General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluid Fetish

QuoteAnd while I'm all for romanticizing Roman and otherwise pre-Christian culture, Christianity did reduce the tendency of Westerners to rape, beat and generally butcher virtual armies of slaves and subordinates.

Um, what? Seriously? Come on now...

oOoOoOo

I've had this conversation with so many people already and pretty much everyone doesn't get what I'm saying. Basically, yes I get that there needs to be some sort of moral code to keep other people from hurting each other. That doesn't mean it's fundamentally right that some people should have control over another. Sure, by that logic it's wrong to be a criminal, but it goes both ways. In my perfect world, we'd just be thoughts floating around, in a vast sea, with all the rights to be free and not control other people, or whatever. Do you get what I'm saying right now?

Plus, there's always a story, someone has a story regardless of who they are. It could just be the state of mind they were in that day, or it could be that they became a rapist because they were raped as a child. We don't know, regardless of the fact that there's no standard of measuring the amount of suffering that someone can go through. So basically, a rapist could technically have suffered more than a rape victim, except it's irrelevant because there's no standard for measuring suffering, and since it's such an arbitrary tool of measurement you can't use that to indict or venerate rapists.

I just call for a broader point of view, I'm not saying anything about "in my society". I'm not a politician dude, I'm just here to evaluate the situation and offer some perspective, because in my opinion this society desperately needs some base line objective perspectives like this. I'm not saying that you all necessarily have to hear this, I but I just want to be clear about this. I know that this is a hot subject and everyone on earth who actually gives a shit about whether or not it's wrong to rape someone has something to say about it. I'm just trying to get my opinion across, but it's really difficult.

It's difficult, even though - well, I say that but I'm usually pretty cocky about my ability to write. That is one of my flaws, I suppose, is that I often don't weigh whether or not I'm saying things in a tactful way. I think that I am being pretty level headed in the discussion on this forum and I feel comfortable posting here, you all seem pretty reasonable. However, there's a lot of times when I post something and I don't add the tact, because I want to have a big victory, I want to say things in the most blunt way possible and then nail down the point like a fucking kung fu artist or something. It comes from so many years of being in debates, and spreading my opinion like it was some sort of fucking std. I rile people up. Not on purpose, but to be honest I've found over the years, one of the things that tires me out most is trying to figure out how I can say things so it doesn't make people upset. So, I often come off like I am trying to make people upset when I am just not concerned about whether I come off as if I am trying to upset people or not. And when you're online there's no way to tell anyways, but it's got me into some shit. I keep getting banned from forums and I get ostracized from people in real life from the shit I've posted, but let me just be clear about one thing; I feel like I have some points and I am not trying to fuck with anyone; if I did then maybe I am and in some fucked up psychological way I don't even know it, but fucking hell man. You know what I mean?

I'm sorry if you actually had to read all that that I just wrote, but god fucking damn. I've been going through so much hell the past couple days just trying to argue these points.

And yeah that last bit was very off the cuff, it applies more to me than it does the topic at hand.

Fluid Fetish

Rape is apart of human animal nature, it's never going away, there's nothing anyone can do about it, to me it's similar to arguing over trying to stop murder or killing. It's never going to happen, it will never change, modern people seem to have a hard time dealing with that? Humans can't even accept themselves for their own animal urges let alone the world they live in. All the other factors, all the social and socio-economic, gender/racial issues are never going to change either and it's only going to get worse, way worse is my prediction. Until people in the West drastically change how they think, how they live, how they relate with each other, it's static and unchanging. And people are never going to do that since as far as they're concerned they're living in a egalitarian information based golden age with all their distractions, gadgets, and online battles to fight.

The ideals that came out of the Enlightenment and from the French Revolution are failing and are a joke, modern World Trade relies on a sci-fi dystopia level of class warfare and criminal economic exploitation (leading to a whole host of other problems) to sustain itself while maintaining a sociopathic facade of humanitarianism and free market capitalism(kind of like the health care/insurance system in the US), politics are nothing more then a puppet show for privatized interests and ultimately this system of neoliberalism and secular humanism is going to be the death of a lot of us it seems like, either directly or indirectly here in the coming days.

Andrew McIntosh

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Alternatively, don't get caught.
Shikata ga nai.

tiny_tove

and if you get caught, don't complain, stick with those of your kind, don't grass, respect those like you, and hope time runs quick.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Yrjö-Koskinen

Here goes a TL;DR
Apart from PERHAPS the first paragraph, it is not meant to be seen as an attack on anything you may or may not believe in, since I have no clear idea of your opinions.

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 16, 2016, 01:39:08 AM
QuoteAnd while I'm all for romanticizing Roman and otherwise pre-Christian culture, Christianity did reduce the tendency of Westerners to rape, beat and generally butcher virtual armies of slaves and subordinates.
Um, what? Seriously? Come on now...
I was referring to the Roman games, mine slavery, gladiator games and so on. This was all very cool, but it also meant a bizarre cult of violence and humiliation that I frankly can't really defend. Even though it doesn't really correspond to any personal emotional needs, I think that to deny the massive beneficial effects of Christianity on Western culture is... Well, childish. And I did it myself for a decade, which is why I'm an asshole about it rather than make a cogent argument. I'm not sure where you're coming from with your "seriously", though. If it's about how Christian Whitey enslaved the world and are the worst people ever, I'm not even having the conversation. I am not interested in discussing how the White Monsters came to ruin loving, peaceful and harmonic societies using racism and penicillin. It is a view that requires a view of history so selective that it's not really a view of history at all. Virtually, nay literally, everything the "postcolonial" philosophers of the Left believe in is solely a product of Western culture, and completely unimaginable in any other cultural context. The whole idea of collective self-criticism is almost absent from any other historic civilization or culture - a generalization which is pretty much accurate even if you scratch "historic".

If it's about how Rome was actually great, it's a bit more interesting (and also something I partly agree with, despite what I said above).

As for your second post I just have a few remarks on the issue of the impending doom of the global system:

Things are almost certainly not going to fall apart in some refreshing reboot of the world. Consumer capitalism and liberal "democracy" are extremely sturdy systems, which can survive a lot. People sometimes forget that there are places in South America and Africa, where things are now shittier than they are likely to become in Western Europe and the US even after quite serious disasters. Usually, people don't even care to replace their local incompetent leaders, let alone the political system in place (until a major geopolitical player or two begins fomenting the "revolution", of course, but we've seen where that lands us with the "Arab Spring"). If this is to go away, it will have to be removed by people who want it gone.

However, most alternatives today seem unrealistic or even undesirable. Under capitalism, I can at least opt out of most stupid shit (albeit with massive work), and get a decent payoff from rather limited labour. If Bernie 2.0. and the Equal Solidarity Squat takes over, that would probably not be the case. I think lines of thinking similar to this make most people feel that liberal capitalism is the second best thing, right after their ideal, which means that most people stick with it. Some, like most of the Left, even embrace it with gusto, spending their time "fighting outdated ideas" by supporting censorship of "enemies" they have in common with the system, while also defending and supporting the Federal government of the US, the European Union, the UN and basically any bastions of the present power hierarchy they can find (though "really" they'd like an egalitarian fucktopia where everyone just smokes weed and is, like, an individual, dude). Either way, most people will opt to keep things as they are simply because they dislike all radical options except their own. Which ain't about to be realized.

Granted, places like Hungary are making some pretty massive shifts "to the Right", while places like Spain and Greece are moving "to the Left" through Podemos and Syriza, but they are all WELL within the confines of what can be accepted (albeit grudgingly) by the present global system. None have the first clue about how to tackle, for example, the all encompassing consumerist slavery which is one of the most bizarre and unpleasant features of this system. In a way, it is impressive: it used to be that you actually needed poverty, to get people to produce and hence keep the economy moving. Now poverty is a useless remnant as a motivator, used only in backward nations, and a bug more than a feature. People who live materially fulfilled lives, are still completely awash in anxiety and addiction to keep adding shit to their pile of shit. Which keeps them obedient, since really there is no serious alternative which could be expected to keep yielding all this stuff. It's pretty absurd, but these are chains that are extremely difficult to break.

The poor world has even less of an interest in abandoning global liberalism, which becomes glaringly obvious once one stops reading Naomi Klein and actually looks at some numbers. In large swathes of the globe, the "free market" and sort-of democratic structures still produce vastly improved living conditions (the most obvious being the shift away from the constant threat of starvation) for massive amounts of people. Over a billion people have left poverty and benefited from the post-Cold War liberal order in the past ten or twenty years, and many if not most of them now completely share the average Westerner's interests in mobile phones and phony causes. This is very much likely to continue, unless it is halted by population explosion (as may happen in Africa), or some kind of global war (which is extremely unlikely, even though it is very popular to pretend otherwise to keep us on our toes). The fact that the West is losing some of its influence may have radical consequences in time, for instance countries which can rely on China for their trade are even less likely to give a flying fuck about Western ideas about "LGBT rights" or "human rights" at all than they were as US client states. However, if "we" can sell them enough Coke and show them enough gripping Hollywood dramas, then it's perfectly possible that enough of them will imitate the consumerist lifestyle, reach middle class status, and keep the dregs in order. I think you exaggerate the level of "class warfare" involved in all of this. It might be that the bizarre combination of Leftist utopians and neoliberal psychopaths that make up the Western establishment may create some absolute disaster in Western Europe and the US, which may then transform the global system in some fashion. The former's love of immigration for "humanitarian reasons" in tandem with the latter's love for the same due to its potential to undermine unions, dump salaries and procure brown people to do their dishes for them has created a mighty fine mess in the past twenty years or so, and perhaps these geniuses have other awesome ideas on how to make society more free, equal and brotherly. All in all, however, I think people will take virtually anything as long as they are kept reasonably safe, and unreasonably addicted to their stuff.

If it is not clear, these are not words of triumphant gloating, but rather depressed resignation. I agree fully that
QuoteThe ideals that came out of the Enlightenment and from the French Revolution are [..] are a joke.

But they aren't failing.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

Fluid Fetish

Well, to clarify at least somewhat, I'm definitely not asserting anything related to White guilt or that Christianity is entirely detrimental or beneficial, that's all subjective (if that's the right term?) and relative and not what I meant.

What I will say though is Christianity definitely did NOT reduce Western tendencies to rape, enslave, and butcher people only HOW these things were executed. Slavery and gladiatorial games were just apart of the whole bread and circuses thing, but even Jesus predicted that the outcome of his teachings would be bloodshed (Matthew 10:34). I find it odd that after looking at a history full of crusades, holy wars, enslavement, corruption, torture, sexual depravity and more that anyone could say that Christianity was a step forward in humanitariansim compared to something like Rome? Westerners are just as depraved after Christianity if not more so due to a vast array of reasons that I could type forever about here that relate to modernity. I'm not doubting that there were beneifical aspects to Christianity but to say that it reduced tendencies that existed before it's popularity I DEFINITELY disagree with.

Never said there was going to be a refreshing reboot to the world. I don't believe that just because people are complacent that things are going to stay stable because they want it to, especially since humanity cannot live in balance with itself nor it's ecosystem. Perhaps I misunderstood you?

That complacency and acceptance, this social unrest and instability that is largely within the safe perimeters of society is going to keep getting more and more intense as the world get's worse and worse I guess is what I'm theorizing.

Strongly disagree that free market capitalism is causing "vastly" improving living conditions across the world. Free market capitalism is an illusion anyway, if free market capitalism exists then why do less then six companies control ALL mass media in the world? I don't mean to sound like I'm preaching, as that's not my intention at all, but that is absurd. There are parts of Philadelphia and Baltimore currently that have a higher infant mortality rate then Syria and North Korea. Water purity and contamination issues are prominent. WAY more then half the United States population currently lives beneath the poverty line, has no savings, and is at constant serious risk of homelessness, the life expectancy rate in the U.S. recently dropped,  jobs are impossible to find etc. The IMF purposely taxes African and other third world countries three to four times the amount other countries are charged in order to keep them at third world status. This distribution of wealth (which is more uneven then it was in Medieval Europe under manorialism), this enormous funneling of wealth to the corporate ruling class with NO economic growth, the dismantling of unions, healthcare literally costs a fortune and the west has  the most corrupt health insurance system in the world (I just got ripped off for over 650$ that I'll NEVER get back this year from my healthcare provider in fact), the declining availability of employment/benefits/job security is DEFINITELY not exageratting the state of class warfare, at least speaking for the United States and having lived here my whole life. These are ALL things that ANYONE who lives in the United States knows, this to me says that the quality of life is doing the exact OPPOSITE of 'vastly improving', and living here I can tell you firsthand.

I'm not complaining or whining, nor do I have an agenda or stance on these matters other then to be honest I hope they get worse, but these are just simple facts of life in the West, or at least the United States speaking for myself on some of the prior examples.

Also I think there is confusion, I don't mean social/political neoliberalism but instead economic neo-liberalism or I think it's also known as free market fundamentalism or something. This: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism

I don't see how anyone could assert or believe that the ideals that came from the thinkers of the Enlightenment aren't failing given these circumstances.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 17, 2016, 04:22:14 AM
That complacency and acceptance, this social unrest and instability that is largely within the safe perimeters of society is going to keep getting more and more intense as the world get's worse and worse I guess is what I'm theorizing.

Strongly disagree that free market capitalism is causing "vastly" improving living conditions across the world. Free market capitalism is an illusion anyway, if free market capitalism exists then why do less then six companies control ALL mass media in the world? I don't mean to sound like I'm preaching, as that's not my intention at all, but that is absurd. There are parts of Philadelphia and Baltimore currently that have a higher infant mortality rate then Syria and North Korea. Water purity and contamination issues are prominent. WAY more then half the United States population currently lives beneath the poverty line, has no savings, and is at constant serious risk of homelessness, the life expectancy rate in the U.S. recently dropped,  jobs are impossible to find etc.

This could spiral beyond all control. To illustrate my point about massive benefits for poor countries:
https://ourworldindata.org/life-expectancy/
https://ourworldindata.org/literacy/
https://ourworldindata.org/infant-mortality/

That doesn't mean certain things aren't getting shittier for certain people. If I were you I would worry far more for the future of the working and middle classes in Europe and the US, since there are indeed signs that they may see their lives severely shittified in the coming years (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/20/health/life-expectancy-decline-mortality.html , for starters, other examples may be a little too obvious). I should also clarify that when I speak of "free market capitalism" I am not referring to some idealized model, I just mean the economic system as it stands, including the grotesque media monopolies, American and/or Chinese meddling, IMF manipulations and the whole shebang. For "the poorest people in the world" it is a fucking awesome system, far superior to any they've tried before, at least as far as material quality of life goes. Granted, technological developments may (or perhaps almost certainly are) more important than the precise economic and political system - Communist China with antibiotics, modern hygiene and modern statistical methods would of course beat any liberal democracy that lacked these things. Still, as the system stands it isn't the maelstrom of racist exploitation the Left makes it out to be. It may be partly absolute crap - I think it is - but not mainly for the reasons you state. 

I don't see how anyone could assert or believe that the ideals that came from the thinkers of the Enlightenment aren't failing given these circumstances.
They are certainly failing certain people, and they are largely stupid. But they aren't "failing" in the sense that they seem to be going anywhere any time soon.

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: Stoa on June 17, 2016, 09:50:18 PM
Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 17, 2016, 04:22:14 AM

Strongly disagree that free market capitalism is causing "vastly" improving living conditions across the world. Free market capitalism is an illusion anyway, if free market capitalism exists then why do less then six companies control ALL mass media in the world? I don't mean to sound like I'm preaching, as that's not my intention at all, but that is absurd. There are parts of Philadelphia and Baltimore currently that have a higher infant mortality rate then Syria and North Korea. Water purity and contamination issues are prominent. WAY more then half the United States population currently lives beneath the poverty line, has no savings, and is at constant serious risk of homelessness, the life expectancy rate in the U.S. recently dropped,  jobs are impossible to find etc.

Ah ok, I
This could spiral beyond all control. To illustrate my point about massive benefits for poor countries:
https://ourworldindata.org/life-expectancy/
https://ourworldindata.org/literacy/
https://ourworldindata.org/infant-mortality/

That doesn't mean certain things aren't getting shittier for certain people. If I were you I would worry far more for the future of the working and middle classes in Europe and the US, since there are indeed signs that they may see their lives severely shittified in the coming years (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/20/health/life-expectancy-decline-mortality.html , for starters, other examples may be a little too obvious). I should also clarify that when I speak of "free market capitalism" I am not referring to some idealized model, I just mean the economic system as it stands, including the grotesque media monopolies, American and/or Chinese meddling, IMF manipulations and the whole shebang. For "the poorest people in the world" it is a fucking awesome system, far superior to any they've tried before, at least as far as material quality of life goes. Granted, technological developments may (or perhaps almost certainly are) more important than the precise economic and political system - Communist China with antibiotics, modern hygiene and modern statistical methods would of course beat any liberal democracy that lacked these things. Still, as the system stands it isn't the maelstrom of racist exploitation the Left makes it out to be. It may be partly absolute crap - I think it is - but not mainly for the reasons you state.  

They are certainly failing certain people, and they are largely stupid. But they aren't "failing" in the sense that they seem to be going anywhere any time soon.

Wait, wasn't everything I said in relation to the working and the middle classes in the USA and Europe? Fret not either way as I have plenty to worry about anyway haha. The overall global life expectancy and quality of life statistically as you pointed out has risen, but I don't think that's exactly the result of globalization necessarily although it certainly does contribute I'll agree. A large part of the reason life expectancy has increased in the modern era for poor people at least are factors such as vastly improved nutrition in food compared to say the quality of food during the Roman empire, although once again I'm not denying that globalization and capitalism has been a factor in this too such as the dramatic increase in medical technologies/practices etc to use one obvious example.

This causing a subsequent decrease in the quality of life in the first world with no economic gain for the middle and lower classes while still causing rampant global poverty and other issues to you are not reasons to call this system ' partly absolute crap' (kind of confused what that even means to be honest)? I suppose it's a matter of opinion but I'd like to wonder reasons you DO have then?

And by saying these ideals aren't going anywhere any time soon? That's not what I was saying at all, just that they are failing and are illusory, just like neo-liberalism is actually a facade for corporate imperialism and class warfare, I didn't say this would be going away completely any time soon....although I believe and it seems like a lot of scientists and intellectuals seem to believe that some MAJOR changes are coming around the corner. So I think you're somewhat wrong in saying this isn't going anywhere any time soon....going somewhere maybe not, but changing and shifting for the worse seems very likely.

oOoOoOo

calaverasgrande

Quote from: tiny_tove on June 15, 2016, 09:48:10 PM
Quote from: oOoOoOo on June 15, 2016, 05:19:52 PM
. The criminal justice system in america is based on vengeance, not rehabilitation.
.jails are built also for punishment and it is common sense that rehab is possible only with specific form if inmates. there are criminal types that will never change since their culture/education/background is compeletely fucked up and only 1 out of 1000 would fit in society again.
would you rehabilitate somebody who slaughtered your family for getting money for crack?  would you rehabilitate corrupt bankers involved in major economical crimes (Soros anyone?), would you rehabilitate somebody who sold heroin to your cousin who overdosed? add an example etc.
surely jail situation can be improved and there are many "crimes" that cannot be considered as such (list is long) that should be managed without locking people up, but many inmates are paying for shit they are responsible for, and I am quite sure they are conscious about that.

jail is shit, but there are many ways to avoid it, like for example, avoiding useless troubles, control your greed, etc.

The problem with prison is twofold. 
It is intended to be a deterrent. Harsh sentences for violent and drug related offenses for example are supposed to scare people away from committing those crimes. Except they do not.
Then of course there is also that prisons do nothing to rehab inmates. They do the opposite, they introduce convicts to a subculture of crime. I personally know people who went away for a short amount of time and came back pill addicted gang bangers. Often indoctrinated into some ignorant racialist tribalism 'to survive'.
As far as  'would I want a criminal to be rehabbed if they did such and such to my family'. That is a pathetic attempt to push the debate into an emotional space. Where things can not be considered objectively and violent crimes should be reacted to with blood vengeance.
Look if someone molested my 5 year old nephew. I would probably stalk and murder them. Likewise if they raped either of my sisters.  I am a man from the south that owns guns. There are certain cultural things that are hard to erase in that regard.
But I also have had very close friends killed by junkies and serial killers.
You might think that I would wish violence upon them, but I recognize that they are symptoms of a sick society we live in.
Beating the shit out of those people will not magically resurrect my dead friend. Or in the case of the serial killer, a friend her daughter and the daughters friend as well as the family dogs. (for some reason that last detail pisses me off the most).
It may sound macho, cool and Rand-ian to talk about vigilantism. "Crime won't exist if we have strong men with guns patrolling the street". But it just means a devolution into mob rule and lynching. 

One again it is easy to see problems, hard to offer answers.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 18, 2016, 12:55:34 AM
This causing a subsequent decrease in the quality of life in the first world with no economic gain for the middle and lower classes while still causing rampant global poverty and other issues to you are not reasons to call this system ' partly absolute crap' (kind of confused what that even means to be honest)? I suppose it's a matter of opinion but I'd like to wonder reasons you DO have then?

And by saying these ideals aren't going anywhere any time soon? That's not what I was saying at all, just that they are failing and are illusory, just like neo-liberalism is actually a facade for corporate imperialism and class warfare, I didn't say this would be going away completely any time soon....although I believe and it seems like a lot of scientists and intellectuals seem to believe that some MAJOR changes are coming around the corner. So I think you're somewhat wrong in saying this isn't going anywhere any time soon....going somewhere maybe not, but changing and shifting for the worse seems very likely.

I object to the notion that it is causing "rampant global poverty", as my previous post indicated. It's not like Africa or India have ever been (materially) better off than they are right now. For someone who is adamant that "rape is a part of human nature", you seem strangely unfamiliar with the equally obvious notion that poverty and inequality are also part of human nature, and perhaps also more functional than rape.

In the end this would actually be two discussions: the viability of the system and the desirability of the system. I believe these should be separated entirely, since they are very different things. Once again, people seem to forget that human beings have tolerated, or been forced to tolerate, conditions far worse than the very worst which now exist (statistically/collectively that is - obviously on an individual level these things mean fuck-all, since you can feel like two tons of death-poop regardless of your life expectancy or economic status). Since human beings are built to tolerate far more desperate conditions, there is nothing to indicate that things will become so awful that "the People" will react and do anything at all, at least not in a mechanistic fashion. Of course there may come an unstumpable Trump that just fucks shit up and makes everything comparatively awesome, but that takes will, and usually the status quo will tend to win.

Some things, such as "income disparity", are utterly and completely fucking irrelevant until they are made relevant by someone utilizing them to further a specific political cause. Other things, such as people of different colour/religion/language beating each other up in the street or just plain being uncomfortable around each other, are more "facts of life" which are prior to political interpretation. But perhaps they are not as readily translatable into sound policy as some of the far right crowd may believe. I feel a bit like this entire discussion could expand beyond all reason, so unless you'd like to focus it on a particular topic, I think I may withdraw.

I could add that in the end, a "regression" to sovereign nation states fundamentally representative of their inhabitants, or at least a number of mutually balanced, sovereign superstates (US - Europe - China - Russia - India, perhaps?) is probably the most desirable option if we want to avoid the "sci-fi dystopia" you alluded to earlier. A global state with common "values" and common jurisdiction should be viewed with absolute horror by all even remotely decent human beings. Either way, no arrangement will eradicate war, rape, poverty and misery (then again, nothing would), but at least the famed "multipolarity" or "world of many flags" could potentially end the march towards global totalitarianism, which felt like a distinct possibility just ten years ago or so. And perhaps sovereign entities which have some connection to their inhabitants could actually forge diplomatic ties between each other which at least kept the butchery to a minimum? This may be utopian, but it is a hell of a lot less utopian than the notion that various "rights" and ideals should be enforced on the whole world by some global entity. About which you have said nothing, but my tendency to drink in front of the computer has turned this into yet another OT rant.

Fluid Fetish

Sheesh, I love ya Stoa but I don't have enough free time to keep going with these OT rants here haha. Historically there have been very prosperous and powerful kingdoms in Africa that were some of the most powerful ancient civilizations in history so to say that Africa has never been any better then it is now isn't true. To claim that I seem oddly unfamiliar with the fact that poverty and inequality are apart of human nature doesn't make any sense to me either as I never denied this or made any claims otherwise?

I never said that the people would react or do anything at all in a specific way, merely that the unrest, disorder, and upheavel and tensions would continue to intensify and worsen as time continued (theorizing). People will hate eachother, exploit each other, and so on regardless of political circumstances, I just think that in my opinion these declining conditions and intensifying problems in the West are supplementing and encouraging them in an unprecedented way, since Western civilization is global. I don't think we're headed towards a sci-fi dystopia level conditions, in some ways we are ALREADY THERE, like with the healthcare system in the U.S. was my main example from my personal experience..

Anyways, I'll stop causing the derailing of this thread, good discussing this with you and I appreciate actually being able to have a mature and intelligent discussion with someone on a forum for a change even if we don't agree or are looking at things differently. I'm usually typing quickly between doing other tasks so I don't have the proper time to probably get super indepth or even very clear about a lot of this stuff, and as you said we could go on forever here.

Not trying to wrap things up all neatly here but I have no agenda or am trying to push my views or anything on anyone, just discussing some theories/experiences/ideas, I have no loyalty to left/right/whatever nor does my heart bleed over the things we mentioned earlier as primarily the whole thing just fascinates me, which supercedes anything as far as my personal perceptions go or which ever.

tiny_tove

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0