Harsh Noise Wall [HNW]

Started by Otomo_Hava, May 22, 2013, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadpriest

Quote from: calaverasgrande on July 19, 2016, 10:39:08 PM

I find it really funny to see people fist pumping and getting really aggro at a live performance.
'sick wall bro!'.

Worse than fist pumping is the chode hippy that feels the need to be doing all these psychedelic slow motion movements like they're passing through some magical ether.

Also I'm pretty sure when I say 'wickedsick' I'm being ironic.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

cutter

for me it's a specific sub-genre i can say, but it's still fresh
and from artists its The Rita for "Oksana Shorik" and "Preparing For Pointe" and of course Vomir for nylon fetish casettes (still looking for them)

calaverasgrande

Quote from: Peterson on July 19, 2016, 11:07:02 PM
Fist-pumping is just like any other physical manifestation of being moved by sound. Regarding fist-pumping and HNW, I've seen videos of The Rita, Sewer Electrion/Treriksroset, and others gesturing with a closed fist in especially dynamic sections. Regardless of what you want to think, HN/HNW is still going to strike many as kick-ass, aggressive, and brutal. You see tons of closed fists in the air in videos of Slogun performances. Why is this unacceptable in pure noise?
Not 'unacceptable' but it just seems like the noise scene in general has gotten a bit less avant and started to be a little more jock.

GEWALTMONOPOL

I've seen Consumer Electronics many times. All of them were fucking shit except once. On this one occasion he was on fire and a few of us went for it. Pushing, shoving, jumping up and down, a bit of wresting, testosterone and fun in the friendliest of ways. Probably someone also fist pumped at least once. No one who didn't want to was forced to take part as we kept our little chaos pit at the front. The complaints on the Whitehouse forum afterwards were plentiful. The chin strokers were not amused.

It's a good question, Peterson. Add to that how the noise weenies who moan on forums about macho posturing seem unable to distinguish between the bullies at school and the freaks who could fend for themselves enough to not be fucked with by the bullies like the weenies were. And some of us freaks sometimes also defended the defenceless little weenies by kicking a bullies ass. How soon people forget.

What's the cure? More fist pumping in noise!
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

monotome

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on July 20, 2016, 09:26:21 PM
The chin strokers

Would be a pretty good name for a band.

What you want to do at a show is your own decision, and however this does more applies to punk and metal shows as there are not that many noise things around, I've seen great shows with the reception only lame crowds of pale chicken without emotion or power whatsoever. Can you please be a bit more enthusiastic. What the fuck. I don´t get it.

martialgodmask

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on July 20, 2016, 09:26:21 PMMore fist pumping in noise!

Quoted for truth, as they say.

Sometimes, some things just make you want to pump your fucking fist!

calaverasgrande

Quote from: Peterson on July 20, 2016, 08:44:32 PM
No offense, but especially in conjunction with extreme music, I often wonder if the people concerned about things becoming "jockish" are the ones who got beat up by jocks in high school, or couldn't handle getting an elbow in the mosh pit.
Back when I used to go to hardcore shows I was kind of a big asshole. Not on purpose, but in hindsight. I was a drunk 230lb guy who would just do all kinds of lame stuff 'in the pit'. As far as getting beat up in school. I was one of those bad kids that hung out in the smoking section. We beat up other people, they didn't beat us up.

I just resent when any scene is co-opted or infiltrated by normies. And I don't like jocks in general.
OTOH I've been to too many 'extreme music' performances where the audience consisted of one dozen people who were not in any of the acts that night. So maybe I shouldn't be so picky.

Bleak Existence

you can react like you want at a live show it fucking personal but i prefer just to stand and listen than do near fucking paindance shit lol

calaverasgrande

I mean where any of you guys around for the whole Power Violence thing?
I still fail to see what connects Phobia, Man is the Bastard and Capitalist Casualties. But there were a few bands of that scene I did kind of like, and for whatever reason I ended up doing sound for a lot of PV shows.
But man that stupid kung fu dance thing? WTF. I remember the first time I was at some show at Danville Grange and I see a bunch of people doing that. I was like, okay, that is something new.
of course that whole scene was about aggro.

Bleak Existence

calaverasgrande

strong black coffee wall.

(cream and sugar are for pussies go drink tea instead)

Deadpriest

Someone should do an hour long cover of You Suffer by Napalm Death as a goof (there's a lot of goofy harsh noise wall these days)
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

holy ghost

Non-ironically, non jokingly asking, has anyone ever mic'd up a shop vac sucking up a bunch of plaster or nails as a HNW recording? Because that shit sounds harsh as fuck man, I just bought a 6G Rigid from Home Depot (on sale) and man the sounds this fuckin' thing makes are harsher than a lot of bleak as fuck HNW I hear coming out of a DOD Death Metal.

Also these people chilling and drinking beer in Vomir garbage bag masks is tight as fuck. Maybe it's not the reaction one would want to a HNW but I can't help but think this is fuckin' bananas....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3zeYV4oN2A