TOURETTE

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, January 12, 2014, 05:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Appreciated "Brûle Mon Ame, Broie Mon Corps; Remodèle-Moi A L'image D'un Chien" CD a lot.
Now returned to Tourette's 2009 album ‎"Jardin Du Sommeil Chant D'Amour Sur La Nuit Grandissante"! CD was pressed 1000 copies and perhaps therefore available easily all over the place. Such an excellent album, what has very distinctive quality to it. I don't know if I ever heard such perfect mix of fast paced harsh noise with eerie or sometimes even sentimental pieces of piano loops and modern classical samples. Most of all, it is noisy and fierce. Not bass-loaded or "crunchy" really. It avoids all the blurry saturation and captures sharp and detailed harsh burts of noise without sounding overtly sterile.

I think I have heard almost everything by Tourette, but back in mid 2000's, it appeared as "just another harsh noise project". CDR's on labels like Audiobot and Harshnoise.com who put out several dozens of cdr's within very short time. Especially Audiobot probably put out 50 other releases same year as Tourettes 2005 CDR. But while some of the labels he has been part of, have profiled on producing mass quantity of releases (Deadline, Audiobot, Troniks, ..) Tourette itself is almost suspiciously unproductive. Perhaps less than 1 release per year appears. This is what makes it also interesting. If you buy a release, it is different. Of course there is slow shift where you recognize his methods and skills developing, but he make releases that appear to stand not only as individual releases, but also compared to eachother. It is perfectly justified to own and listen every release, while in case of productive noise bands one can often skip "transition" releases and be satisfied with selected few.

Should re-visit also older material. Now just problem remains, that as method to control insanity of magnitude of record collection, I decided to get rid of pretty much all CDR's.. And nearly half of Tourette discography is just that. Perhaps there is hope for more re-issues as 2012 Phage tapes "Brûle Mon Ame, Broie Mon Corps; Remodèle-Moi A L'image D'un Chien" cd kind of was..
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashmonger

I only have the two CDs you mention above, got the Jardin Du Sommeil... CD for free with an order I did from Gordon Ashworth (who runs Iatrogenesis Records, which co-released this CD). And since that one is very good, I also got the Brûle Mon Ame... CD. Both great indeed and I love the interaction between the calm, beautiful parts and the noise parts.
The gig last year in Belgium was good too, despite some technical problems.

Foyer Second

Thanks for the nice words. It is really a pleasure to know that some people actually listen to those releases and enjoy it.

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 12, 2014, 05:49:37 PM
Perhaps there is hope for more re-issues as 2012 Phage tapes "Brûle Mon Ame, Broie Mon Corps; Remodèle-Moi A L'image D'un Chien" cd kind of was..

Older releases should not get reissue anytime soon because - to my shame - they didn't aged very well. Not that I deny those works but their few qualities may not have survived to their flaws. Phage Tapes CD is indeed kind of a re-issue but first idea was not really for it to be released; It was done while struggling with "cendrier du voyage" and I was allowing myself some mannerisms or technics that I was trying to avoid in new work. Reason for it to be issued is mostly... my ego, Sam/Phage interest and the fact that I don't release that much stuff. Getting its release was a way not to be forgotten until new work was ready, ahaha. Shameful, isn't it ?

FreakAnimalFinland

I think sometimes it can be good for artist himself to take distance.
I think especially in many talks about boxes, a lot of people have expressed contempt towards idea of "THE BEST OF". Maybe this is why some artists benefit for releasing "THE REST OF...".   After legit albums, there is the collection of all the rest stuff, what may not be album worth, but certainly interesting document of development and awaking skills and ideas.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

impulse manslaughter

Enjoyed the set @ the Noisefest in Belgium last year. Put that CD in my want list. Will pick it up when i see one.

scumwalski

Tourette is up there in my #10 favorite noise artists of all time. Utter respect for him.

His recent tape - "Cendrier Du Voyage" - is mind blowing and really different from his past works.
Also, "Eroboros" (http://www.discogs.com/Tourette-Eroboros/release/662538) - fucking ace.

iatrogenesis

it's great to see some focus on this under-recognized project.  TOURETTE is one of my all time favorite harsh noise artists and performers.

The "Jardin du sommiel..." album can be streamed (and CDs can be ordered) here: https://iatrogenesis.bandcamp.com/album/jardin-du-sommeil-chant-damour-sur-la-nuit-grandissante

The CD is surely also available from Troniks and Antropofago Ateo, who co-released it.

aischrolatreia

Picked up "Eroboros" this weekend and I'm enjoying it. Really rich sounds and 'melody' coming in and out.

impulse manslaughter

Just had the Échancré CD on Flag Day on repeat for a few hours. What a great record, probably my favorite of 2021 so far. Perfectly executed dynamic harsh noise in the vein of the Japanese masters. Nice variation of abstract layers of sound textures and degrees of distortion with a few hints of melody and rhythm buried in the mix. The overall sound production and mastering is impressive as well. A heavy, crunchy sound with enough room for the different frequencies to surface. Also, nice artwork and it's not too long or too short.

Ashmonger

Got the Echancré CD as well a while back, again really good stuff. I got it from his bandcamp and if I'm not mistaken it was a really decent price including shipping.

Zeno Marx

any news on this cat?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.