Boxsets you would like to happen?

Started by RyanWreck, May 26, 2012, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on April 26, 2019, 08:24:59 PM
I think both Nikudorei and their billion tapes and most projects by Kei Yokota (especially Deadly Verity) deserve a mention here. Although I don't think boxsets would be appropriate for them. But maybe it's just that I don't like boxsets...
I'd like to see a Nikudorei set and an all-encompassing bandcamp page.  I haven't heard most of it.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

holy ghost

Quote from: Zeno Marx on November 17, 2019, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on April 26, 2019, 08:24:59 PM
I think both Nikudorei and their billion tapes and most projects by Kei Yokota (especially Deadly Verity) deserve a mention here. Although I don't think boxsets would be appropriate for them. But maybe it's just that I don't like boxsets...
I'd like to see a Nikudorei set and an all-encompassing bandcamp page.  I haven't heard most of it.

I second this - I have a few CDs, the 3-way split LP and a couple 7"s but my collection is woefully incomplete when I look at discogs and I just can't be spending $25+ per 7".

I would also like to see the same happen for Gore Beyond Necropsy.

I just ordered the Squash Bowels LP collection of demo material from NWN and I'd love to see more LP collections like that.

ritualabuser

Seconding the Taint and Briley ideas and would add that The Grey Wolves are probably one of the ones most deserving of the box treatment. Wouldn't hurt to have a few of the earlier related projects like Brutal Love thrown in too.

radokaz

Anybody knows what's up with the Gonkulator boxset?

WCrap

i would very welcome a cd-box of works by FRANCOIS DOURIS so i can stuff my tapes away. this could also include his work under the  ZONE NORD moniker, which i always thought were a bit less unique, but seem to be more talked about / in demand.

another project which should be lifted from obscurity is DACHISE from UK, who produced some quite singular and rewarding works from the mid 90's to early 2000's.

FreakAnimalFinland

Isn't zone nord guy called Jean-Luc Angles?

Francois Douris stuff is indeed nice. I recall writing about his work here few times.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

WCrap

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 20, 2019, 08:16:16 PM

oops, i hope i didn't spill a secret... it's the same person.

muppet1

Quote from: WCrap on November 20, 2019, 08:22:43 PM

Bombshell

Zeno Marx

Quote from: WCrap on November 20, 2019, 08:22:43 PM

All good stuff.  Didn't know that.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

impulse manslaughter

pentd

matt waldron / irr.app.(ext) is insanely good, yet most of his out-there-est exists only on cdr and his bandcamp

https://irrappext.bandcamp.com/

Yrjö-Koskinen

Killer Bug. Just the stuff recorded and released under that moniker. The myth of Japanese bondage noise must be reinforced! Also, annoying formats like the S/Sided Taiwan live needs to grow up and be put into a CD box.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

Aplerbeck

Quote from: collapsedhole on May 01, 2019, 01:12:53 AM
TAINT box! i reckon about 10 cd's would do it. with bloody panties, of course.

here, i'll help....

strange feeling, shit coming
killing for company
prey
justmeat
piecemeal dissection
savage weapons
perverse
untimely silence
whoredom
victimology
victimology 2
vice
satiate (havent heard it but cant be bad right?

maybe another cd or two of the very ltd. tapes i havent heard

comp including:

split w/ s&q
split w/ msbr
split w/ strict
split w/ skin crime, sickness
when you meet a stranger
where are the whores
harming obsession
i'm a whore
hel-lo

comp including the best of many tracks from various compilations

ok, maybe 15+ cd's...

I have copies of a lot that is listed here but a box set of it would be most welcome.

Thor

Quote from: Aplerbeck on December 02, 2019, 11:05:27 AM
Quote from: collapsedhole on May 01, 2019, 01:12:53 AM
TAINT box! i reckon about 10 cd's would do it. with bloody panties, of course.

here, i'll help....

strange feeling, shit coming
killing for company
prey
justmeat
piecemeal dissection
savage weapons
perverse
untimely silence
whoredom
victimology
victimology 2
vice
satiate (havent heard it but cant be bad right?

maybe another cd or two of the very ltd. tapes i havent heard

comp including:

split w/ s&q
split w/ msbr
split w/ strict
split w/ skin crime, sickness
when you meet a stranger
where are the whores
harming obsession
i'm a whore
hel-lo

comp including the best of many tracks from various compilations

ok, maybe 15+ cd's...

I have copies of a lot that is listed here but a box set of it would be most welcome.

I'm guessing its unlikely now. I think most involved in the scene will try to abstain from any actions which might be interpreted as trying to cash in on his death. Not that I think that releasing a box now would be an act of marketing, its a small scene, but could just as well be a sign of respect, a testament to what he left behind. But again, I think labels will tread lightly at least the next two years. I might be wrong. I'd buy.

Goat93

Quote from: Thor on December 08, 2019, 12:26:15 PM

I'm guessing its unlikely now. I think most involved in the scene will try to abstain from any actions which might be interpreted as trying to cash in on his death. Not that I think that releasing a box now would be an act of marketing, its a small scene, but could just as well be a sign of respect, a testament to what he left behind. But again, I think labels will tread lightly at least the next two years. I might be wrong. I'd buy.

i think it depends, who will release such a box and how much it would cost. if its like skin crime box on hospital or latest freak animal boxes, i don't think anyone would complain about cash in

or maybe someone should release such a box with a sidenote to help for funeral/something like that