General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/07/the-war-on-stupid-people/485618/

QuoteWhen Michael Young, a British sociologist, coined the term meritocracy in 1958, it was in a dystopian satire. At the time, the world he imagined, in which intelligence fully determined who thrived and who languished, was understood to be predatory, pathological, far-fetched. Today, however, we've almost finished installing such a system, and we have embraced the idea of a meritocracy with few reservations, even treating it as virtuous. That can't be right. Smart people should feel entitled to make the most of their gift. But they should not be permitted to reshape society so as to instate giftedness as a universal yardstick of human worth.
Shikata ga nai.

burdizzo

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 28, 2016, 04:04:59 AM
The poor and uneducated people must not have a say in Britain's future. That's not democracy—democracy is the one where a country is run by midwives, teachers, NGO workers, semi-professional artists, and secondhand-book dealers. The elderly had voted Out, but then, the selfish bastards were going to die soon anyway. Once again, democracy had been betrayed because ultimately democracy is a system based on how many years you have left to live.

I presume you're joking? I have no problem limiting the franchise, but to blame it all on 'the elderly' is just facile. The young also had the opportunity to vote, and didn't in droves. Anyway, when they'd grow up a bit and have their own families, they'd inevitably think differently, too.
I'm with Stoa on this: the ultimate deciding factor was massive and uncontrolled immigration coming from the Middle East and Africa. It serves them right, really. Also, I don't think the UK will actually end up leaving the EU. In a year or two there will be another referendum - it happened before w/ Ireland (twice), and Denmark.

Theodore

So now democrats discovered that democracy sucks ! Well done ! Never too late !

You tell to someone "You got your country back" and he replies to you "But i will lost 100-200 euros per month" and "The stock markets have crashed".

When a prisoner is released / escapes, most of the times, at first at least, his life out is worse, more difficult than the life in. You can always return in, to be sure you will have a plate of food and a roof to sleep under. Your call. Tell EU you are not capable to live alone, ask for forgiveness, cry / beg to open you the door to enter again. Or tell them to fuck off, you will live your life.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

tiny_tove

Quote from: Theodore on June 28, 2016, 01:16:36 PM
So now democrats discovered that democracy sucks ! Well done ! Never too late !

This is the intrinsic contradiction of democracy itself. It is not justice governing, but an arbitrary group of people chosen by a mass of people that thinks alike in that specific moment, but may regret it in a few days.
And now that interests of pressure groups were touched, democracy is no longer valid.

It is always like this since that term was used.
You either have direct democracy like in Switzerland, where anyone can rise an issue and invest into changing thing, or it is fake.

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

tiny_tove

Theodore

Quote from: tiny_tove on June 28, 2016, 04:35:39 PM
This is the intrinsic contradiction of democracy itself. It is not justice governing, but an arbitrary group of people chosen by a mass of people that thinks alike in that specific moment, but may regret it in a few days.
And now that interests of pressure groups were touched, democracy is no longer valid.

It is always like this since that term was used.
You either have direct democracy like in Switzerland, where anyone can rise an issue and invest into changing thing, or it is fake.

I agree, although i wouldn't call it "fake". It's just another type of democracy, based on Roman Res Publica, you vote someone to represent you. Far worse than direct Athenian type democracy indeed, but not fake. Either way democracy may work / worked good in small population communities / cities for some short period of time, but doesn't work in bigger scale. Do you know many societies where 50% + 1 are clever / reasonable / capable enough ? Nowadays, a 30% [If you count the non-voters is even less] is enough for a party to govern a country. I don't accept my vote count the same with a retarted's or genious' one. I don't accept to have to choose from a table with rotten vegetables.

Funny is that "democrats" politicians know that democracy sucks. They just pretend the democrats and praise democracy to take the vote of the democrats, who think "people have the power" and that their vote really matters !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

tiny_tove

Italian democracy is the stupidest. Last two governaments were not even elected by the public itself.
There were no elections, just a white coup d'etat led by technocrats and bankers.
Not that the opposition is better, but they even stopped giving the illusion.
The massive wave of corruption we are - once again -witnessing on all fronts was not enough to kick Renzi's ass back home. Said this, once again, the alternative is definitely not as exciting.

oOoOoOo

You know, I know what I'm about to bring up is stupid and not related to Brexit or whatever and is probably a waste of time, but I can't stand that fucking "rape culture" thing the feminists are always going on about. I mean, yeah, I have a tendency to get caught in arguments because I guess I just get bored and like to have something to worry about to make me feel like my life (or anyone else's life for that matter) means a shit, but it's just... I don't care when people get raped as much as when someone is religious and trying to pass religious laws, or say some bullshit religious stuff. Rape is just something that happens like meteors and lightning strikes, there's something different about the mind of a rapist than a "normal" human mind, because as a reflection of the chaotic order of the universe, there happens to be some people who will come and hit you like a bolt of lightning because that's just the sort of world we live in. Doesn't mean that I enjoy that that happens, or that I think that it's okay, but I actually have more sympathy for someone who does something like that, because at least I know that there's probably something fundamentally different about their brain, and people don't even know about that or care and they just wanna go and say that rapists are the problem and we need to teach society not to rape.

You wanna teach people to give a shit about whether or not they rape someone? That doesn't work, society is filled with vicious fucks who don't care, and you know who is really like that? Religious people, with their self righteousness and the fact that their minds are probably even more fucked up. But no one gives a fuck about that, people think that religious people are just a totally cool normal part of our society, NO. I mean, this is just me shouting at the empty void wishing that there was some element of power that could shift in the side of good, like an actual fucking good guy, but religion is a horrible illogical stupid concept that's perpetuated because people's minds are not capable of intelligent thinking. Yet some how, when I look at these people who are rapists and I don't see the epitome of evil, I see them for what they really are which is just a bunch of people who have much different ways of thinking and probably different biology from me, I get called a fucking rape apologist. What the fuck am I apologizing for? People are fucking morons and they can't realize jack fucking shit about this planet, which is why I fucking fantasize about suicide all the time and am always muttering under my breath "I can't fucking wait to die". PS I don't actually wanna die, because I wanna live for 1000 years and watch religion finally die out.

Then you get people trying to say that rapists are evil. WHAT THE FUCK IS "EVIL"? Can you explain that concept using science? NOOOOO. If you can't explain it with science, then it's not a part of our fucking universe. Everything in our universe exists on some sort of scientific level, because we observe absolutely everything in the universe with science. The reason that evil doesn't exist is because there's no level of importance in our universe, if an astroid came and wiped out our entire fucking planet, 0 fucks would be given, because no one would be around to give those fucks, because we'd all be dead! HAH! I say fucking good riddance, to this stupid fucking planet of empty headed simpletons, of which I am one of the sole bastions of intelligence and wisdom. FUCK EM! So sick of being one of the only smart people on this entire planet, it's like a fucking god send when I see anyone who can see the world intelligently, there's people who far surpass my intelligence and I fucking ENVY THEM. Soooooooo yeah fuck the human race, and yay rape, go rape that mother fucking cunt, bitch was probably a stupid feminist cunt anyways.

And yeah I'm sure a lot of people would think that last paragraph I wrote is "wrong". It's funny how they look at something like that and only take away that one little part of it and all of a sudden have full blown adhd for all the other good points I said. People are stupid that way, but whatever. Just what is "wrong" anyways? It's only wrong to you because the side of not hurting other human beings has been the historic winner, because the majority of people have empathy for other people, but the victor is the one who decides history, and if it were the other way around then people would be saying rape is good because it gets people off. I'm not condoning rape or whatever, I'm just saying that that's the nature of the reality we live in, so whenever I see that whole "it's morally wrong thing" I just cringe because it's such a one sided perspective. Yeah it's "wrong", but that doesn't mean that the universe itself sides with you, that doesn't mean that the nature of the universe itself isn't indifferent, and guess what we're made of the same molecules and properties of matter that fucking trees are made of, fucking trees and a 1 year old boy are just as "bad" as rapists and pedophiles. So do you see how that logic just sort of annoys me?

There is no god.

oOoOoOo

I can't wait til we have computers that have common sense and can hold a real conversation. I would spend so much fucking time just talking to the computer.

Btw, it looks pretty bad that Britain left the European Union, just from what I've heard. The only arguments I've seen so far (not from here, I haven't read the discussion here yet) is the whole libertarian "taxation is theft" thing which always seems to rear it's ugly head at absolutely every juncture, with no nuance or subtlety.

calaverasgrande

Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 29, 2016, 01:55:46 AM
You know, I know what I'm about to bring up is stupid and not related to Brexit or whatever and is probably a waste of time, but I can't stand that fucking "rape culture" thing the feminists are always going on about. I mean...
There is no god.

Yeah these days it's not enough to think everyone deserves the same basic human rights.
You have to believe that white people are guilty of the sins of the forebears, and all men are guilty of a universal conspiracy to perpetuate rape.
Sorry I never bought in to the white guilt thing, that is a disease of the middle class, and I grew up poor as fuck. 

oOoOoOo

Quote from: calaverasgrande on June 29, 2016, 04:51:28 AM
Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 29, 2016, 01:55:46 AM
You know, I know what I'm about to bring up is stupid and not related to Brexit or whatever and is probably a waste of time, but I can't stand that fucking "rape culture" thing the feminists are always going on about. I mean...
There is no god.

Yeah these days it's not enough to think everyone deserves the same basic human rights.
You have to believe that white people are guilty of the sins of the forebears, and all men are guilty of a universal conspiracy to perpetuate rape.
Sorry I never bought in to the white guilt thing, that is a disease of the middle class, and I grew up poor as fuck. 

I think there's racism, and then there's fake pseudo intellectual "systematic cultural rape supporting and white privilege racist supporting white heterosexual cis male culture toxic masculinity" or whatever buzz words you can slap onto it. It's complex though, it's not reducible to those simple ideas at all, it actually negates a lot of nuance to just about everything, which is why I don't like those sorts of liberal arguments. I'm very much a liberal though, for example I believe in social benefits for people because we shouldn't have society be a race to see who can trample over the weaker ones, I believe that people should be judged on the quality of their character and not who or what the were born as or identify as, I believe in freedom of speech and having open discussions and not censoring what people say, because the best way to get to better understandings of things is to have big discussions and tackle difficult questions, and if you censor one you open to the door to censoring any of them.

So you see, this is what I have a problem with, is that there's this good and bad dichotomy in the way that we see things now a days, things are complex and not easily reducible at all. I mean, I think most people should just sit around and wonder to themselves how much they don't actually know, because I do and it's fucking astounding. I don't mean to say that to negate my points or put myself down, but I mean actually think about how much we don't know in general, we get most of our information second hand and a lot of the arguments that people make and even I make are just reiterated rhetoric.

But you see, I get the frustration over liberals to an extent, but I think that I also hear a lot of stuff that conservatives say and I just don't like it or agree with it. I can try to argue why I think that if you give me specific examples, but I think that human kind is fundamentally different on a basic level inside of our brains, which makes some people liberal and some people conservative. It's something which I would like to get to the core of understanding, but it's also something that I don't feel mainstream news media does a really good job with. I mean, if the average person just gets information from the news media, do you know how ignorant they're going to be? For every single real relevant news issue we have in our country like global warming, there's a million other distractions like the fucking transgender bathroom issue, which is absurd. Just let them go to the bathroom!

It's these issues though, regardless of what your stance on whether or not transgender people should be allowed to use the bathroom, which are distractions. Our society isn't concerned with news and competing philosophical ideas, they're concerned with controversy because the human brain is very bored and when people get all involved in some ineffectual political discussion, it works out well for them because they can just say something fired up, not give a shit about the bigger picture and go back to working their pointless job, and just wait until the next exciting waste of time distraction appears to make them feel like they're actually a living breathing human being, and not a hamster on a wheel.

tiny_tove

oOoOoOo

Tom Araya should stick with music.

calaverasgrande

Quote from: tiny_tove on June 29, 2016, 01:59:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY5uapAE-lk

Tom Araya on gun control
Speaking as someone who has played in done sound for, recorded and generally hung out with a ton of metalheads. The metal scene has some of the least thought out, stupid and generally ignorant politics you can find. I blame meth and the fact that most metalheads have about an 8th grade education due to smoking dope starting about 9th grade.

I tend to agree that especially in America we do not have political debates. We have waves of sensationalism. After the recent Turkish airport bombings we watched a bunch of CNN and MSNBC because we are gluttons for punishment, and I used to work in broadcast news, so I like to yell technical shit at the TV.
I was kind of surprised that nobody mentioned the blatant symbolism of bombing the Kemal Ataturk International Airport. Not only is it a hub airport which connects the West to the East. It is named after the fricking George Washington of Turkey, who basically founded a modern, secular muslim country.
Then I wasn't really surprised. That is the type of analysis you barely see in NYT, Washinton Post and the Guardian. It's all hysteria and celebs.

Concerning racism homophobia etc. I am pretty sure there is racism. I grew up in the deep south. I remember seeing a lot of very racist things. In California what passes for racism is fucking weak in comparison.
I like to say that there is prejudice and racism. You are free to be an ignorant shithead and be as prejudiced as you please inside your own head.
But when you start putting up whites only signs and stuff, that is actual racism.

Truth is most people who protest about racism and other identity politics are just frustrated in general. They may have encountered some injustice, but so have I in all my white straight boy-ness. We all do. They have tripped over some easy piece of logic that says it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for cisgenderism, white people or capitalism. But that kind of one size fits all logic is identical to white bigots from the deep south who blame everything on watermelon eating black people. Of course one class of people is 'speaking from a place of power'. Which is a cop out and total bullshit. This is not the occupied territories of Palestine. I can't as a white person go shoot up a black neighborhood and have the IDF come save my happy ass. 
There are some economic disparities and some real jerks who are cops, but the thing is, if you try and make laws that fix every dumb thing, you make it much worse.
That is a large part of why I kind of hate liberals though in many regards I agree with the bullet points of their agenda. They actual think you can fix racial problems with tax credits and other such bureaucratic nonsense.

tiny_tove

Quote from: calaverasgrande on June 30, 2016, 08:00:59 AM
I was kind of surprised that nobody mentioned the blatant symbolism of bombing the Kemal Ataturk International Airport. Not only is it a hub airport which connects the West to the East. It is named after the fricking George Washington of Turkey, who basically founded a modern, secular muslim country.
Then I wasn't really surprised. That is the type of analysis you barely see in NYT, Washinton Post and the Guardian. It's all hysteria and celebs.

what about the weird coincidence that the attack was done the day after Erdogan tried to lower the shields with Russia and become friendlier? if Turkey and Russia starts collaborating many balances will change, this would definitely be a danger for Isis, but also not be enjoyed by western plutocrats.

no more no less than when Italy attempted to start deals regarding energy with Putin and a wave of scandals started from nowhere.