Media Storage/Shelving

Started by ConcreteMascara, May 01, 2012, 05:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

yeah, but that's old. It was filmed like... 6 years ago? Moved since then. I have got rid of some VHS & DVD. I don't keep track of exact numbers, it's more often measured by how many meters of shelves it takes than by numbers. I have more focused on buying super-8 and magazines. And supplies are becoming quite low.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Max

I have old Lundia shelves for CDs, LPs and irregular sized objects. also have a separate Lundia for books. Lundia is a Finnish company who make quite boring looking but very adjustable / expandable and durable shelves, think Ikea's Billy except better quality wood etc. being used. it's very expensive new, but roaming the second hand places pays off.

however, I haven't found a suitable way to store / display normal tapes. I currently have them in random boxes and piles, which is a drag since every time I get something new it gets a couple of listens and then just disappears into the heap of obscurity. every time I see a decent tape shelf at a friends place or where ever it's usually a lucky find from a recycling centre or something like that... suggestions??

cr

What shelves are best for the storage of cassette tapes and require minimum space? Or do you keep them all in boxes? As I'm too busy or too lazy to sort them in some way, I hate when I have to search through all the boxes to find the one I'm looking for...
Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

collapsedhole

re: shelving

i had a bunch of extra 1/2" thick pressboard used for flooring that i cut into 5" wide pieces of varying lengths up to 5ft, then painted black and hung on the wall using L shaped steel brackets i picked up at the hardware store.... works for me

Theodore

Boxes, number them, write a catalog what each box contains. I would say your catalog to be a text file in PC so you can easily make changes and searches. Boxes are handy, can be placed on top of each other, i think are the best for saving space.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Lazrs3

I have this metal, padded tool box, but loads of little boxes and tops of cd shelves (Ikea standing cd racks) where tapes are stashed. Ikea did have an ace glass fronted cs cabinet that they discontinued, they do pop up on ebay frequently. Vinyl wise I had a friend build a long cupboard, table top unit which is good, but wall shelves in alcoves are best in my mind.