General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: yosef666 on July 10, 2020, 09:53:09 AM
Perhaps trusting information from the Unz Review isn't the best idea... it's pure lunatic fringe nuttery. Some recent top articles:

"Is Jeffrey Epstein's Boss Ghislaine Maxwell Helping Mossad Run Pedophile Rings for Prince Andrew and the Ruling Elite"

Say what you will about the Unz, but ever since they hired this guy to fact check their lead articles the quality of reporting has drastically improved.

Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

A-Z

"Is Jeffrey Epstein's Boss Ghislaine Maxwell Helping Mossad Run Pedophile Rings for Prince Andrew and the Ruling Elite"
"Are the Democrats a Political Party or a CIA-Backed Fifth Column?"
"American Pravda: John McCain, Jeffrey Epstein, and Pizzagate"
"Top 3 Reasons to Doubt the Ahmaud "Just a Jogger" Arbery Narrative"

and what exactly seems to be the problem with any of those?

yosef666

Quote from: death persuader on July 11, 2020, 12:11:35 AM
Quote from: death persuader on July 09, 2020, 02:28:13 AM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 07, 2020, 11:41:24 PM
If you're interested in another article and interpretation of the situation, here you go.  They're endless, and I've never heard of this site.  Seemed like a decently fair analysis though.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/working-stiff/86913

I'm interested in any article that doesn't exist for the sole purpose of sucking any one group's cock, I'm not so rigid about this particular situation but we live in bizarro-world where getting authentic information is becoming increasingly tough, I will give this a look at some point.

Perhaps trusting information from the Unz Review isn't the best idea... it's pure lunatic fringe nuttery. Some recent top articles:

Never heard of the Unz before this article but if you want to pick a bunch of (fringe) click-bait article titles/headlines with intent to discredit entire outlets/websites/etc. we could do it for days with even more well known, "trusted" outlets... Whatever that means in 2020.

"Joe Biden blames sexual assaults on 'white man's culture'"
"Classical Opera has a racism problem"
""It's all white people": Allegations of white supremacy are tearing apart a prestigious medieval studies group"
"London cyclists too white, male and middle class, says capital's cycling chief in vow to tackle diversity 'problem'"
"Black Lives Matter protests may have slowed overall spread of coronavirus"

But it's not about the outlet, it's about information, and if you navigate correctly you can get information from a lot of outlets. The official autopsy report is in the list of sources in that Unz article, that's something I was interested in seeing.
Unz is a fringe consipracy theory website. If you choose to consider it a reliable news source... well, that's your call. Generally I look for reporting done by reporters on the ground, interviewing involved parties for the story they're writing. A good reporter follows a story wherever it leads without predetermined answers. That's not Unz by a long shot. I'm not saying there's no liberal/left bias in modern mainstream journalis, but comparing "Classical Opera has a racism problem" to "Is Jeffrey Epstein's Boss Ghislaine Maxwell Helping Mossad Run Pedophile Rings for Prince Andrew and the Ruling Elite" is ridiculous. The first is an example of PC culture running amok, the second is batshit crazy.

And the "Joe Biden blames sexual assaults on 'white man's culture'" is from the NY Post. That paper is basically a half-step up from a tabloid with a strong pseudo-populist bent.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

death persuader

Quote from: yosef666 on July 11, 2020, 02:12:01 AMIf you choose to consider it a reliable news source... well, that's your call.

I don't think I implied I did, but the actual information I was after (again, the official Hennepin county medical examiner's autopsy report) was linked there. My point earlier was that regardless of the outlet, website, article, writer, journalist, etc., unless the entire article(s) is filled with absolute bullshit (genuine lies) and lacking sources, you can glean information for your own further research from these places.

Quote from: yosef666 on July 11, 2020, 02:12:01 AMThe first is an example of PC culture running amok, the second is batshit crazy.

I didn't realize the two were separable.

Zeno Marx

Folks at The Onion must be jealous of some of these.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: death persuader on July 09, 2020, 02:28:13 AM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 07, 2020, 11:41:24 PM
If you're interested in another article and interpretation of the situation, here you go.  They're endless, and I've never heard of this site.  Seemed like a decently fair analysis though.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/working-stiff/86913

I'm interested in any article that doesn't exist for the sole purpose of sucking any one group's cock, I'm not so rigid about this particular situation but we live in bizarro-world where getting authentic information is becoming increasingly tough, I will give this a look at some point.

In a public discourse where ideas such as "Donald Trump is secretly controlled by Russia" or "American police officers are targeting innocent black males for murder (or why not 'genocide')" is not considered lunatic fringe, it's not exactly strange that people believe stuff like this. Why not? It's not dumber in any way what so ever. Furthermore: it is not lunatic fringe websites providing pseudointellectual fodder for rioters and idiots in the US today, it is CNN and their various buddies. The fact of the matter is that American mainstream media is now the exact same shit as UNZ, except it is far more influential and far more dangerous.

That being said, I don't think Prince Andrew is running any pedophile ring. As a general rule, as soon as European royalty is involved in an article, it's usually a safe bet to sort it in the loonie bin.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

A-Z

Quote from: Yrjö-Koskinen on July 11, 2020, 10:13:44 PM
As a general rule, as soon as European royalty is involved in an article, it's usually a safe bet to sort it in the loonie bin.

I wouldn't be so sure.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/belgian-royal-family-dismisses-paedophile-claims-over-king-9180652.html
https://nltimes.nl/2016/04/18/forced-child-prostitution-case-netherlands-elite-royalty-microscope
https://time.com/2974381/england-land-of-royals-tea-and-horrific-pedophilia-coverups/

Always easier & safer for one's mental health to scrub stuf under the rug as "lunatic conspiracy theories", no question about that.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: A-Z on July 12, 2020, 05:35:45 PM
Quote from: Yrjö-Koskinen on July 11, 2020, 10:13:44 PM
As a general rule, as soon as European royalty is involved in an article, it's usually a safe bet to sort it in the loonie bin.

I wouldn't be so sure.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/belgian-royal-family-dismisses-paedophile-claims-over-king-9180652.html
https://nltimes.nl/2016/04/18/forced-child-prostitution-case-netherlands-elite-royalty-microscope
https://time.com/2974381/england-land-of-royals-tea-and-horrific-pedophilia-coverups/

Always easier & safer for one's mental health to scrub stuf under the rug as "lunatic conspiracy theories", no question about that.

Pedophilia was largely romanticized and accepted by large portions of the radical shit culture of the 70s and 80s, yes (https://newrepublic.com/article/120379/german-green-party-pedophilia-scandal, https://c-fam.org/turtle_bay/daniel-cohn-bendit-and-the-1968-revolution-paedophilia-as-part-of-their-political-agenda/) and it is highly likely that this gross perversion influenced/coincided with the habits of some influential people. Most likely, the aftermath of this is what we're still seeing. It still doesn't add up to the "lizard people run the world for their own sexual purposes" vibe that most conspiracy sites peddle.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

A-Z

Quote from: Yrjö-Koskinen on July 12, 2020, 11:49:02 PM
"lizard people run the world for their own sexual purposes"

this is how it works, this whole "conspiracy theory" deal, it was invented specifically for this exact purpose
https://projectunspeakable.com/conspiracy-theory-invention-of-cia/
make up some obvious nonsense, ie space lizards, flat earth, Hitler's flying saucers and whatnot
lump it together with whatever information you want to discredit
job done, no need for expensive coverups, things get hidden in plain sight
and if somebody tries to point something out to an average joe, all he sees is LIZADRS LIARDS LIZARDS
it's not lizards, it's rich and powerful people being extraordinary dicks and average joe subconsciously playing an ostrich

(and maybe playing an ostrich is the sanest thing to do, because you can't change jack shit anyway)

Theodore

I think Alan Moore had said he doesnt believe in conspiracy theories cause there are so many conspiracies in progress, fighting against each other, that trying to explain what's happening by use of conspiracy theories is way too simple and wrong for the chaotic world we lived in. - I think it was in 'The Mindscape of Alan Moore' documentary, watched it many years ago but that's what stayed with me, in my own words. I totally share this view.

Also he said that the world gonna 'explode' by information overload. Then i thought 'bullshits' , now i am not sure about the world, but me i feel so close many times.

Edit : Just rewatched it. It's on YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHn-HzacxY . Excellent !!

"The truth is more terrifying. Noone is in charge."
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

yosef666

Quote from: Theodore on July 13, 2020, 03:12:37 AM
"The truth is more terrifying. Noone is in charge."

Excatly this. In some ways it's comforting to imagine that there's someone out there (Illuminati, Reptilians, Elders of Zion, Trilaterals, Freemasons) who know exactly what they're doing, & that no matter how insane the world seems, it's actually all under control & in accordance with a master plan. Plus our brains evolved to recognize patterns, which has helped us enormously in an evolutionary sense, but often leads to seeing patterns where none are there, or pareidolia. In extreme cases, like schizophrenia, this can lead an individual down some really dark paths, but even someone who would be considered cognitively "normal" or non-neurodivergent can easily begin to experience pareidolia when presented with specious arguments. Most QAnon believers are "normal" people who habve come to believe something that is so disconnected from reality that to anyone outside the bubble it looks crazy, but it's very comforting to those inside who feel  like they know "what's really going on in the world". The same could be said for any religion.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

Bloated Slutbag

I have two conspiracy theories about conspiracy theories. The first rhymes with some of the above. Yes the big bad world is a scary place and no you will never control your circumstances to the extent that you can ever feel completely safe and secure. But the conspiracy theory is a good safety valve to depress in lieu of taking responsibility for your lot in life. That's my first conspiracy theory.

The other one goes roughly like, get three people in a room for a certain amount of time and before long a conspiracy will emerge. It could simply be the two holding back the knowledge of who farted from the one. But seriously, I'm sure I know who that fucker is!

Quote from: yosef666 on July 11, 2020, 02:12:01 AM
the NY Post. That paper is basically a half-step up from a tabloid with a strong pseudo-populist bent.

On matters of NY Post I defer to Chuck D-
QuoteHere's a letter to the New York Post
Ain't worth the paper it's printed on
Founded in 1801 by Alexander Hamilton
That's a hundred-ninety years of continuous fucked up news

Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

A-Z

what if the rich and powerful made plans to increase their wealth and power and invested all kinds of resources to see those plans come to fruition?
nah, don't be silly, it's just your pattern seeking mind playing tricks on you
stuff just happens all of a sudden for no good reason at all
only assholes and nutjobs say otherwise

Japsi

I've spent over 20 years studying conspiracy theory, perceptual psychology and the ways our cognitive systems function and process sensory data. Alan Moore's suggestion regarding information overload appears to be largely correct, and I would suggest that the surge in mental health issues we're seeing in civilized society may be related to this.

For all of our evolution, we are still primates and still run the same 'operating system', so to speak, as our ancestors. The human nervous system hasn't been configured to deal with this new influx of information, which has occurred exponentially faster than at any time in recorded history, and it shows no signs of stopping.

Whether we like it or not, our cognitive faculties are based on pattern recognition; intuition also depends on those same systems.

I could go deep on this, but it's not relevant to the thread and I have no wish to derail it.

Suffice it to say, I've explored this avenue extensively and without turning into David Icke (who is at least 96.531% full of shit).

Perhaps another thread, another time.