Special Interest
September 20, 2019, 01:05:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: gear setup for noise (pictures)  (Read 30381 times)
Sleep of Ages
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 05:06:24 AM »

loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops

You'll have to forgive me, I just felt compelled.

Hahaha, now I can't read his post anymore...
silentinstinct

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 03:08:27 AM »

sorry for the big picture but was this afternoons setup.

Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »

Setup for some outdoor racket with The A Band later this afternoon

Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 11:43:24 PM »

Setup for H x CEMENTIMENTAL x MX LX supergroup at ~ZAMZAMREC and A+E~ \NoiseesioN// [labyrinth~sound~exploration] The Island, Bristol 8 Sept 2014. I was half expecting we'd do some kind of more drone/music thing but it was pretty much pop-power electronics :D

Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 02:38:38 AM »

Before & after my set last sunday ^__^; I think maybe the harshest I've ever done, I have to do some recordings using this setup (I thiink it all still works...)

Note that I saved the wine and only dropped the most expensive and fragile piece of gear onto the lower shelf rather than the floor, these are the skills that come with experience :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:40:24 AM by Cementimental » Logged

Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:45:58 PM by Andrew McIntosh » Logged

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
birthdeath
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 12:31:22 AM »

What's the thing on the far right below the tape recorder?
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 12:45:43 AM »

A drum machine, Zoom MRT-3. Compact and simple.

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
Vermin Marvin
user

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 04:41:22 PM »

Niko
Heavy user

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »

www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.
jvaldez
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »

http://i.imgur.com/LgW84XI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1HBLpk2.jpg

month old pictures of a setup at a friend's place.

only things are mine are the guitar (which i'm still modifying),the computer, audio interface & cables. i placed the cd player and tape player near the pickup to amplify the electromagnetic vibrations.

https://soundcloud.com/jonathan_valdez/thu-may-14-2015-18-05-52-gmt-0500-cdt here's a recording i did with the setup. a live recording using my phone and then edited together with a recording i did running the signal into max/msp.

pentd
Heavy user

IME

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 01:31:22 AM »

cementimental still got the brush!!
Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 09:27:48 PM »

Yep the brush is still going strong :)

Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2015, 01:05:13 AM »

No need for any clever effects, just clean boost and more clean boost and optional Rat clone (tho that almost seems like cheating) thru tube drive/preamp. Actually sounds pretty immense with just the 2ube on it's own. Yet to successfully do much with this setup, gigs i've brought it to so far have been unsatisfactory sound-wise so far alas and haven't done it justice. :-/ I need to just record it loud thru a bass amp onto tape some time soon.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:19:16 AM by Cementimental » Logged

Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »

Hello Mr. Cementimental, I noticed in one of your pics you have a Korg Monotron that looks like it was cracked open and bent, What did you do to it and what was the overall effect of doing this? I love monotrons, i think they are fun and cool little toys that could have a bit more potential. I know nothing about modding things but would like to start..thanx!
I've got the original monotron and the duo but yet to circuitbend them so maybe it was something else you saw/someone else's gear in one of my shots? Not sure... Anyway monotron mods are very well documented on various sites  + they can be turned into a much more advanced synth (i've even seen them made into semi-modular kind of things which is probably what i'll try)... It's more of a 'theory' modification thing than a good random circuitbending target, digital keyboards etc are better for that..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: