General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oOoOoOo

@calaverasgrande
I agree with you on a lot of what you said, but there's just one point about the regulations. I can see how annoying regulations can get, although I specifically can't think of any besides airline security or diving boards at swimming pools. I concede to that frustration, and yeah I don't think that regulations will fix the problems with racism, I think that it would take a long time and new generations of fresh minds who aren't entrenched in what their ignorant parents taught them to make society less racist. So yeah, I don't see regulations as able to fix issues with prejudice.

I do, however, think that some things are just common sense. For example, we don't allow people to own tanks and missiles, this makes a huge amount of sense to me. We check airport security extremely heavily so that people don't hijack the planes, I don't see many people taking issue with that besides for how utterly annoying it is. Yet, we somehow don't extend the same respect to our general society in terms of guns. The facts are clear, we have the highest ownership of guns of almost any country in the world, and we have the most gun deaths. You could also argue against that point and say we also have the most suicides next to japan, and say that mental health is probably an issue too. I'd agree on both points.

I don't think we should take away guns, my point is, we should respect guns as a safety hazard, just as we do driving a car or going through airport security. I don't think that we should have the same amount of security over guns as say, airport security, but I think that about the level of car ownership is necessary, and I like what Hawaii did with it's gun owner registry. Everyone except anarchists will agree, society needs laws and regulations in order to operate, that's why we don't go around with tanks and missile launchers. I think that common sense regulations on guns just make sense, and I think the solution of more guns supposedly solving the problem is absurd.

tiny_tove

Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 30, 2016, 02:16:54 PM
The facts are clear, we have the highest ownership of guns of almost any country in the world, and we have the most gun deaths.

I live 90% of my life in Switzerland. Most families own firearms. They are trained to defend themselves yet they have one of the lowest rates of murder in the world.
It is not weapon's fault. They serve the purpose when needed. In your country, it is evident that some people seem to have a big cultural issue with them.

In Italy weapons can be owned only for specific reasons (sport, dangerous jobs, etc.). Despite the fact I love anything that shots and explodes, I think if they would be as available as in the states we would be shooting our neighbors in the streets.

Said this we have an horrible sense of justice that tends to have social organizations and small lobbies considering whoever hold his ground against intruder/robbers getting the blame.

I may have already mentioned that gypsies broke in and psychically attacked two members of my family who backfired (no guns involved). It was 3 vs 2, result was one of these gentlemen with several blunt force traumas on his head and one with alleged broken leg. (Don't mess with a paratrooper). The three low-lives were able to escape like rats, and useless cops said my relatives should not have reacted and those gypos could have sued them for something like GBH.
Despite the damage and the - not so precious - stolen goods, you got the annoying feeling of having some dirty/stinky parasites violating something you work so hard for every day and anything you probably heard hundreds of time from anybody you know who had the same issue.

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

oOoOoOo

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 30, 2016, 06:21:55 PM
"You could also argue against that point and say we also have the most suicides next to japan..."

The U.S. isn't in the top 10 or even the top 25 countries with the highest suicide rates. Japan is.
Well, I heard it from a source that I thought I could trust. It was in a casual conversation with someone who has a PHD in psychology, maybe I misquoted them, maybe they're wrong. I don't stand by that statement as 100% true, but it seems like if it is then it would be convincing.

Maybe too many guns are the problem, maybe mental health is the problem, maybe lack of gun control is the problem, my guess is as good as yours. Please remember, this is only my take on the issues and I can't say with 100% certainty what the problem is, because I don't think I have heard anyone say with 100% certainty some demonstrable facts about what the problem really is. This is just my take.

tiny_tove

Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 30, 2016, 06:38:46 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 30, 2016, 06:21:55 PM
"You could also argue against that point and say we also have the most suicides next to japan..."

The U.S. isn't in the top 10 or even the top 25 countries with the highest suicide rates. Japan is.
Well, I heard it from a source that I thought I could trust. It was in a casual conversation with someone who has a PHD in psychology, maybe I misquoted them, maybe they're wrong. I don't stand by that statement as 100% true, but it seems like if it is then it would be convincing.

Maybe too many guns are the problem, maybe mental health is the problem, maybe lack of gun control is the problem, my guess is as good as yours. Please remember, this is only my take on the issues and I can't say with 100% certainty what the problem is, because I don't think I have heard anyone say with 100% certainty some demonstrable facts about what the problem really is. This is just my take.

world  health organization places usa around the 50th place... most suicidal countries are either from Eeastern Europe or Africa.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: calaverasgrande on June 30, 2016, 08:00:59 AM
Of course one class of people is 'speaking from a place of power'. Which is a cop out and total bullshit. This is not the occupied territories of Palestine. I can't as a white person go shoot up a black neighborhood and have the IDF come save my happy ass.
I'm with you up to here, and this isn't much of a scenario to prove otherwise.  I don't think I have much white guilt, but admittedly, I might have more than I realize. Regardless, I do feel, as a white male in western culture, I'm afforded a lot of luxuries and securities that other demographics aren't privy to having.  They might not have them at all, or they might have them to a lesser extent.  Doesn't imply white males have a free ride or are living the high life, but comparatively, in most instances, being a white male is gravy.  Then again, I'm in agreement with the general definition of racism and the element of power differentiating between racism and bigotry.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: tiny_tove on June 30, 2016, 04:14:17 PM
The facts are clear, we have the highest ownership of guns of almost any country in the world, and we have the most gun deaths.
I may have already mentioned that gypsies broke in and psychically attacked two members of my family who backfired (no guns involved). It was 3 vs 2, result was one of these gentlemen with several blunt force traumas on his head and one with alleged broken leg. (Don't mess with a paratrooper). The three low-lives were able to escape like rats, and useless cops said my relatives should not have reacted and those gypos could have sued them for something like GBH.
Despite the damage and the - not so precious - stolen goods, you got the annoying feeling of having some dirty/stinky parasites violating something you work so hard for every day and anything you probably heard hundreds of time from anybody you know who had the same issue.

Wait, gypsies broke into your house and attacked your family, stole stuff and then when said gypsies got the shit beat out of them (by you or your paratrooper relative?) and when the cops showed up they informed you that you shouldn't have defended yourselves, and even more so the intruders/attackers could've sued you? WOW. Not only is this one of the best stories I've ever read on the internet but good work on taking matters into your own hands.

As I think a lot of people know, especially Americans on here I'd assume and gun owners like bitewerks, if you attempt a break and enter in someone's home here in the United States you actually can get away with killing the burglars or intruders in self defense. The 'Make My Day Law' as it's commonly known I believe? We name our laws after one liners from Dirty Harry movies. God Bless 'Merica.

To get back on topic or at least back on the topic at hand at this moment, it seems to me the major issue with the gun violence in the United States is the fact that I'm pretty sure literally a significant portion of the American population has mental health issues and not only is the healthcare system in shambles but mental health issues are blatantly swept under the rug, especially by the media and all the other morons with their typical blame game bullshit every time a shooting happens. I'm sure there is an official statistic out there to prove this right? Mental health issues and guns go together like peanut butter and jelly or like murder and rape. Especially mental health issues, guns and Americans.

As someone who was raised shooting guns and hunting, I was always taught to obviously treat firearms with utmost repsect, care and focus. Watching varieties of people handle guns who usually have no prior experience using a firearm is an extremely interesting affair unto itself.  It's pretty fascinating the affect it has on people with the responses ranging from people being scared to others seeming almost sexually aroused and/or overstimulated.

bitewerksMTB

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/30/wristbands-stop-sex-attacks/

"It is unclear how effective the wristbands, which read "don't touch me" in Swedish, will be in preventing attacks, as the majority of sex attack perpetrators are thought to be recent migrants who are unlikely to be able to read them."

True or not, that's funny!

Fluid Fetish

Apparently the living is good in Sweden if you're an Islamic immigrant, rapist.

PTM Jim

We check airport security extremely heavily so that people don't hijack the planes, I don't see many people taking issue with that besides for how utterly annoying it is.
No, it's bullshit. It's to make people have a false sense of safety. Everything is ALWAYS hindsight when it comes to airport security 9/11 was an obvious big one and it made it out of control, but things like the shoe bomber are now responsible for taking shoes off through metal detectors. It would be way better if people could bring knives and, hell even guns, on planes because it would potentially halt any "hijacking."
It's totally out of control and really not much safer than it ever was.

tiny_tove

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on July 01, 2016, 01:42:58 AM
Wait, gypsies broke into your house and attacked your family, stole stuff and then when said gypsies got the shit beat out of them (by you or your paratrooper relative?) and when the cops showed up they informed you that you shouldn't have defended yourselves, and even more so the intruders/attackers could've sued you? WOW. Not only is this one of the best stories I've ever read on the internet but good work on taking matters into your own hands.

I was not there, it happened to my sister and her husband. But that is exactly what happened.

oOoOoOo

Quote from: PTM Jim on July 01, 2016, 05:35:13 AM
We check airport security extremely heavily so that people don't hijack the planes, I don't see many people taking issue with that besides for how utterly annoying it is.
No, it's bullshit. It's to make people have a false sense of safety. Everything is ALWAYS hindsight when it comes to airport security 9/11 was an obvious big one and it made it out of control, but things like the shoe bomber are now responsible for taking shoes off through metal detectors. It would be way better if people could bring knives and, hell even guns, on planes because it would potentially halt any "hijacking."
"It would be way better if people could bring knives and, hell even guns, on planes because it would potentially halt any "hijacking." I am face palming so hard right now.

That's why they have secret service agents on flights. Even if they didn't, I'm still face palming at that statement.

bitewerksMTB

It's Federal Air Marshals that are on flights not the Secret Service.

PTM Jim

Quote from: oOoOoOo on July 01, 2016, 01:03:41 PM
Quote from: PTM Jim on July 01, 2016, 05:35:13 AM
"It would be way better if people could bring knives and, hell even guns, on planes because it would potentially halt any "hijacking." I am face palming so hard right now.

That's why they have secret service agents on flights. Even if they didn't, I'm still face palming at that statement.
As Keith said, it's Federal Air Marshals, and they aren't on every single flight, it's very randomized or they are placed on certain flights for a certain reason.
Face palm all you want, but people are going to do what they want (if there's a will, there's a way) and I'd much rather have armed citizens aboard to fuck them up when it happens.

david lloyd jones

recent Turkish events show that on board resistance is way beyond useless.
the airport itself is way softer a target than a plane.

david lloyd jones

clearly, yes, but as said, the terrorists seek soft targets (as again seen in Bangladesh) in order to push forward their programme (fucked as it is in order to , initially promote a fascist type resistance) and general unease(the likes of which we never see in Europe)