 songs of chaos. Vocals are so insane they just blur into the noise. Had to spin this one twice. A killer offering from Rage For All Records. Alongside it I received More Bad Breath zine which is the creation of the same mind behind the aforementioned record label. A perfect example of total underground fanaticism. The attention to detail is amazing and it covers an enormous amount of different projects. Interviews, reviews, and killer old school layout. Haven't heard of so many of the bands featured within, and I guess I'll have to try to track a lot of this stuff down. Total support!

You should check out the RT Dept discography LP he released as well. It's so great to be able to hear that Kei Yokota material properly.

You're the second person to recommend this to me. I heard a few tracks and sounds great. Will be seeking out a physical copy for sure.

Do it! And lend an ear to most Kei Yokota's projects if you haven't heard them. His sound is very personal yet consistent among all of them so if you like one of his projects you're more than likely going to enjoy most of the others.

Also the label has more Spanish noisecore awesomeness in the works.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

NerveGas

Genital Masticator/Vaginal Disorder Split 7"

Vaginal Disorder side sounds like exactly what it is. Two teenagers making awful shit noise. Enjoyable for those who like this kind of stuff. Shrieking vocals and out of tune acoustic guitar. Just one side of a seven inch, so it does not overstay it's welcome. Genital Masticator side steals the show though. Trashy and energetic punkish noisecore blasts. If you like this type of shit you know what to expect. Much like the Potabilizadora 7" I wrote about above I had to spin their side twice. Fucking killer and no surprise that they share members. Highly recommended and cheap. No excuse not to pick up a copy!

Also got a copy of the tracks from Brutal Glockel Terror rehearsal tape from a friend. It's dated as being from 1987. Seems quite early for the type of material they were playing. Crazy if true.

CannibalRitual

Quote from: NerveGas on October 27, 2021, 12:18:52 AM
Also got a copy of the tracks from Brutal Glockel Terror rehearsal tape from a friend. It's dated as being from 1987. Seems quite early for the type of material they were playing. Crazy if true.

They released their first 7" in '89 so seems legit they must have released some stuff on tape before that.

Speaking of B.G.T.... A band called "Anal Tits" has recently recorded a B.G.T. cover:
https://analtits.bandcamp.com/album/anal-tits-intestinal-infection-who-will-survive-split

NerveGas

Quote from: CannibalRitual on October 27, 2021, 11:05:24 AM
Quote from: NerveGas on October 27, 2021, 12:18:52 AM

They released their first 7" in '89 so seems legit they must have released some stuff on tape before that.

Speaking of B.G.T.... A band called "Anal Tits" has recently recorded a B.G.T. cover:
https://analtits.bandcamp.com/album/anal-tits-intestinal-infection-who-will-survive-split

Good choice of covers. Buka and Napalm Death as well. Could use some different art though. Super computer generated artwork does not do it for me. I guess with a lot of modern noisecore releases it is sadly the norm, but photoshop art does not match the disgusting, lowest form of music.

CannibalRitual

Quote from: NerveGas on October 27, 2021, 05:30:22 PM
Good choice of covers. Buka and Napalm Death as well. Could use some different art though. Super computer generated artwork does not do it for me. I guess with a lot of modern noisecore releases it is sadly the norm, but photoshop art does not match the disgusting, lowest form of music.

I agree, the cover artwork lets you assume this is something way different. Otherwise, artwork created on computer is still fine with me if it's still looking suitable and done with "style". Often that's better and more honest than some little kids wanna-be's trying to recreate 80ths cut&paste culture in 2021.

NerveGas

Quote from: CannibalRitual on October 27, 2021, 05:43:42 PM
Quote from: NerveGas on October 27, 2021, 05:30:22 PM

I agree, the cover artwork lets you assume this is something way different. Otherwise, artwork created on computer is still fine with me if it's still looking suitable and done with "style". Often that's better and more honest than some little kids wanna-be's trying to recreate 80ths cut&paste culture in 2021.

Xerox almost always reigns supreme in my eyes. But I do agree that there is a very modern stylized usage that has crept up in recent years. However, when done correctly there is no more fitting style. With that said, computers can get the job done if applied right. Much like Xerox, the tool itself does not inherently dictate the quality of presentation. I'm sure this is much more analysis than one would expect in regards to a band called Anal Tits. The absurdity is not lost on me.

ultracore.revenge

Any new noisecore bands around? I feel like this scene suffered hugely in the last 2 decades. And I mean, both musically, lyrically, and aesthetically. Who opened the gates to the wimps and fakes?

What happened with our scene?

NerveGas

Quote from: ultracore.revenge on November 06, 2021, 04:56:36 PM
Any new noisecore bands around? I feel like this scene suffered hugely in the last 2 decades. And I mean, both musically, lyrically, and aesthetically. Who opened the gates to the wimps and fakes?

What happened with our scene?

I am by no means the most tapped into "the scene" but aesthetically it think it just suffers from what everything suffers from nowadays. It's easy to shit out boring awful art on a computer. Also it just comes down to technology. Awful art 30 years ago may have had some charm to it. Nowadays not so much. This is a problem with many genres. Same with recording quality of releases. Maybe less with harsh noise or power electronics, but it seems that most underground genres (punk, metal, and I guess even some noisecore) suffer from a strange kind of DIY (sometimes) overproduction. This is probably due to the ease of acquiring digital recording equipment. Recording digitally is fine and opens up many doors, but one has to tread carefully as a recording that is too "proper" doesn't lend itself to most underground shit. When I'm listening to a black metal/HC punk/noisecore/etc record  I don't want some booming perfect drum sound or crisp guitars. I like broken, old, or simply  unique sounds with actual character. Everyone sounds like they record at the same studio in this day and age. As I said above, I'm not so tapped in and don't listen to a lot of new noisecore stuff. Most stuff I enjoy was recorded decades ago. Just my thoughts.

ultracore.revenge

Yes, that makes sense. However, it looks like this type of bands aren't made by outsiders/ultra-angry freaks anymore. Nowadays it's more like a gibberish/boredom type of thing...

NerveGas

Quote from: ultracore.revenge on November 07, 2021, 08:22:03 PM
Yes, that makes sense. However, it looks like this type of bands aren't made by outsiders/ultra-angry freaks anymore. Nowadays it's more like a gibberish/boredom type of thing...

That makes sense too. Once again, that seems to be the case with many genres. I think noisecore does probably lends itself to being more of a joke for people, though. Humor has always been a part of the genre, but I guess when something is solely just a stupid joke or senseless product of boredom it will be less appealing. No formal talent being required is a double edged sword. It has produced amazing results in the past, but seems to do so less often now.

ultracore.revenge

Eloy

From FOAD Records:

"Coming up next... FOAD NOISECORE MONTH!! 4 releases, 5 classic bands from the glorious era 1987 to 1994... audio carnage guaranteed! Each release will be announced with a trailer starting from next week, you are warned!!"

The first release is going to be a W.B.I. / TUMOR - Split LP with with unreleased sessions (1992-1994) from both bands.

Apparently, Sore Throat will also be included in one of these four releases.

And I suppose they will also release the third installment of the series dedicated to Seven Minutes Of Nausea.

chryptusrecords

my second post here again will definitely be self-promoting. my noisecore band WEIRD DICK has a tape on fusty cunt you can still get, double-A side C56 "Disgraceful Knob" ep https://fustycunt.bigcartel.com/product/fuc-280-weird-dick-disgraceful-knob-demo-s-s-c56