FORUM USER introductions thread

Started by Nyodene D, December 10, 2009, 04:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHK

Old fart, used to be active in "the scene" in the past, took a few years' break due to changes in life and other things, and now slowly crawling back.

New projects are in the works, old ones are buried deep.

Antirealist

!high from Riga.
doing noise and related sound from mid 90's, mainly as Antireality project since '99, varying between noise, drone and abstract. sometimes soundtracks for art/museum installations, few theathre plays and videos. tried to drop the noise making several times, it's hopeless. a few "official" local tape/cdr releases twenty years ago and one in 2019, others are just free downloads.

Jimro

Name: Jim Hamilton
Projects: various remixes(I'm a DJ)
About zodiac signs - Aries personality traits

consoomer_electronics

Name: Tomboy
Projects: RW Tomboy, Consoomer Electronics, Autistic Records
Was in some punk bands when i was younger, then got into spoken word stuff. Won several local art grants and a few awards, got a bit known (just in my state). Have always been interested in noise, power electronics and the more experimental types of sound art so am getting into some new projects right now. Have met some people online i hope to collab with. Found out about this forum through some of the more extreme artists i am into. I think freedom of speech and expression is essential in any of the arts even if others criticise that as being politically incorrect. I have some subversive little pop songs on Spotify and Bandcamp.

Commander15

Name: J.S.
Project(s): Commando 15 (harsh noise)

Pripyat

Name - Dawson
Age - 45
Location - Glasgow
Pripyat and Wound Infiltration

Piessa

Name: A. H.
Project(s): Piessa + couple of others

Used to play in metal bands, but now I'm more into creating murky soundscapes with percussions, weird instruments, field recordings, tape machines and whatnot.
My blood is my god. -Urghagnar

MmeDesgranges

Apologies for doing this only so late

Project: No strictly "noise" projects of my own (only black metal/ambient)
Other cool things: I am the person chiefly responsible for k.v.n.t. kolektiv. We have one or two noise/p.e. releases/compilations from some forum members here.

SoonYouHaveDeafEars

Name: SYHDE
Projects:
I like loud music that gives me tinnitus; big fan of Aunt Mary/Bizarre Uproar, Arse, The Gerogerigegege, Gelsomina, Bastard Noise, Killer Bug, Sickness, Sissy Spacek, Evil Moisture, Hanatarash, Maskhead, Linekraft etc....
Also an amatuer noise maker utilising junk and pedalss, nothing too special.
Que Sera, Sera (Things Go From Bad To Worse)

ikhoor

Name: Daniel Kent
Location: Current- Ogden, Utah; Previous- Philadelphia, PA; Born- Rockford, Illinois
Project(s): abandoned project- https://object-worship.bandcamp.com/, current project- TBD

Kaaoskultti

Doing this later aswell.

Name: D.
Projects: none yet. Looking forward to learning more about noise gear etc.
Overall interested in literature, philosophy, and music.
ZOB ZYGGLAN - Brazilian Power Electronics - https://zobzygglan.bandcamp.com/album/zob-zygglan

snakeradical

Hi everyone
From azores
Love music
Been lurking around the forum for  quite some time
Wanna thank Mikko for setting this up! Priceless info!
Eternal thanks

Léarch

Hi there, been reading this amazing forum for a couple of months now.

Been into Death and Black Metal for about 15 years, I got into noise and PE recently (merely one year ago I'd say) , though I already knew some assaults for quite some times such as Innerwar from Brighter Death Now , the Remember live from Genocide Organ or crushed my mind into the walls of Noise from The Rita or Vomir and elses.

Now I'm craving for more and more, as I got to know some  amazing names (be they established and old or relatively new) and labels.

"Are you lost? Yes."

"No hay banda. Il n'est pas de orchestra. This is all a tape recording. This...is...an illusion..."

Mass Graven Image

Name: Yeshua G,
Year: 1986
Locality: Austin TX
Project: Mass Graven Image
Other: Visual Art, Programming, nerd shit, narcotics.

OscarAV

Hello,

Name Oscar
Year 1983
Locality Spain
Project Paranoised

Paranoised is an experimental noise project I have started recently. So far, I have released a record, which is on

Paranoised.bandcamp.com

And on the Bandcamp of The church of noisy goat.

And I have participated too in a compilation you can check here

https://thechurchofnoisygoat.bandcamp.com/album/23-enigma-compilation?from=fanpub_fb&utm_source=album_release&utm_medium=email&utm_content=fanpub_fb&utm_campaign=thechurchofnoisygoat%2Balbum%2B23-enigma-compilation

I am looking for fanzines trying to spread the record.
Some people gave me the link, and I have already learned about Whitehouse and Merzbow, pretty good both actually.

Cheers.