sotos

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, March 04, 2010, 08:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgson

Quote from: deakin on September 29, 2021, 02:08:03 PM
Here is the list of reference work for the upcoming Sotos/Maunz book that was published by Philip & Chip
approved by Peter and Lionel on fb & insta, so far 12 titles :

Sabine Dardanne - I choose to live
R.D. Laing - the politics of the family
E.M. Cioran - the trouble with being born
Wensley Clarkson - Vanessa portrait of evil
Martin Duberman - Andrea Dworkin: the feminist as revolutionary
Sarah T. Roberts - behind the screen, content moderation in the context of Social media
Vanessa Place - you had to be there, Rape Jokes
Philip Larrat-Smith - Louise Bourgeois, Freud's Daughter
Bruce M. Achauer - Burn Reconstruction
Ernst Jünger - on pain
Jean Paul Sartre - Saint Genet
John Borneman - cruel attachments

Nice to see Cioran still being read.

endors_toi

Got really excited seeing the pictures of the first copies up on Twitter. Looking hefty indeed.

Waiting til December sucks.

theotherjohn

Lionel Maunz Peter Sotos is now sold out from Amphetamine Sulphate, however Nine Banded Books may still have a handful of copies for sale. I've only ordered a single one for myself (at very short notice from 9BB) as I didn't get a reply from Philip re: buying multiples. Here's a picture of Lionel and Peter signing the books courtesy of Amphetamine Sulphate's Twitter.

Did anyone see/snag the signed manuscript of Tool. that was sold on eBay.com earlier this month? Listing here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185073749842. Really wish I got a notification for that!

deakin

Here is the updated reference list:

Sabine Dardanne - I choose to live
R.D. Laing - the politics of the family
E.M. Cioran - the trouble with being born
Wensley Clarkson - Vanessa portrait of evil
Martin Duberman - Andrea Dworkin: the feminist as revolutionary
Sarah T. Roberts - behind the screen, content moderation in the context of Social media
Vanessa Place - you had to be there, Rape Jokes
Philip Larrat-Smith - Louise Bourgeois, Freud's Daughter
Bruce M. Achauer - Burn Reconstruction
Ernst Jünger - on pain
Jean Paul Sartre - Saint Genet
John Borneman - cruel attachments
Rebecca Barrett-Fox - god hates
Henry Scott Stokes - the life and death of Yukio Mishima
Mark Matthews - The Horseman
Stephen O'Shea - the perfect heresy
Paul Kaihla and Ross Lever - savage messiah
David Sylvester - interviews with Francis Bacon
William E. Jones - True homosexual experiences
Steven Toushin - the destruction of the moral fabric of America
Rupert Goldsworthy - consuming terror
Eileen Ormsby - The Darkest Web: Drugs, Death and Destroyed Lives
Susan Curtiss - Genie
Hubert Klocker - Otto Muehl: Works 1956–2010

Movies:
Robert Glinski - Piggies
Peter Robinson - Asylum
Frank Vitale - Montreal Main
William Rotsler - the agony of love

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: theotherjohn on October 20, 2021, 09:07:58 PM
Lionel Maunz Peter Sotos is now sold out from Amphetamine Sulphate, however Nine Banded Books may still have a handful of copies for sale. I've only ordered a single one for myself (at very short notice from 9BB) as I didn't get a reply from Philip re: buying multiples. Here's a picture of Lionel and Peter signing the books courtesy of Amphetamine Sulphate's Twitter.

Did anyone see/snag the signed manuscript of Tool. that was sold on eBay.com earlier this month? Listing here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185073749842. Really wish I got a notification for that!

9BB still has copies.  I just ordered mine.

Eigen Bast

Quote from: endors_toi on October 16, 2021, 08:25:47 PM
Got really excited seeing the pictures of the first copies up on Twitter. Looking hefty indeed.

Waiting til December sucks.

It looks like these are shipping already, at least from Amphetamine Sulfate.

endors_toi

Is that so?! How do you know?

I got mine from nine banded, international shipping... don't think it's going to be anytime near haha.

But, yeah, for the people who have any news whatsoever, please do share.

Eigen Bast

Phil has just been posting a few pics on his twitter of folks who have received copies (including someone in the UK); I was also emailing with Chip at Nine Banded over the weekend and it sounded like he was otw back from ATX, assuming his copies will start shipping soon.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Eigen Bast on November 08, 2021, 08:07:31 PM
Phil has just been posting a few pics on his twitter of folks who have received copies (including someone in the UK); I was also emailing with Chip at Nine Banded over the weekend and it sounded like he was otw back from ATX, assuming his copies will start shipping soon.

When I ordered from 9BB, I received a notification from him that he will ship in early December.  But earlier would be great too!

endors_toi

Me too. I asked Chip if there's any chance it would be earlier, but he said most likely not. So FYI, anybody who ordered from nine banded.

Eigen Bast

any impressions so far? It's rapidly approaching on my "to read" pile. Utterly gorgeous presentation

endors_toi

It is, in fact, gorgeously, deliciously designed.

I am, however, 20 something pages in, and I'm underwhelmed by the text, which I didn't expect. It manages to both confuse me and make me feel kinda empty/unsatisfied at the same time.

But there are plenty more pages, and of course I will read it all. I wonder how other people are feeling, cause so far the only mentions of it I saw online are about the art/design of the book.

theotherjohn

Still waiting on my copy from 9BB. In the meantime, Dennis Cooper's Blog has a spotlight on the book with page excerpts and the collected photos of all of Peter and Lionel's respective inspirations that were shared through social media: https://denniscooperblog.com/please-welcome-to-the-world-lionel-maunz-peter-sotos-amphetamine-sulphate-nine-banded-books/

If anyone didn't get Peter's previous book Ingratitude, hit me up as I have a couple of copies squirreled away that I may be willing to sell for the right price. I see that one sold on eBay recently for just shy of $300 - impressive!

Dodgson

Quote from: endors_toi on December 09, 2021, 01:51:02 AM
It is, in fact, gorgeously, deliciously designed.

I am, however, 20 something pages in, and I'm underwhelmed by the text, which I didn't expect. It manages to both confuse me and make me feel kinda empty/unsatisfied at the same time.

But there are plenty more pages, and of course I will read it all. I wonder how other people are feeling, cause so far the only mentions of it I saw online are about the art/design of the book.

Still underwhelmed? I found it pretty good. Not as good as "the early stuff" but still pretty good. Ignoring the somewhat bland art of Maunz, the text is classic recent Sotos. Maybe not as good as Ingratitude, but close.