Atrax Morgue/Marco Corbelli Appreciation

Started by Reprobate, March 16, 2012, 09:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IRONFLAME.de

Quote from: Harvest on February 29, 2020, 11:34:50 PM
Ushi 013 Atrax MorgueSilver wooden Box 9CD 69€
for those who missed the black box and the red box, urashima has combined the two in limited quantities.

ANYONE HAVE THIS FOR SALE? Thx!

Into_The_Void

Although I dug industrial after his death, so to say (although I remember when he died pretty good, as I read the news through the black metal community I used to read / write on), Corbelli´s music has been one of the main gateways I had to step from extreme metal into extreme electronics. Favourite works are probably "Death-Orgasm connector", "Woundfucker" (still hoping to find an original tape of this one) and maybe "I vizi morbosi..", but it´s just a matter of personal "affection".
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)

Verkhaner

Quote from: CannibalRitual on September 14, 2020, 04:59:04 PM
any opinion on this one?

https://www.discogs.com/Atrax-Morgue-195-Melrose-Avenue-NW2/release/15512004

Actually spent this morning with the rerelease on OEC. Pretty interesting CD. Frantic vocals and minimalist synth in some tracks and synthnoise on others. Sounds a tad more crunchy and distorted than other AM material and some neat parts even venture into broken and crumbling territor, somewhat like some more modern harsh noise.

Balor/SS1535

I was wondering whether anyone could shed more light on the live performance released as the first two CDs/CDrs in Close to a Corpse.  According to the description for Urashima's rerelease:

QuoteOn February 24, 2001 Marco Corbelli take part in the performance "Autopsia dell'opera d'arte vivente come vivisezione del corpo di dio" in the Viareggio art gallery, Studio D'Arte Memoria Indelebile. Together with three other artists he stages an autopsy on a shapeless body, which represents the living work of art. Corbelli actively participates in the pseudo autopsy, as well as sounding the live event.

I am wondering about it because, as noted on Discogs, the synth recordings from Atrax Morgue were "recorded directly into minidisc."  Since this is, I assume, a line-in recording, there are none of the extraneous sounds of a live performance in the background of the noise that you can hear on other live albums---here it is just the synth and nothing else.  Given the description above and the fact that the live recording contains a number of pauses and tonal changes, it seems like there were other things going on during this live performance.  However, neither the recordings themselves nor the inserts that come with the Urashima rerelease shed any light on exactly what this was the soundtrack for.  Never mind that the label description itself is quite vague in and of itself.

Does anyone know anything else about this particular performance?  Any ideas who the other artists were?  These live recordings are probably my favorite Atrax Morgue material, so I would greatly appreciate any information that anyone could provide!

expectorant

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on November 23, 2022, 05:42:30 AM
I was wondering whether anyone could shed more light on the live performance released as the first two CDs/CDrs in Close to a Corpse.

Does anyone know anything else about this particular performance?  Any ideas who the other artists were?  These live recordings are probably my favorite Atrax Morgue material, so I would greatly appreciate any information that anyone could provide!

One of the inserts that came with the original Slaughter Productions release lists the other artists as Paolo Albani, Antonino Bove, and Daniele Poletti. It also provides a link to Poletti's website for more info: http://web.tiscali.it/danielepoletti/corpo.htm

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: expectorant on November 23, 2022, 06:16:54 AM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on November 23, 2022, 05:42:30 AM
I was wondering whether anyone could shed more light on the live performance released as the first two CDs/CDrs in Close to a Corpse.

One of the inserts that came with the original Slaughter Productions release lists the other artists as Paolo Albani, Antonino Bove, and Daniele Poletti. It also provides a link to Poletti's website for more info: http://web.tiscali.it/danielepoletti/corpo.htm

Crap!  I should have rechecked the inserts before posting.  Many thanks!

Balor/SS1535

I came across this post on a synth forum while searching around:

QuoteMy friend Mark Solotroff from Bloodyminded told me that Marco (Atrax Morgue) used a Sequential Circuits Six-Trak on a lot of his recordings and for the live shows he did in America. He admitted, though, that he probably used other synths as well.

Were there Atrax Morgue live shows in the US?  Unless I have somehow totally missed any reference to them, I don't think I have ever heard this before.

expectorant

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on August 11, 2023, 02:52:51 AMI came across this post on a synth forum while searching around:

QuoteMy friend Mark Solotroff from Bloodyminded told me that Marco (Atrax Morgue) used a Sequential Circuits Six-Trak on a lot of his recordings and for the live shows he did in America. He admitted, though, that he probably used other synths as well.

Were there Atrax Morgue live shows in the US?  Unless I have somehow totally missed any reference to them, I don't think I have ever heard this before.

I think this was the only one.
(click for flyer)

Also, I know that there's video footage of the show, sitting on a tape in a box somewhere. Not sure if the Atrax Morgue set is on it or not though. Hopefully it'll emerge someday as part of some kind of archival project, but who knows?

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: expectorant on August 11, 2023, 07:09:40 AM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on August 11, 2023, 02:52:51 AMI came across this post on a synth forum while searching around:

I think this was the only one.
(click for flyer)

Also, I know that there's video footage of the show, sitting on a tape in a box somewhere. Not sure if the Atrax Morgue set is on it or not though. Hopefully it'll emerge someday as part of some kind of archival project, but who knows?

Now that's some cool industrial history!

I was about to say, I hope there is video if he in fact did play.  That's pretty amazing.  Was he a touring project then?  All the clips of him are from Italy (I think). 

cosmonaut

Now that's some cool industrial history!

Was he a touring project then?  All the clips of him are from Italy (I think). 
[/quote]

I wouldn't say "a touring project", he played a handful of international shows though. He appeared as Mörder Machine in Duesseldorf, and there are two tracks from the live set here https://www.discogs.com/release/136131-Various-Noise-Transmission . Pretty sure there's no video. iirc the organizers (aka Lutz of Deafborn) recorded the whole set, but only those two tracks were released.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: cosmonaut on August 12, 2023, 03:16:02 AMNow that's some cool industrial history!

Was he a touring project then?  All the clips of him are from Italy (I think). 

QuoteI wouldn't say "a touring project", he played a handful of international shows though. He appeared as Mörder Machine in Duesseldorf, and there are two tracks from the live set here https://www.discogs.com/release/136131-Various-Noise-Transmission . Pretty sure there's no video. iirc the organizers (aka Lutz of Deafborn) recorded the whole set, but only those two tracks were released.

Nice, I will check that one out too.  I have not gotten into Mörder Machine yet, so this is doubly good.

Phenol

I think Mörder Machine is even better than Atrax Morgue (same level of sickness but more structure). Definitely recommended.

MkB

This may be useful for new(er) listeners. Its a good varied selection.

Helm (Atrax Morgue Special) for NTS 2hrs - https://www.mixcloud.com/NTSRadio/helm-1st-october-2017/
Bandcamp collection - https://bandcamp.com/m-bryce