General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

Sharing his bread like a true saint. Very realistic portrayal...

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on December 06, 2017, 04:04:32 AM
I was wondering when they'd get around to remembering Balthus.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/dec/06/new-york-metropolitan-museum-art-refuses-remove-girl-balthasar-klossowski-voyeurism-complaint

Refuses to remove? Very refreshing! These days one lazy blog post is all it takes to get something "offensive" removed. But this one also kinda surprises me because most of his works are sexually charged and his fixation with young girls is quite obvious. Take into consideration the case of Graham Ovenden, which is by no means similar to this but his child abuse conviction resulted to his art and private collection being ordered to be destroyed by an actual judge and also some online museums removed many of his works. So in that sense, this time I can see where the controversy lies.

Andrew McIntosh

Yea, it's not like Balthus was hiding anything. But that's why it's even more important the gallery told the petitioners to stuff it.

I think it's also interesting the petition organiser suggested that it be replaced by a female artist. Because no woman has ever, in the entire history of the human race, ever hurt or sexually abused children.

Had a look at the petition and it's amazing how ignorant she is.
Shikata ga nai.

online prowler

online prowler

Quote from: theotherjohn on December 22, 2017, 12:08:19 PM
...I stand corrected: https://youtu.be/IiRB4W0_c6I

- even better!!! Priceless. Shows her he can stand and think about what he's done as well.

Andrew McIntosh

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-28/vanity-fair-apologises-for-mocking-hillary-clinton/9290560

QuoteMany Liberals claim they are burning Vanity Fair and purchasing online subscriptions, just so they can cancel them.
Shikata ga nai.

bitewerksMTB

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/youtuber-logan-paul-apologizes-video-suicide-victim-article-1.3732320

Did anyone see the original video before it was either edited or taken down? I barely paid attention when it was on some news show a day or 2 ago.

XXX

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 04, 2018, 02:38:49 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/youtuber-logan-paul-apologizes-video-suicide-victim-article-1.3732320

Did anyone see the original video before it was either edited or taken down? I barely paid attention when it was on some news show a day or 2 ago.

honestly have to say the butt hurt is legit on this one. this toehead has many videos of his recent trip still up where he violates so many social rules of japan. what more to expect from someone who whores themselves for clicks & views.

Peterson

I can't disagree - the whole culture of YT celebrity is disturbing to me and that guy seems to me like the "normal"/well-adjusted version of Luka Magnotta. IE, pathologically-intense need for attention etc. There are videos floating around of bodies in the suicide forest elsewhere, as far as I know, likely recorded with more honest intentions.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Peterson on January 04, 2018, 08:29:04 PM
I can't disagree - the whole culture of YT celebrity is disturbing to me and that guy seems to me like the "normal"/well-adjusted version of Luka Magnotta. IE, pathologically-intense need for attention etc. There are videos floating around of bodies in the suicide forest elsewhere, as far as I know, likely recorded with more honest intentions.

It's really something else. At present there is an exceedingly shitty version of the American Culture Wars surrounding the Magic the Gathering online community which I deem more influenced by the Youtube-celeb thing than any actual concerns about politics, online harassment or whatever else the people participating fool themselves into believing. Without going into the details, a quasi-trolling bearded nerd running a channel called Unsleeved Media (with about 150.000 subscribers) has been ostracized by the "Magic community" as well as banned from official events after insulting some cosplayer and/or making some kind of Magic-card related "transphobic" joke (I think; I've watched hours of this shit and am still trying to get a handle on it). An endless stream of leaked conversations, bizarre confessions of mental instability from various parties involved and massive amounts of hate and threats have ensued. Watching the whole thing, it is obvious that a fundamental part of the whole circus is the fact that a number of people have become famous solely by posting videos about a card game, and now are both powerful and subject to the aggression of others in a completely disproportionate manner. They have become "celebrities" without the normal shields of income, agents and public acceptance that makes "normal" celebrity somewhat less destructive (even if those things sometimes aren't enough). The whole thing with deeply insecure misfits being worshipped, as well as attacked, as if they were NFL millionaires or politicians is really fucking bizarre - and the mutual combativeness and sensitivity is a sight to behold. From a very subtle Power Electronics/misery tourism perspective the whole thing is oddly entertaining, but on a human level it is obviously depressing.

And I'm sure this is just one of many, many examples.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

Andrew McIntosh

Reminds me of that bit from "Decline of Western Civilisation" where I think it was Darby Crash's woman at the time bragging about how a worker who was cleaning her dad's house's windows fell and died, and her and her mates were taking photos of themselves lying next to his corpse.
Shikata ga nai.