General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oOoOoOo

I've had so many people online call me a sociopath and a rape apologist and rapist on facebook and some forum in the past couple days, it's ridiculous. I told my mom my opinions on Brock Turner and she said that it's a smart idea, but I just need to learn how to word stuff so it doesn't piss people off. She says I should try to be a leader of thought, and influence other people. Jesus Christ, me, influencing other people? What? At least not everyone's an asshole though, it's easy to get caught up in that mentality. I actually feel bad when people call me a sociopath and a rapist, except when I step back and realize that they're just some people on the internet who can't even see my god damn face and don't know anything about me, it's easier to feel better.

But no, I'm a real person, with real feelings, imagine that. What's it like to know people irl who don't judge you and make you feel respected and loved? I almost wanna contact that guy from a couple years ago who was coming onto me on facebook and see if he's still into me. Except you know, adding people on facebook can be a fucking disaster, I have to be ready to have my heart torn out of my chest emotionally.

Andrew McIntosh

Feminists, particularly career feminists who've been around a decade or so, can't handle the fact that their ideology is popular. The university enclave is no longer sacrosanct. Now every girl in school is expected to "identify" as a feminist, if only out of peer or social pressure. It's become very mainstream and a lot of the sisterhood are having a lot of difficulty knowing how to react.

The other thing is - I don't have national and international rape statistics in front of me right now but I dare suggest the fact they still exist shows that the real serious shit like rape is still going on. Yet we are expected to give a shit about the next James Bond having tits or not. You work out the disconnect, it's pretty obvious.

As far as feminism is concerned I'm more for people like Mujeres Libres or RAWA than, for example, Jezabel or Broadly. Once again I invite you to compare and contrast.

What I hate is smug triumphalism and the forcing of opinions onto me. If it's coming from feminists, I'm happy to sneer at it. If it's coming from misogynist fuckwits, I'll treat them the same. I'm an egalitarian that way.
Shikata ga nai.

oOoOoOo

I see you have Cioran quotes on your tumblr. I love Cioran. I have 3 of his books next to my bed, I pick up and read a random page of On The Heights Of Despair a lot.

Fluid Fetish

To put in my worthless two cents, at this point in my life to be honest I couldn't care less about equality, rights, feminism, rape, abortion, social justice warriors, bigotry, racism, other then I find it all fascinating and thought provoking, and I enjoy seeing it. Anything that causes social unrest, disruption, or instability is good in my opinion, and since it all usually makes me laugh it's all the better. I don't really care if this sounds pompous but I have a hard time weeping for humanity when everyone is just reaping what they've sewn and mostly getting EXACTLY what they deserve, I think Lovecraft has a quote that's basically: "Rather then weep for humanity from within it's limitations I prefer to laugh at humanity from outside of it's limitations." I don't think I'm superior or above all of these issues at all, they still affect me, but ultimately they actually don't really. I'm too focused on trying to achieve my personal/professional goals and just trying to FUCKING SURVIVE AND EAT every day, and besides, all is vanity anyway.

oOoOoOo

God fuck all this controversy. I've had trouble sleeping for the past couple nights, really shotty sleep where I keep waking up because it's so shallow. Sick of all the controversy. I need to stop arguing with people on different forums too. I got this one atheist forum with a bunch of people convinced that I'm a serial killer just because I'm saying morality is arbitrary and sometimes I cheer for serial killers and rapists. Gaaah fucking.... morons isn't a heavy enough word. Retarded seems a bit more precise.

Doesn't mean I'm happy that people die or don't care about victims or whatever, I just see the universe as ultimately indifferent and I can have sympathy for people who commit crimes. Why not? It's not like I'm condoning them or something. Sometimes it's just fun to see how far people can go before they get away with what they do. I feel bad for both the rape victims and the rapist, because ultimately they signed a social contract they never asked to sign, which is basically to be part of society as a whole. That's not to say that rapists suffer more than rape victims, maybe they do, maybe they don't. Maybe the rapist suffered rape as a child, which normalized raping other people in his or her head, or maybe he simply doesn't have the conscience to care about morality. All of those things are immaterial to me, it's just the way of the universe. I am allowed to make up how I see the universe, because ultimately the universe is absurd anyways and there's no ultimate right and wrong.

Like fuck, do I even have to go on any further? I'm fucking sick of trying to explain this to people. If people are too dumb to get my point of view and want to say "ohhhh this guy should have the fuck beaten out of him and restrained before he hurts someone" when I never said anything about hurting anyone and they have no reason to even believe that I am a sociopath or a psychopath... then fuck them. They're morons and they should seriously fuck off.

oOoOoOo

Everyone wants to have a clear cut good guy and bad guy, but the universe is more complex than their dumb shit minds can handle. There's no happy ending, there's no easy answers, the universe wasn't put here so you can fucking feel good about being a righteous pig.

And now I'm banned from the atheist forum too. There's hardly a forum I go to that I don't get banned from. I hope the worst to them in their lives, I hope they suffer, because they're stupid and worthless.

Reason for being banned "Posts purposely provocative things to get a rise". They should go fucking die.

calaverasgrande

I'd probably say that deep down I actually am a PC person in a way. I honestly believe that regardless of whether people are literally equal or not, they should not be given or denied rights based on anything other than whether they draw breath and metabolize. 

I've been friends with people of pretty much every type over the years. Black white brown, gay, straight, both, neither etc. I really don't care about identity shit until, for example, someone starts beating up the guy next to me because he is brown and they are a nazi or something. It's just really uncalled for, and nobody likes to get blood on their clothes. (least of all nazi skinheads they are such vain bitches).
But then I have just gotten so jaded by the constant intractability of bigotry that I've long since retreated to an absurdist response.
I refuse to take fag bashers and racist nazis seriously. This actually pisses off a lot of people. They want to have a shouty 'discussion' about violence against whomtever. I want to sing a parody of a pop song with cursewords for the lyrics.
I agree that modern feminists and quite a lot of racial activists are pretty full of shit. They missed the boat on agitating against injustice, so they want to create some great big stink because, Scarlett Johanson is going to play a white character in an adaptation of a Japanese Anime/Mange instead of an Asian woman playing that white character.

I think a lot of these people to need to read more Voltaire. There is that one story about the people on the ship who all have a petty thing to complain about. And they do all have their travails. Nobody gets out alive, and everyone gets ground down a bit. The key is are you just going to complain or get off your ass?

oOoOoOo

Hate is probably responsible for a huge majority of everything wrong in the world.

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

calaverasgrande

Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 15, 2016, 03:39:35 AM
Hate is probably responsible for a huge majority of everything wrong in the world.
I genuinely believe that human nature is malign.
Everyone acts in their self interest, and thinks they are on the 'good side'.
The Soviets thought they were the good guys, and the NATO pact thought they were the good guys. And many people suffered and died.

I think that viewed on a non individual scale, people are just a bunch of greedy grabbing fuckers. Kind of like any other creature in the animal kingdom really, but clever enough to be devious.
People talk about human nature as if it means the inevitable triumph of good over evil. They are buying into a false dichotomy and contributing to the problem. Believing that good will prevail just ...because it is good. It means postponing being proactive about bullshit you could be correcting, now. 

But then you are back to what is right, and that really is a matter of opinion.

oOoOoOo

Quote from: calaverasgrande on June 15, 2016, 06:32:03 AM
Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 15, 2016, 03:39:35 AM
I genuinely believe that human nature is malign.
Everyone acts in their self interest, and thinks they are on the 'good side'.
The Soviets thought they were the good guys, and the NATO pact thought they were the good guys. And many people suffered and died.

I think that viewed on a non individual scale, people are just a bunch of greedy grabbing fuckers. Kind of like any other creature in the animal kingdom really, but clever enough to be devious.
People talk about human nature as if it means the inevitable triumph of good over evil. They are buying into a false dichotomy and contributing to the problem. Believing that good will prevail just ...because it is good. It means postponing being proactive about bullshit you could be correcting, now. 

But then you are back to what is right, and that really is a matter of opinion.
Yes, I believe the good and bad dichotomy is ultimately what is screwing over human kind in terms of it's relationship with other human beings. First of all, human beings aren't even smart enough in the first place to realize what is best for ourselves, yet we have these moral codes. Second, the good and bad dichotomy is horrible, because human beings are ultimately very ignorant creatures. We're ignorant of each other, and when people are ignorant of something, they become angry at it and ultimately end up seeing it as an enemy. That's probably just some animal instinct, to see other things as a thread, which I suppose makes sense because the natural animal kingdom is a vicious place. No doubt an animal that wasn't evolved in those circumstances could adapt a passive and peaceful way of behavior. If you look at the good and bad dichotomy, even people like the Oregon shooter, you realize that he was raised in an extremely homophobic religious house hold, it's obvious that the hatred he bottled up towards himself because of his wife he was probably unfaithful to because he was gay, frequenting the gay night club, and his religious parents, ultimately boiled over in a sea of hatred. You see the pattern? Unjustified by any system of law, but there was a reason. This is what disturbs me so much about the human race. Even people who claim to be the good guys are self righteous pigs, and I believe if you are a self righteous pig you are by no means a good guy.

oOoOoOo

I think the amazing atheist said it much better than I could have. He's vehemently anti radical feminist, but also very liberal and in my opinion balanced and insightful on human rights perspectives. This is his video about what he thinks about the rapist Brock Turner and the response from people to the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMAKkUO-HnA

He summed it up so much better than I could have. I agree with him 100% and it makes me feel confirmed that my point of view was indeed the most compassionate point of view the whole time. The criminal justice system in america is based on vengeance, not rehabilitation. This attitude is represented in through the reaction of the public, where the only thing the public reacts to is a sentence that is "too lenient" in lieu of overly harsh sentencing and a justice system that doesn't even care about rehabilitation, only concerned with punishment and retribution. Compassionately, I agree with the amazing atheist, I hope the rape victim can move on, and I hope the best for Brock Turner too. How can you claim to be the compassionate one, when you only show compassion for one camp? People who berate Brock Turner are no better than hitler, and they're certainly no better than rapists themselves.

I'd even go as far as saying the rape victim herself is no better than the rapist.

J_D_H

Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 15, 2016, 05:19:52 PM
Compassionately, I agree with the amazing atheist, I hope the rape victim can move on, and I hope the best for Brock Turner too. How can you claim to be the compassionate one, when you only show compassion for one camp? People who berate Brock Turner are no better than hitler, and they're certainly no better than rapists themselves.

I'd even go as far as saying the rape victim herself is no better than the rapist.

Sounds like you need to look up the word 'compassion' if that's what you're trying to get across in that rant... Didn't think it was possible but your defence of that scumbag comes across as some hideous mishmash of the worst rantings of the 'men's rights' dweebs and the ultra liberal pansies that perceive every possible individual as a victim. Guess I'm worse than Hitler eh!

tiny_tove

Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 15, 2016, 05:19:52 PM
. The criminal justice system in america is based on vengeance, not rehabilitation.
.jails are built also for punishment and it is common sense that rehab is possible only with specific form if inmates. there are criminal types that will never change since their culture/education/background is compeletely fucked up and only 1 out of 1000 would fit in society again.
would you rehabilitate somebody who slaughtered your family for getting money for crack?  would you rehabilitate corrupt bankers involved in major economical crimes (Soros anyone?), would you rehabilitate somebody who sold heroin to your cousin who overdosed? add an example etc.
surely jail situation can be improved and there are many "crimes" that cannot be considered as such (list is long) that should be managed without locking people up, but many inmates are paying for shit they are responsible for, and I am quite sure they are conscious about that.

jail is shit, but there are many ways to avoid it, like for example, avoiding useless troubles, control your greed, etc.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 15, 2016, 07:03:00 AM
Yes, I believe the good and bad dichotomy is ultimately what is screwing over human kind in terms of it's relationship with other human beings. First of all, human beings aren't even smart enough in the first place to realize what is best for ourselves, yet we have these moral codes.

It's pretty safe to assume that even the most primitive moral code is vastly superior to winging it. There's a lot of aggression towards Islam these days, perhaps rightly so, but so far as we know Islam was still an enormous improvement on the pre-islamic Arab culture in most respects, treatment of women included (which is not to say that today it's an improvement on, say, Orlando's club scene). And while I'm all for romanticizing Roman and otherwise pre-Christian culture, Christianity did reduce the tendency of Westerners to rape, beat and generally butcher virtual armies of slaves and subordinates. In fact, while certain abstract moral and political systems - egalitarianism and Communism being two of the most obvious ones - lead to absolute shit, because they are absolute shit, many of them have been immensely beneficial to mankind on both an individual and a collective level. Especially systems which are based on the "good and bad dichotomy" on a personal plane, as opposed to just a set of externally enforced rules.

There is also a quite obvious problem with the claim that "saying that certain things are right or wrong is wrong".

People may be assholes, but under the right circumstances the vast majority of them have a tremendous capacity for controlling that and many other unpleasant features of themselves. Consider: almost all men are in situations where they would be able to, or even inclined to, rape, severely hurt or even kill other people thousands of times in their lives, yet most never do it. Furthermore there are lots of people who aren't particularly self-righteous or piggish. Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly a humanitarian, and I loathe almost all opinions of almost all people. But one shouldn't exaggerate, and especially not condemn mankind for its failure to live up to whatever ideal one has happened to inherit from silly French 18th century thinkers, even sillier 60s radicals or outright shitty rock/punk lyrics.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea