General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

This article is about the best summation I've read of it all, from someone with some stake in it.
Shikata ga nai.

Scat-O-Logy

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 10, 2014, 03:09:51 AM"Did you notice the bow? I'm not comfortable with the sex I was assigned at birth so I'm exercising my right to identify with the gender of my choice. Now, get out my way, I got to take a shit"

I can just hear that being spoken in the Cartman voice.
Shikata ga nai.

Andrew McIntosh

Campus feminists are a breed apart. What I find interesting about them is that, for the most part, most of them have only just finished puberty and they think they've got everything worked out.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/marie-calloway/2013/06/how-two-young-feminists-are-using-radical-feminism-to-pave-a-new-way-forward/

QuoteI first interviewed Alexandria Brown, who, at the age of 25, is well-versed in radical feminist theory and continental philosophy.

Who needs life experience when you've got the right books?
Shikata ga nai.

THE RITA HN

QuoteCampus feminists are a breed apart. What I find interesting about them is that, for the most part, most of them have only just finished puberty and they think they've got everything worked out.

After reading those interviews, all you can see are minds that are spiraling out of control.  So desperate for identity and a personal 'scene' that they'll drive themselves mad trying to constantly stay in tune with that 'lifestyle'.  I saw myself as a hardcore straight edger during the late 80 / early 90s and fell into some patterns that clearly marked myself chasing some sort of a 'scene', a gang mentality.  I still don't drink and do drugs, but it's liberating knowing that you just do it for yourself.
It's like a moron that gets COVERED in tattoos that represent some specific scene they're in at the time - be it fucking horrorbilly, rollergirl, goth, etc.  Watching them look at their own $1000s worth of tattoos and have to retain the interests and participate in the scene when they are clearly outgrowing it, driving themselves mad.

Fuck, it might sound shallow and 'uneducated', but I have known and involved myself with a number of women that work directly with inner city prostitutes, safe houses for women, etc.. and those girls that are actually NECK DEEP in the issues seem to be the most grounded ---- aka realistic about their lifestyles and fucking SEXUALLY CHARGED for men.

THE RITA HN

I wonder if it would helpful if gender and women's studies students had to do anatomy (full on dissection and everything) and some sort of 'primitive psychology' degrees as part of their curriculum.  More of a heavy technical HUMAN and GROUNDING element to the directed studies.   

Andrew McIntosh

Having to adopt and keep such torturous concepts and language either does you in in the end or you just become something else entirely. Having come from the anarchist pc scene, I've seen it and done it myself, and yea, it nearly did drive me mad, but that was my fault. There is a high turn-over rate - lots of young people discover these new ideas, run with them as if it's never been done before and either burn out, change their politics completely or become so ossified they turn into living caricatures. Some of the older activists I've known have been absolutely pathetic as human beings.

It's not that there are no people who are just balanced and strongly hold such views, but usually those people are more open minded and don't care too much about language and things like that. They also tend towards more small-scale, local kinds of activism that are a lot more mutually beneficial, rather than trying to re-create the world in their mind's image. Much like the women Sam mentions, I suppose. One of the people I'm thinking of also has worked in a women's refuge for some years now.

And re your suggestion, Sam, The Sisterhood is already onto it - http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/05/what-is-feminist-biology-and-why-do-we-need-it.html.
Shikata ga nai.

Andrew McIntosh

Jesus, talk about low hanging fruit.
Shikata ga nai.