Come Org.

Started by RyanWreck, December 08, 2012, 04:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acsenger

The Come Org. box is up for pre-order on the Vinyl On Demand website (the only place it's gonna be sold apparently) for no less than €289 plus shipping (which, considering the release weighs 6 kilos, is surely not cheap).

I hope one day it gets a reissue as an affordable CD box.

Thor

Quote from: acsenger on October 02, 2019, 12:13:41 AM
The Come Org. box is up for pre-order on the Vinyl On Demand website (the only place it's gonna be sold apparently) for no less than €289 plus shipping (which, considering the release weighs 6 kilos, is surely not cheap).

I hope one day it gets a reissue as an affordable CD box.

A bit more expensive than I had hoped. But nonetheless, I don't own 90% of the material so I grabbed it without regret.
Its a huge box with (imo) essential releases which I have been waiting to get.  This is the most expensive box set I have bought (+the currency rate is pretty bad for me at the moment) but then again it does include ten lps+book. I don't think there would be many other box sets I would have dropped that kind of an amount on, would have done so for early Sutcliffe Jugend box but not much else.
Some of the releases found in the box cost more than the whole box by themselves.
In any case I think I'll have to put other purchases on hold for a while if I want to stay married.

murderous_vision

How much was postage?

akhlq

Paid without hesitation, came up to 298 euro with postage (and after VAT deduction since I'm not in Europe). Not cheap, but when you consider some (metal) labels are charging 20+ euro for a single LP these days, and given what you're getting in the box, I'd say it's alright.

Shipping was 40~45 euro to Malaysia if I recall correctly. Not bad for 6 kilos halfway across the world.

murderous_vision

Trigger pulled. Fuck it.

ロックン·ロール

I wonder if the individual LP's are housed in replica sleeves of the original releases or whether there's some new design being used. I'm more than tempted to pull the trigger myself, but I would love to hear that the original artwork of the LP's have been preserved.

CMSFoundation

Along with all the records, the fact that the book contains all 19 Katas makes it worth the price of admission for me.

akhlq

Quote from: ロックン·ロール on October 02, 2019, 11:34:50 PM
I wonder if the individual LP's are housed in replica sleeves of the original releases or whether there's some new design being used. I'm more than tempted to pull the trigger myself, but I would love to hear that the original artwork of the LP's have been preserved.

Frank had posted some photos on the VOD Facebook of the covers fresh off the printing press, all looked faithful to the originals (well, as far as I can tell based off of images on Discogs etc). I can't seem to find them on the page anymore though, for some reason.

yosef666

Quote from: akhlq on October 02, 2019, 04:24:04 PM
Paid without hesitation, came up to 298 euro with postage (and after VAT deduction since I'm not in Europe). Not cheap, but when you consider some (metal) labels are charging 20+ euro for a single LP these days, and given what you're getting in the box, I'd say it's alright.

Shipping was 40~45 euro to Malaysia if I recall correctly. Not bad for 6 kilos halfway across the world.
VAT got removed from your order? I'm in the US and I was still charged VAT... strange.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

murderous_vision

Quote from: yosef666 on October 05, 2019, 05:59:10 AM

VAT got removed from your order? I'm in the US and I was still charged VAT... strange.

I would contact them. I also live in the USA and was not charged VAT.

yosef666

Quote from: murderous_vision on October 05, 2019, 03:24:19 PM

Just double checked my receipt & I was not charged VAT... it was still showing up during checkout but must have been automatically removed at payment.

Very, very excited to receive this, especially to take a look at the book.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

murderous_vision

Me as well. The preview sheets that were posted on social media look amazing.

murderous_vision

Quote from: yosef666 on October 07, 2019, 08:08:44 PM
Quote from: murderous_vision on October 05, 2019, 03:24:19 PM

BTW, did anyone receive an actual invoice? I only got a receipt from PayPal.

Just double checked my receipt & I was not charged VAT... it was still showing up during checkout but must have been automatically removed at payment.

Very, very excited to receive this, especially to take a look at the book.

MyrtleLake

Quote from: murderous_vision on October 08, 2019, 12:50:04 AM
BTW, did anyone receive an actual invoice? I only got a receipt from PayPal.

Mine went straight to my Spam folder. I would check there first. The receipt / invoice was sent from VOD-Records <frank@vod-records.com>