General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

Right?  You can accuse guys like that of many things, but flippancy with regards to online privacy has never been one of them. Sickening.

HESalvo

Quote from: aububs on January 03, 2020, 12:52:15 AM
oh no that's terrible are all the white supremacists going to be ok?

Alhumdulilah, just fine.

HESALVO (formerly PureStench) : http://hesalvo.weebly.com

tiny_tove

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

host body

Quote from: tiny_tove on March 03, 2020, 02:16:33 PM
Behringer accused of antisemitism for obvious Pinocchio caricature.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2020/03/02/behringer-dismisses-critics-as-haters-launches-hate-attack-on-journalist/?fbclid=IwAR0Sbmlt1sZtIe8T_r4uXfbMkhl-TeFsSK0C6ODQots9ZbtFliLBmlonoUI

huh? its pretty obvious the picture was inspired by that jewish caricature, even if it has a long nose. i mean it has nothing esle in common with pinocchio than the long nose and everything else is directly lifted from that jewish caricature. i'm sure uli didn't tell his art team to actually go for straight up antisemitism, but whoever did the art surely knew what they were referencing there. a funny way to conduct business for sure and they deserve all the shit they can get for it, intentional or not.

deutscheasphalt

I don't think it's that obvious that it was derived from the caricature, but even if it was I don't know if I would see it as problematic.
The joke is supposed to be him sniffing knobs in reviews with a long pinocchio nose? (=lying? about ...what?) Not that funny imo, would blame their heritage but then again maybe I just don't get it due to mine. 

host body

Quote from: deutscheasphalt on March 03, 2020, 06:47:21 PM
I don't think it's that obvious that it was derived from the caricature, but even if it was I don't know if I would see it as problematic.

if this was some edgelord on twitter i would agree, who cares but it's one of the biggest music gear brands in the world, attacking a journalist who outed their shady business practises. the fact that their smear campaign was based on an old antisemitic caricature is just icing on the cake.

deutscheasphalt

Some people at Behringer must've gotten real mad at him to plan the campaign for that long and even trademarking the journalist's name. I find that cringeworthy however, the article linked does not view the potential caricature inspiration as icing on the cake, for them that's the real issue which I don't agree with. Jews aren't exactly the most oppressed minority either.

Cementimental

Behringer are the 100% butthurt ones here. Truly pathetic a massive corporation going after an independent journalist for criticising them on some synth blog, let alone doing so with childish 4chan-style shitposts and - more to the point - actually spite-trademarking the guy's name!! then deleting said posts, sorry-not-sorry apologising, deleting the apology and censoring any comments referring to the sad affair on their other FB posts :D

and yeah of course plenty of 'apolitical' synth nerds are all like "WOKE SJW VIRTUE SIGNALLERS WHY EVERYTHINGS ABOUT NAZIS THESE DAYS WAAH ;__:" but it's a fact that the caricature very obviously was a blatant reference to the notorious cartoon by one of Boyd Rice's mates 'A Wyatt Mann', itself originally done as some nihilistic 'free speech' 'satire' provocation or whatever but of course now used unironically by actual antisemites and 4chan trolls to the point where it's now one of the most famous antisemitic symbols in the world. I doubt anyone at behringer sat down and said 'put an antisemitic cartoon on this render plz' but their social media team* are obviously so steeped in babyish 'edgy' 4chan culture they didn't even realise it would be an issue.

*pretty much just one person, I have it on good authority.

QuoteJews aren't exactly the most oppressed minority either.
It's not a competition, and anyway that doesn't make antisemitism not antisemitic, nor does it mean a company who make cheap mixers needn't bother to make sure they don't accidentally parody the most famous antisemitic cartoon of our times on their cringeworthy 'joke' synth render

host body

Quote from: Cementimental on March 03, 2020, 11:05:44 PM
Behringer are the 100% butthurt ones here. Truly pathetic a massive corporation going after an independent journalist for criticising them on some synth blog, let alone doing so with childish 4chan-style shitposts and - more to the point - actually spite-trademarking the guy's name!! then deleting said posts, sorry-not-sorry apologising, deleting the apology and censoring any comments referring to the sad affair on their other FB posts :D

and yeah of course plenty of 'apolitical' synth nerds are all like "WOKE SJW VIRTUE SIGNALLERS WHY EVERYTHINGS ABOUT NAZIS THESE DAYS WAAH ;__:" but it's a fact that the caricature very obviously was a blatant reference to the notorious cartoon by one of Boyd Rice's mates 'A Wyatt Mann', itself originally done as some nihilistic 'free speech' 'satire' provocation or whatever but of course now used unironically by actual antisemites and 4chan trolls to the point where it's now one of the most famous antisemitic symbols in the world. I doubt anyone at behringer sat down and said 'put an antisemitic cartoon on this render plz' but their social media team* are obviously so steeped in babyish 'edgy' 4chan culture they didn't even realise it would be an issue.

*pretty much just one person, I have it on good authority.

It's not a competition, and anyway that doesn't make antisemitism not antisemitic, nor does it mean a company who make cheap mixers needn't bother to make sure they don't accidentally parody the most famous antisemitic cartoon of our times on their cringeworthy 'joke' synth render

Exactly! Couldn't agree more. Fuck behringer.

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: Cementimental on March 03, 2020, 11:05:44 PM
I didn't say that, what I meant was that jews are not as negatively affected by antisemitism nowadays than for instance black people by racism, because the former are pretty well off in society nowadays.
If Behringer really did take the rubbing hands meme as source for the illustration then of course it's antisemitic. My point is 1. that the outcome of that would not be that bad (given that it's not that bad to be a jew in today's society anymore, as established above) and 2. that even though the drawings look similar, it's conjecture to say they definitely copied the meme.

Cementimental

either way they are idiots.

ha the apology mentions 'semitism' not 'anti-semitism', they can't even get that right :D

tiny_tove

Quote from: host body on March 03, 2020, 06:16:33 PM
Quote from: tiny_tove on March 03, 2020, 02:16:33 PM
Behringer accused of antisemitism for obvious Pinocchio caricature.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2020/03/02/behringer-dismisses-critics-as-haters-launches-hate-attack-on-journalist/?fbclid=IwAR0Sbmlt1sZtIe8T_r4uXfbMkhl-TeFsSK0C6ODQots9ZbtFliLBmlonoUI

huh? its pretty obvious the picture was inspired by that jewish caricature

are you for real?

OBVIOUS

NOT OBVIOUS

they do not look the same at all to me. No kippa, different hands position, baldness, hooked nose, forehead, drooping eyelids
guy in the pedal could be me, I look the same when I have beard, just grey bearded

Behringer does shit pedals, weak mixers , but the recent line of lo-budget is cool. The wasp and the Neutron are very good (ask terror cell unit bros). Surely they over reacted on this but I do not see antisemite caricature. That is pinocchio who sniff cork and is a liar for them.
Personally I love the site and I would have debated criticism, but it made me laugh anyway.

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

deutscheasphalt

Also people complaining about the apology being a non-apology are fucking stupid. There's never anything else to apologize for other than hurting someone else's feelings, otherwise why would you apologize? So useless to even demand it.

XXX

to me the only mystery is how behringer doesn't understand they are not in the same category as the vintage synths they try to emulate, but as a cheap alternative both in price and sound. why be upset that a reviewer pointed out what we've all known for years?