Current 93

Started by post-morten, February 27, 2012, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

drunken surfing the Si boards and found this.
early loop based c93are still regular listens-notably nature unveiled and dogs blood...
earth covers earth and swastikas.. still entrance, though later stuff less soand swastikas is so very long ago..

bitewerksMTB

The two tracks on "Dawn" LP are excellent; "Great Black Time" and  "Maldoror Er Daudur" are on C93's bandcamp as remixes. I'd love to hear the originals again. The loops that run through the tracks have stuck in my memory all of these years. Great feedback on "G.B.T.", too.

"I'm the One" is a classic track from a classic compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnQs0BllD3c

david lloyd jones

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 20, 2017, 08:27:45 PM

The two tracks on "Dawn" LP are excellent; "Great Black Time" and  "Maldoror Er Daudur" are on C93's bandcamp as remixes. I'd love to hear the originals again. The loops that run through the tracks have stuck in my memory all of these years. Great feedback on "G.B.T.", too.

"I'm the One" is a classic track from a classic compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnQs0BllD3c

several of the 'old c93albums were reissued a few years back with remixes of the original tracks-all the same person, budgeted if I can remember who.
all good to really good as memory serves.

BlackHole

I only like the dark/ritual ambient material of Current 93. His voice is bloody awful. I even have a hard time sitting through the Death In June songs he is featured on. "Nature Unveiled", "Dogs Blood Rising", and "Faust" are all excellent albums. Creepy and disturbing stuff!

If you like his early dark ambient stuff I'd recommend the Nekrophile Records stuff like Zero Kama and Ain Soph.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

chewslife

Quote from: david lloyd jones on March 22, 2017, 07:40:13 PMseveral of the 'old c93albums were reissued a few years back with remixes of the original tracks-all the same person, budgeted if I can remember who.
all good to really good as memory serves.

Andrew Liles. They were originally available with the C93 reissues on CD but were later collected as a vinyl set. Found all of them to be quite enjoyable and brought some new life to the work after so many decades and, perhaps, improvement here and there.
https://www.discogs.com/Current-93-Like-Swallowing-Eclipses-Current-93-Dreamt-By-Andrew-Liles/master/287797

david lloyd jones

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on March 27, 2017, 01:34:48 AM

Mystical Experience

can't say as I agree here, whatever drove the lp went tits up and synths of yesteryear sound too dated at moment to be retro.

Balor/SS1535

My favorite is Lucifer Over London because it seems to blend the acoustic/folk elements of later releases with the haunting, looping atmosphere of the early work.  I think Tibet's vocals are at their best in that album as well, though the backing vocals by the various others on the album add a lot too.

I also bought a copy of Faust when I found it randomly at a record store.  A very solid concept album full of eerie atmospheres.

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: david lloyd jones on March 30, 2017, 06:24:52 PMsynths of yesteryear sound too dated at moment to be retro.

You say this like it's a bad thing.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag