Turku, Finland – Dec 7th. The Kolmas / Verde / Häkki / Grainless

Started by Jaakko V., October 28, 2013, 10:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaakko V.

The Kolmas – hypnotic and bleak minimalist electronics from the TK boys.
Verde – self-made electronics weirdom
Häkki – hissing and tense electroautistics from Umpio & Vanhala
Grainless – Turku psychedelic free noise orgy

Ernpe

What kind of place the venue is? By quick Google check, I found just some ads of "no alcohol" punk gigs.

Also, anyone intending to go there and back by car from the Helsinki area? The nightbus ticket prices seem fairy horrible, 32 euro one way.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

slugpace

Quote from: Ernpe on November 01, 2013, 12:07:33 PMWhat kind of place the venue is? By quick Google check, I found just some ads of "no alcohol" punk gigs.
Never been there, so can't say anything about the venue, but as far as I know you can't drink alcohol inside. Anyway, I'm sure clever people can figure out ways to do it in secret.

If anyone wants to make it a weekend in Turku, this is happening on Friday, Dec 6th:
http://www.facebook.com/events/175498495974338

pentd

its an old industrial building complex, where theres also a diy bike repair workshop. in may there was the svartvit evening. i found it a particularly good place cos it wasnt a boring bar/pub and it had a strong air of getto venue. if havin a beer is so painfully essential to gig attendances then do it hush hush, and if people respect the house rules we might have a decent place to make some noise without the usual annoying dilemmas for the future, like neighbour-complaints, bouncers, venue staff waiting for the happening to be over so they can disco it up, general air of not being welcome. last time i tried to set up a noise gig (MK9 evening) at tvo we ended up havin to pay a ridiculous huge 200+ e to the venue, with an attendance of 20-30. here we can go and blast it for free = all door millions to the travellin artists.

Ernpe

Personally I don't find it a problem to be sober at gig, though usually when travelling to a foreign city, I like to have a beer or two at local pub before the gig, not just go there-and-back as fast as possible. So it is nice to know beforehand if drinking is not kosher at the venue. Anyway, as Häkki and the Kolmas perform at Helsinki the day before, I think I wont travel to Turku this time. Hopefully there's still lots of people at the gig!
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

Feces

Grainless
I only heard last 2 minutes of the set. It sounded very good. Electronics+drums, I think. Heavier and better sound than their previous gigs I have seen.

Verde
Was ok. Didn't have the patience to listen/see properly. Eclectic instruments?

The Kolmas
Good beeping.

Häkki
AMAZING! I was expecting harsh noise for some reason. Professional electro-acoustics with such a talent that it was a pleasure to watch. Ultimately cool, no mistakes.