General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny_tove

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on April 26, 2016, 04:31:24 PM
Jim Goad often makes me laugh but this one about the Norwegian lefty who feels guilty over the Somalian man who raped him being deported back to Somalia caused such severe guffaws I nearly suffered an aneurysm.

http://takimag.com/article/grab_your_ankles_and_let_them_in_jim_goad#axzz46rEoHmaQ

total classic
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

F_c_O

https://imgur.com/a/pk5z5

Camp of finnish anti-nuclear power/pro-nature protesters after they left. Nature thanks.

oOoOoOo

She yells "this is free speech" and then immediately after yells "keep your free speech out of this campus".
What a grotesque looking person. Even the way she flails her arms is annoying.

oOoOoOo

Quote from: Si Clark on May 02, 2016, 08:22:54 PM
Quote from: oOoOoOo on May 02, 2016, 05:29:46 AM
She yells "this is free speech" and then immediately after yells "keep your free speech out of this campus".
What a grotesque looking person. Even the way she flails her arms is annoying.
I'm not sticking up or supporting that fuck wit in any way but she is screaming 'keep your hate speech out of this campus'.
Before that she said "this is free speech" when she was screaming "you're not welcome here" and then right afterwards yelling "get your free speech out of this campus".

oOoOoOo

The issue of political correctness boggles my mind so much, as a progressive. I, and I'm sure many others on this website, am against racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, hell I don't even believe there's such thing as a good or bad person. That's just my philosophical point of view, that doesn't mean I don't think some people are pieces of shit who piss me off. Even though I've read so many articles and watched so many segments about what's going on in college campuses and with sjws, I still don't feel like I can adequately describe what these things are to someone who's never heard of these things.

I think it's a generational issue. I think that people who are around the same age group, growing up along side the people who this effects, are the ones who are involved in this issue. I saw my mom yesterday, she didn't have a fucking clue what any of the things I was talking about where, even though I've been following this issue and had this issue shoved into my face for years now in the news. To be quite honest, I'm not sure I really understand what's going on myself.

I'm generally a pretty open minded person. I feel that people should just be allowed to be themselves, we shouldn't be policing the way other people are. That's the sort of thing that the right wing does, is try to police the things that people do. It's like, two authoritarian parties clashing in the united states right now. On one hand you have assholes who want to keep things conservative and ban transgender people from bathrooms and instate laws allowing businesses to discriminate. On the other hand you have a younger generation who is extremely sensitive to these issues, who want to ban anything considered hate speech.

And you know? The more I think about it, the more confused I get, sometimes the more I'd rather just be on the side of social justice warriors. I don't know, I think that I'm okay with people wanting to have like 30 genders, or say that any hate speech against minorities is wrong, or say that everyone is inherently sexist and racist and homophobic. In a way there really are inherent societal structures of homophobia and sexism. I mean, just look at how gay people have to "come out of the closet" and we don't just expect everyone to like either sex. Or look at how men and women are perceived to be two separate categories, if someone born with male genitalia or vice versa wants to identify as a female and have a female name, why not just respect their decision? I see that as sexist and inconsiderate.

So, is it really a bad thing if the people who I guess are sensitive about the issue are gaining more power? I think it seems like alarmist culture to me. I don't really see exactly what is going to happen because of this new generation of social justice warrior youths. The only thing that I see as a bit of a problem are people abandoning the idea that being fit is healthier and more attractive. The body positive movement is disgraceful, unhealthy, and gives women a false notion that everyone who doesn't think they're attractive is just a bigoted asshole. I see that as damaging, but I don't know so much about the other stuff.

Maybe it's just the politics of it all that are messy. I've definitely seen some stuff that the social justice warriors will say that seems like bullshit. They'll say that there's a gender pay gap in between men and women, which I've heard is bullshit, but then a lot of people seem to think it's real. I have no fucking clue, who the hell can you trust for your news in this day and age. This is the age of misinformation. And the rhetoric against males being rapist and "teach men not to rape" seems so counter productive. You're not going to teach someone that sort of thing, people know it's wrong to rape but they do it anyways because they don't have empathy.

In the end, doesn't the whole issue just make you feel stupider? I actually feel less intelligent when I think of political correctness and the politics of race and gender and whatever else. It's just a new generation of people trying to define themselves, it's so massive and so beyond my grasp of comprehension, why even bother? This issue probably isn't even going to effect anyone, it's a waste of time.  

oOoOoOo

I heard something really great on secular talk radio today. There's a difference between being correct and politically correct. Being correct just means you have your facts checked, being politically correct means you can't say something because it's inappropriate and may offend people, basically just censorship. It can happen with democrats or republicans. I've always argued, look I don't like political correctness, but I get shut down by people saying that being politically correct is just being respectful. I fight so hard to try to get my fucking point across, but it never works. I think I've found a new way of explaining this to people that gives me an upper hand in an argument.

Bloated Slutbag

Well, there may also be the cynical read which says that in a world ruled by the high priests of the Word of Law, it is (politically) correct because it is (politically) expedient. Just ask any public figure forced, in part by his own lawyer or publicist, to backpedal. We may laugh at that Norwegian politician, but I'm sure his constituents love him.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: oOoOoOo on May 13, 2016, 08:03:06 AMI get shut down by people saying that being politically correct is just being respectful. I fight so hard to try to get my fucking point across, but it never works.

Then fuck respect. In the words of Foetus, "say what you mean and say it mean" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXsEnha9Q94). Or, make fun of them. But if you're not going to back your words up, say nothing.
Shikata ga nai.

GEWALTMONOPOL

If I may add to this that I think the term politically correct is long redundant. It's more complex and sinister today as the PC of the past has become more powerful and controlling. The result of playing along with those ideas in the first place is that the philosophy behind them was never going to settle for it being about politeness or respect to others, that's just the harmless introduction it made to get on the first rung of the ladder, and it's on a full blown power trip towards control over language and thoughts. Language is a BIG factor here. Those who control language ultimately have the powers to control everything.

PC is gone - we need new a terminology to pin down the ones who are trying to gain control over every facet of our existence.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Duality

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on May 13, 2016, 05:23:23 PM
If I may add to this that I think the term politically correct is long redundant. It's more complex and sinister today as the PC of the past has become more powerful and controlling. The result of playing along with those ideas in the first place is that the philosophy behind them was never going to settle for it being about politeness or respect to others, that's just the harmless introduction it made to get on the first rung of the ladder, and it's on a full blown power trip towards control over language and thoughts. Language is a BIG factor here. Those who control language ultimately have the powers to control everything.

PC is gone - we need new a terminology to pin down the ones who are trying to gain control over every facet of our existence.

I think political correctness more and more embraces the usage of thought stopping cliches, which any form of political ideology uses, though prehaps not quite as blatantly as PC culture does. The right wing says that things are "degenerate" or "indecent" and the left says things are "offensive". If you buy into any of these concepts and want to remain on the good side of your brothers in political arms, you hear these words then think "I need to change my behavior so I don't become like them" (them being the scapegoat of your chosen ideology eg. the Jews, racists, gays, men etc. )

cr

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on May 13, 2016, 05:23:23 PM

Agreed, a new terminology is absolutely necessary.

Andrew McIntosh

What both the protest left and whinging right have in common, among nearly everything else, is this sense of being oppressed and put upon. That's where the whole mentality comes from. That's why their language is all about "fighting back" against whoever or whatever it is that they feel is picking on them. That everyone is shat on, to some degree, doesn't matter compared to them being shat on. It's all about this myopic, self-obsessed view of the world as something that is against them because they have cunts, or are white, or whatever it is. There'll always be someone somewhere writing or talking about it to give there paranoia validity.

The trouble for the pc left is that their ideas are actually gaining ascendancy in mainstream culture and they don't know how to change gears. It's going to be "we're being oppressed for who we are!" even when a lot of them are in legitimate power positions. We're all "inclusive" now.

It's a weird scene, really. The right won the economic war, the class war, the only struggle that mattered. So the left are consoling themselves with power in the cultural field. The result is societies with brutal economic stratification but with quotas for more "minorities" on the board of directors and shit like that.
Shikata ga nai.