sotos

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, March 04, 2010, 08:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

Cold Cave fans are also big fans of sexual violence?

DSOL

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on August 08, 2018, 11:27:21 PM
Cold Cave fans are also big fans of sexual violence?

lol apparently
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

bitewerksMTB

Has anyone received shipping notices or their copy of the new book? I've seen one photo of it on IG but no comments about it.

online prowler

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on August 11, 2018, 09:02:05 PM
Has anyone received shipping notices or their copy of the new book? I've seen one photo of it on IG but no comments about it.

I was talking to Chip about possible wholesale on the title for WFR, but the shipping cost was too expensive too defend a purchase. Limited quantities left, so don't sleep on this. According to him:"The book is off the press and I'm filling advance orders daily. Will move it to "Current Releases" next week." So, I would believe orders to be sent somewhat parallell to this move. Amazon US on the other hand updated their delivery time to September - late October. The latter might just be an estimation I suspect.

rocksoff

Received it today. I don't think 9BB typically sends shipping emails.

expectorant

Received mine yesterday. I haven't had the chance to dive in yet, but it looks great. A little under 200 pages of text bookended by sizable scrapbook sections made up of newspaper clippings.

endors_toi

Quote from: expectorant on August 11, 2018, 11:56:04 PM

Received mine yesterday. I haven't had the chance to dive in yet, but it looks great. A little under 200 pages of text bookended by sizable scrapbook sections made up of newspaper clippings.

Awesome, so that's indeed what I thought.
If anyone could share snippets/screenshots it would be amazing. I'm from Israel so guess it's gonna take quite a while for mine to arrive.

endors_toi

^ Wow, thanks. Makes me even more excited.

Peterson

Pfft, fuck me, never mind my earlier comment. We meet the real Danny, at last.

bitewerksMTB

What's the content of "Crows" plus the "Filming Children", etc. titles? It'd be nice if 9BB could do those all in one book. Some guy on eBay is trying to sell all 4 volumes of those softcovers for $2,250.00.

I just noticed that Danny Bridges article. You really gotta wonder about someone who is keeping newspaper articles from 1984. He may not have all of his ores in the water...

Peterson

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on August 15, 2018, 04:47:46 AM
What's the content of "Crows" plus the "Filming Children", etc. titles? It'd be nice if 9BB could do those all in one book. Some guy on eBay is trying to sell all 4 volumes of those hardcovers for $2,250.00.

I just noticed that Danny Bridges article. You really gotta wonder about someone who is keeping newspaper articles from 1984. He may not have all of his ores in the water...

Those plus the Waitress editions and similar. I'm probably most curious about all those.

There's a guy repeatedly complaining about Whitehouse on Discogs and he uses Sotos as an example of his problem with them, going "There's just something off about that guy."

rocksoff

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on August 15, 2018, 04:47:46 AM
What's the content of "Crows" plus the "Filming Children", etc. titles? It'd be nice if 9BB could do those all in one book. Some guy on eBay is trying to sell all 4 volumes of those hardcovers for $2,250.00.

I've read whichever one was included in Public and it seemed like a rough draft for Mine (same set of questions repeating over the course of the piece).

You can see some more of the newspaper collection, including some of the stuff that got scanned into Ingratitude, near the bottom of this page.
http://artviewer.org/whats-up-doc-at-new-galerie/

Is that Tate book the one that Sotos has had a long-running grievance with? I noticed his unaired documentary Conspiracy of Silence has found a new audience among the pizzagate crowd in the past two years...

endors_toi

What's that all about? Is that one of you guys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqaxSgx5dpM

Also, has anybody that doesn't live in the US/Canada receive their copy yet?

rocksoff

Quote from: endors_toi on August 15, 2018, 03:44:32 PM
What's that all about? Is that one of you guys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqaxSgx5dpM
Who makes a 90 minute "discussion" video about a book they haven't read yet?

I noticed in the back of Ingratitude and in that New Galerie exhibit that thanks is given to Laurence Viallet for "archival material". I know she published/translated some of his stuff in French but I guess she's in possession of some of his collection as well.

Speaking of Viallet, I'm not sure if this was posted here before, but I found this via archive.org the other day. Some French language articles on Sotos, specifically Index and Tick, and two interviews compiled for an appearance in Paris in 2005. Surprisingly readable via Google translate since my shit French certainly wasn't helping.
https://web.archive.org/web/20090302093243/http://www.editions-desordres.com:80/critiques/peter_sotos_cahier.php