gear setup for noise (pictures)

Started by jesusfaggotchrist, April 05, 2014, 09:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cementimental

Oh yeah it was my friend's side of the setup, I think actually it's just broken rather than modified tho ha :D

Yeah just google 'monotron mods' etc and you should find some good guidelines, there's even official schematics from korg out there

kettu

split that shit. coming out from the little amp to recorder and larger amp

Cementimental

Got a weird casio keyboard with built in double cassette deck and radio! Been recording some noise 80's style, re-dubbing stuff by recording tape to tape while playing additional keyboard and external tape deck totally distorted thru the mic in. The shoebox deck here can record with fast forward jammed down for nice super-slowed down murk.

softmachine

^
Satanoid.... holy shit!!!! that's mouthwatering!

and an old VHS video box retooled as a box of mysterious tricks.... :) :)

Pax Chetyorka

Quote from: Cementimental on September 18, 2015, 02:59:04 PM
Got a weird casio keyboard with built in double cassette deck and radio! Been recording some noise 80's style, re-dubbing stuff by recording tape to tape while playing additional keyboard and external tape deck totally distorted thru the mic in. The shoebox deck here can record with fast forward jammed down for nice super-slowed down murk.

*huge lump of pixels*
That's amazing!! What is it called?

Cementimental

Quote from: Pax Chetyorka on September 21, 2015, 02:09:11 PM
Quote from: Cementimental on September 18, 2015, 02:59:04 PM

*huge lump of pixels*
That's amazing!! What is it called?

Casio CK-500. some models seem to have different types of radio in them, mine has LW/MW/FM but some i've seen have shortwave which would be even more amazing :)

Ha yeah sorry if the image came out huge..

tiny_tove

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Repentance Products

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/12138432_1029108083872698_6774591045619087464_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Current Live Fleeting Breath set-up. As of this week and for a performance this weekend.

- Modular rig run into mixer.
- Sampler loaded with all kinds of fun into mixer.
- Dronelab into Alesis Nanoverb and Filter Queen, mixer.
- 4 track with loop tape and cassette of pre-recorded loop improv into primitive 2-channel mixer/"echo box", then DD-5, then mixer.

That's it. Crappy zoom multi-effect into FX loop of mixer for limiting and reverb.

isomer

Picked up a slightly battered Fostex M80 cheap recently. Reel to reel 8-tracker. It will either be indispendible to my setup or just take up space.

SUBKLINIK

No pics of my current live setup, but it's a Samson mixer with two iOS systems - one controlled by Arturia minikeys -  and a vocal setup using a Boss DE200 delay into a Digitech DSP-128.
I used to use all hardware live, but since the majority of SUBKLINIK stuff is sequenced, the iOS programs work perfectly.

Dr Alex

My new gear:
Mooer ShimVerb Digital Reverb
Apollo Relaxer Synth Oscillator built by Apollo Music Service
and my gorgeous white kitty :)

Thanx a lot to Marco Wertham for letting me know about little Mooer Reverb. Can't wait to test it!

Soloman Tump

Latest "noise" mobile rig, although I have been able to get quick a lot of "rhythm" from this lot so I would call it more of an industrial rig to be honest.  I'm not sure what genre / tag my sounds are but I don't really care.

Pigswill

Quote from: Soloman Tump on October 22, 2019, 03:50:25 PM

Latest "noise" mobile rig, although I have been able to get quick a lot of "rhythm" from this lot so I would call it more of an industrial rig to be honest.  I'm not sure what genre / tag my sounds are but I don't really care.

What's that thin white rectangle in the upper right? Looks like an MP3 player