Special Interest
September 29, 2020, 10:38:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157
  Print  
Author Topic: General butthurt & pc faggotry etc  (Read 592177 times)
Harvest
Heavy user

« Reply #2265 on: March 04, 2020, 12:34:16 AM »

to me the only mystery is how behringer doesn't understand they are not in the same category as the vintage synths they try to emulate, but as a cheap alternative both in price and sound. why be upset that a reviewer pointed out what we've all known for years?
Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #2266 on: March 04, 2020, 01:25:40 AM »

don't care what anyone says, if you asked me to draw that antisemitic meme character from memory in MS paint you'd basically get what behringer put on there :D That's their problem, not mine or anyone else pointing out the similarity

Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #2267 on: March 04, 2020, 09:17:28 AM »

I suppose I can see a couple of similarities, if I were looking for similarities. But I'm as familiar as anyone else with that Jewish caricature, and if I'd seen the Behringer thing before reading about this affair, I would not have picked it as a copy, intentional or not. Doesn't even look like the chap they're trying to take the piss out of, either. It's petty, but it's hardly offensive.

Overreactions from everyone, really.

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.

https://n-----g.bandcamp.com
tiny_tove
Overkill user

ELETTRONICA RADICALE EDIZIONI

« Reply #2268 on: March 04, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »

don't care what anyone says, if you asked me to draw that antisemitic meme character from memory in MS paint you'd basically get what behringer put on there :D That's their problem, not mine or anyone else pointing out the similarity
I love you my friend ah ah

tiny_tove
Overkill user

« Reply #2269 on: March 06, 2020, 07:01:37 PM »

this is the most complete article on the Behringer affair. Even motherboard attempted to draw the attention on the subject. I contacted the journalist  of motherboard and she did not reply.

https://www.musictech.net/news/11-things-need-know-history-behringer-peter-kirn/?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

Yrjö-Koskinen
Heavy user

Hate globally, act peripherally

« Reply #2270 on: March 06, 2020, 11:03:19 PM »

I'd take a balanced position here, after making at least quick-google sure that Kirn isn't an obvious disgusting shill. His criticism in the original articles weren't that aggressive, and didn't say anything new as far as I can tell. Considering that Behringer doesn't exactly hide their cloning habits, I can't even see why they took notice to begin with. Behringer could simply have ignored it, or perhaps made a curt reply. At the very worst they could have done the hilarious pedal meme without the copyright bullshit.

In total, my opinion is that any talk of the dangers of anti-semitic pedal decorations is too stupid to even be discussed, but trying to copyright someone's name - "spite-copyrighting" seems to sum it up - is not legit behavior coming from a major company towards a single dude. I say this despite the fact that I am quite sure that the entire mob ganging up on Behringer (at least the parts of it that are concerned with the artwork of the peda memel) is completely fine with any sort of harassment against people they dislike, and can all go fornicate themselves with whatever pedals they prefer to this one. Despite that, I think it's a sound principle to limit the power of companies to exert pressure on single individuals, and that Behringer went overboard here. Not that "journalists" have or should have any claim what so ever to special protection , but despite all evidence to the contrary I believe they can still be classified as individuals.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 12:03:32 AM by Yrjö-Koskinen » Logged

"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea
tiny_tove
Overkill user

« Reply #2271 on: March 10, 2020, 03:22:47 PM »

in fact. we have two separate issues:

- this poor guy saying things that many think and getting attacked in a creative way
- the antisemitic farce used as an excuse to damage Berhinger. As said, Pinocchio is no Shylock. It's easy to call a Kraut a Nazi if you want to hurt him. The whole world will confirm.

it is a loose lose situation

Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #2272 on: March 11, 2020, 03:46:54 AM »

Don't worry, the whole thing has gone down the memory hole and everyone's moved on to posting handwashing guides with 'hilarious' inappropriate song lyrics added

PuddysJacket

« Reply #2273 on: March 19, 2020, 09:29:46 PM »

oh no that's terrible are all the white supremacists going to be ok?

slippery slopes. I hope a chinaman coughs in your mouth
Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #2274 on: March 19, 2020, 11:06:50 PM »

A slippery slope argument (SSA), in logic, critical thinking, political rhetoric, and caselaw, is often viewed as a logical fallacy[1] in which a party asserts that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant (usually negative) effect.[2] The core of the slippery slope argument is that a specific decision under debate is likely to result in unintended consequences. The strength of such an argument depends on the warrant, i.e. whether or not one can demonstrate a process that leads to the significant effect. This type of argument is sometimes used as a form of fearmongering, in which the probable consequences of a given action are exaggerated in an attempt to scare the audience.

aububs
Heavy user

« Reply #2275 on: March 19, 2020, 11:59:15 PM »

not giving a shit about white supremacists is a slippery slope to drinking diseased phlegm
host body
moderate user

« Reply #2276 on: March 20, 2020, 05:34:28 PM »

oh no that's terrible are all the white supremacists going to be ok?

slippery slopes. I hope a chinaman coughs in your mouth

china pretty much has the epidemic under control. europe or america, not so much.
GEWALTMONOPOL
Diehard user

« Reply #2277 on: March 20, 2020, 09:44:06 PM »

Also, Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...
Yrjö-Koskinen
Heavy user

Hate globally, act peripherally

« Reply #2278 on: March 20, 2020, 11:16:16 PM »

Virtually every political and social change (violent revolutions included) has been begun with, often even fully accomplished through, a "slippery slope". The assertion that it is a logical fallacy makes no sense.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 11:26:21 PM by Yrjö-Koskinen » Logged

"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea
deutscheasphalt
Heavy user

« Reply #2279 on: March 20, 2020, 11:52:18 PM »

It is by definition a logical fallacy since the assumed consequence cannot be established in a logical argument.
However this other dude just used it as a buzzword to make himself look intelligent for something that doesn't contain a slippery slope argument at all.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157
  Print  

Jump to: