SWE 24-25/5 - RÖSET (Sewer Election, Trepaneringsritualen, Blodvite etc)

Started by Matthias, April 28, 2013, 10:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

FINALY....
THE FIRST OF MANY INDUSTRIAL, NOISE, EXPERIMENTAL AND OLJUDSFESTIVALS:
RÖSET 2013

LIVE ON STAGE:

SEWER ELECTION
SANCTUM
TREPANERINGSRITUALEN
BLODVITE
ARV & MILJÖ
FEBERDRÖM
VARDAGSVÅLD

PARTY, BAR, OPEN STAGE, FREE CAMPING, WORKSHOP,  REVOLUTION, DISTROS, VEGAN FOOD, RECORDING SESSIONS, EXHIBITIONS,  ART, THOMAS STETSON, JAG OCH DE MINA, POETRY, SVEGGO, IKONOKLAST, ENTARTETE KUNST, KULTURBERIKARNA, EXPERIMENTAL MOVIES AND SHORTFILM, CRASS, SVANKMYER, CUNNINGHAM, ANGER, KERN, COLLECTED RIOT FILMS.

FRIDAY 24/5 AND SATURDAY 25/5.
100:-
BOOK YOUR TICKET AND GET DIRECTIONS TO SVARTMYRA LOCATED OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE IN THE DARK FOREST OF SMÅLAND - SWEDEN.
write to
rf.svavel@pas-83.com

http://pas-83.com/svavel/

Matthias

Short summary of Röset 2013:

The festival took place in, literally, the middle of nowhere in the region of Småland, a nicely placed isolated ranch surrounded by dark forests and no near neighbours. No animals in the barn (except some dogs I've could have done without), instead a nice bar, a stage with a massive PA-system, merch tables, screens for projections etc. Circuit bending workshop during the day time, and film screenings in a big tent during the nights. Impressive!  

Blodvite - Oscillating drones intersecting with loops of location recordings and cruel feedback. Got to think of older Putrefier and similar stuff at times. Saw Viktors other project Orquere a week prior to this, but in my opinion Blodvite is far superior. Absolutely menacing PA sound - thick and heavy.

Feberdröm - Another act I've seen plenty of times at this point. Bordering more to dark ambient in the beginning but now sounding far more noisy and fierce. Splendid use of a hammer in the set. I guess some have a hard time accepting the occasional keyboard melodies but I usually like it.

Arv & Miljö - Hard to say something relevant about your own crap. In my head it sounded like Small Cruel Party getting the bladder emptied by Filthy Turd or something.

Vardagsvåld - The act I looked forward to the most. Cassette from last year left something to desire, but still had something promising and odd going on. Was expecting something akin to harsh noise from the show, but instead we got a somewhat sterile sounding thick drone that just went on and on, with some random distorted bursts here and there. Not too interesting. First time I ever seen someone perform with a iPAD.

Trepaneringsritualen - Always good. Even though having a cold, the man delivered the goods. Especially the version of All hail the black flame hit home, such a frustrated nerve there. Nice use of lighting and smoke machine.

Sewer Election - By far the calmest and most introverted SE set I've seen. Superb ending with a rising, melancholic organ drone. Best show of the weekend for me.

Sanctum - Ended it all. Missed most of the show but not my thing at all. To my tired ears it sounded like nu-metal with electronics instead of guitars.

Some random photos stolen from the internet:

Blodvite

Feberdröm

Arv & Miljö

Vardagsvåld

Trepaneringsritualen

Sewer Election

Sanctum