Joensuu 30.8. ROMUN HUUTO: Bizarre Uproar, Sick Seed, Unclean, [ówt krì] +more

Started by JHT, April 15, 2014, 07:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHT

This event happens about 5 km away from the city center. Exact address and timetable is announced during August.

JHT

LISÄINFOA

Tapahtuma järjestetään noin 5 km päässä keskustasta varastotilassa. Tarkka osoite julkaistaan keikkaviikolla. Paikan päälle omat juomat mukaan. 
Soitto alkaa lauantaina kello 20.00.
Soittojärjestys: Antero Vipunen / Edge of Decay / [ówt krì] / Sick Seed / Unclean / Bizarre Uproar.
Artistit soittaa noin 15-45 minsaa ja tauot pyritään pitämään mahdollisimman lyhyinä.

---

The event takes place about 5 km from the center in warehouse space. The exact address will be published during the gig week.
First gig starts on Saturday at 20:00 o'clock.
Order: Antero Vipunen / Edge of Decay / [OWT KRI] / Sick Seed / Unclean / Bizarre Uproar.
Artists will play about 15-45 minutes. Short breaks.

FreakAnimalFinland

Jos joku haluaa levyjä Freak Animal / NH yms distroista, niin viestiä tulemaan ennen perjantai aamua.
Mania uus kasetti ja Deathkey uusi mCD myös saatavilla.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

JHT

Romun Huudon tapahtumapaikan osoite on Harkkotie 8 (80130 Joensuu). Paikalle pääsee Joensuun keskustasta helpoiten ajamalla Koulukatua / Kajaanintietä ja sitten kääntymällä Raatekankaantielle (maamerkkinä Tokmanni), josta käännytään n. 1,5 km jälkeen oikealle Harkkotielle.

Soitto alkaa kello 20 ja paikan päälle omat juomat!

Jos paikan löytymisen kanssa probleemaa niin voi soittaa numeroon 0 4 4 0 8 0 0 7 9 6

JHT

Paikan päällä on distromyyntiä, joten käteistä kannattaa varata mukaan.
Helpottaa myös paljon, jos tuon pääsymaksun (6e) pystyy maksamaan tasarahalla.

Noin kello 19 aikaan voidaan myös hakea ihmisiä torilta tai rautatieasemalta pientä bensakolehtia vastaan.

Vermin Marvin

Antero Vipunen was entertaining but guitarist was somehow flegmatic.

EoD eh, mediocre metal junk thing.

[ówt krì] great to see some really can play e-bow but i think Gerogerigegege knows better use for vacuum cleaner.. but i liked it tho

Unclean was the one blew my mind, nothing new but great ol`PE
nothing that previus releases has given.

Sick Seed was little quiet but thats alright because you can hear what was happening and "stage" presence was tight too.

BU was smoking, soundwise awesome!!!

Great night and worth to 5hours in car sitting listening Lady Gaga.

-Ter0-

JHT

FreakAnimalFinland

Venue was great. Organizers had rented carage size warehouse/storage unit from industrial area for weekend. It was big enough. Clean, not extra crap everywhere. Decent loud PA, walls were light grey metal, so perfect for video projection. It was some kilometers from city central and therefore perhaps few laziest people didn't make it... But some of the noiseheads drove all the way from south of Finland to Joensuu to see the bands.

ANTERO VIPUNEN started. Odd project, and you hardly can know what to expect from it. This time it was bizarre noisecore by one guy. He had mannequin doll with guitar on stage, are guitar string from hi-hat of drums going to strings of guitar. Therefore every time he was using hi-hat, strings of guitar was making some noise. Nothing utterly tight, though. OK moments was the actual noisecore pieces. Fast drumming and yelling and random noise coming from playback/guitar set up. But A LOT of air between. Lazy improvised drum playing and amusing electronic sounds played via multi-efx unit. Theoretically nice, but in reality not too good...

EDGE OF DECAY in other hand delivered solid set! Richard Ramirez kind of harsh noise blast. Simple and to the point. Couple buckets and sheets of scrap metal, microphones = heavy distorted loud harsh noise blast. Nothing new, nothing fancy, but good noise is good noise.

[ówt krì] is usually some sort of dark ambient / electronic music, but delivered here noisier set. I would guess it was mistake, as his noise wasn't too good. Lap-top was playing high pitched electronics and man was yelling inside gas-mask with long tube what was mic'ed. Theoretically good, but in reality mixing was quite poor and simple idea went on and on and on.. until he took guitar and started to play kind of out-of-tune riffs over drum beat and eventually guitar-noise / ebow drones. There was couple things what sounds almost ok, but judging on what I heard of this band on one compilation CD, his ambient works much better. Video was weird. Goth chicks, post-apocalyptic warrior archers, decaying industrial landscape. It all sounds pretty good when I say it, but video looked like something from Lumous festival?

UNCLEAN has improved greatly. His set week before in Oulu was very good, but extremely quiet. Here, it was basically same set, but loud. Straight and no-bullshit power electronics with pretty much the finnish style if I may say so? All songs had distinctive structure, vocals was mixed perfectly with good sound. Samples, electronics, contact mic noises, all there. Even using scrap metal was done in a way that you actually heard the amplified sound, not the acoustic thin clashes. If he keeps improving like this, I'm sure to expect killer stuff in future!

SICK SEED has changed from early days, but kind of logical and somehow natural flow. If you have followed tastes and interests of PPT, he has been moving to expand SS from old style of power electronics, into wider scale of his interests. Cover songs of old Finnish legendary artists, industrial music what is really more about music than noise. Bass riffs, percussion, loops, long vocals sometimes with absurd or at least bizarre lyrics. It is quite weird mix to get everything work. From his own classic tracks like Helsingin Synagogat (which sounds nowadays better than ever!) to end up doing covers of M.A. Numminen and Skrewdriver. His charisma as live performer is increasing all the time. I guess this is why playing more live is something one could aim to.

BIZARRE UPROAR delivered perhaps his best set of latest style of B.U.?!? As opposed to gig in Helsinki Ääniwalli, here sound was CRUSHING. Bass sound heavy as fuck. Ripping vocals. Clear but punishing overall sound. Always utmost pressure and mix was perfect. Videos was screened on two walls, covering almost entire back of the room, and before he filled room with dense smoke, it was highly impressive. When smoke was getting thicker and thicker, eventually videos couldn't be seen at all, and even seeing what was happening 1-2 meters from you, was hardly possible. For example having pig faced SS-officer molesting black live-size headless female doll on "stage" was utterly clouded in smoke. But doesn't matter. B.U. DELIVERS!! One could say among absolute best live bands on field of "PE" at the moment what I have seen.

I counted... was it 27 people present. Not too much, but certainly distant location and other factors (lets say genre being as marginal as it is) make it just fine in my opinion. Certainly bigger crowd makes it possible to pay artists and not get financial losses. However, I always salute the true underground fanatics who'll organize something in their hometowns and outside the commercial venues, somewhere in strange and unusual places, where you get to meet handful of fanatics. I don't know how much it happens abroad, since hardly ever hear about it. I'd hope noise to go into bunkers, warehouses, rental units, abandoned houses, whatever. Anywhere else buy the trendy alternative venues and their 6 euro 0,4liter beers...

Photos soon here:
http://www.special-interests-magazine.tumblr.com/
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net