Favorite Macronympha records?

Started by BARRIKAD, February 08, 2012, 10:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BARRIKAD

Beside Pittsburgh Pennsylvania!
I started to listen to Macronympha rather late actually, I buy some old and new ones evere since. It would be interesting to hear some of your favorites.

RyanWreck

1997 Metal Noise is my absolute favorite release by them. I liked parts of White Music too but I haven't heard it in a few years. This was one of the many Noise groups from the 90's that I just never got into much so I missed out on a lot, I'm sure.

Ashley Choke

Melting Softly Into Time First one I got, still my fave, even over PP

BARRIKAD

Beside the ones on Industrial Recollections I would recommend this new/old record Super Oxide.

RG

I've only heard PP and the IR reissues, but I'd say my favorite would be Amplified Humans

FreakAnimalFinland

Super Oxide is SUPER!
From IR CD's, I think Amplified Humans and Baroque are hard to judge which is better. Both absolutely essential noise CD's.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

MT

Baroque is my favorite Macronympha release. Insane action!! Excellent for relaxing too!

Dan J

I may be partial since i released it, but SUPER OXIDE is a perfect testament of the early years of Macronympha. It gives a really good overview of the different styles they did (loops, metals, scum-noise etc). Extra plus for Rodgers rough analog mastering of the material.  

standouts in their discography.
CRACK
WHITE MUSIC
PITTSBURGH, PA
INTENSIVE CARE
AMPLIFIED HUMANS
SUPER OXIDE

vinci.

WHITE MUSIC & SUPER OXIDE are awesome.
a must have for all noise fans.

trashritual

A bit of a loaded question as there was quite a few different styles to Macronympha releases so it depends on what qualities you are looking for ultimately. Pittsburgh, PA worked so well due to combination of all these seperate elements into 1 release.

As for straight up junk metal abuse with minor post session manipulations Noise Terrorism can't be beat. One side tweaked by Roemer and the other by Rodger and end result is pretty top notch. Some of this junk metal workings also made it's way into the Mother Savage side project (Big Bang Drum Theory is the staple release). Brute Force Ultimate.

If you are looking for the thick, dense walls of noise a lot of the tape material touches upon this to some degree but my favorite is the surprisingly ignored Bulk Density 2xCDR. Between the CDR format and label involved I think this one was passed on by many unfortunately and it's a damn shame as it is one of the better "post glory days" of the project. Another side project worth checking that falls into this range would be OVMN (mainly the Thirdorgan collab reissued on Industrial Recollections). MXM (unofficial collab with Monde Bruits) is another worth noting.

For cut-up perfection a lot of people swear by Amplified Humans and Baroque. Both were reissued perfectly on Industrial Recollections and showcase the more complex side behind the project. I am still on the fence regarding Baroque but when listening back I can't think of another release that sounds even close to this session by Macronympha or any other project out there. Intensive Care CD and Melting Slowly Into Time 12" LP get my vote though.

Should mention that a multiple CD box set of the early Macronympha tape releases has been in the works for quite some time and should hopefully see the light of day this year? Set will include the best of all the early tapes as well as a large amount of unreleased material, rehearsal sessions, various test mixes, etc. Currently linear notes for the set are being worked on as well as layout. Will be worth the 5 years of sweat put into it.

THE RITA HN

SPECTACLE OF RAVISHING OUR MAIDENS
AMPLIFIED HUMANS
WHITE MUSIC
split 7" w/ INCAPACITANTS

A S I T G

GRIND
MELTING SOFTLY INTO TIME
INTENSIVE CARE
SPECTACLE OF RAVISHING OUR MAIDENS
CRACK

Underrated / Overlooked:
MEMBRANES AND BLACK HOLES
their side of OBLITERATION (split w/ Government Alpha) *amazing*

A S I T G

Quote from: trashritual on February 10, 2012, 05:42:43 AM
Should mention that a multiple CD box set of the early Macronympha tape releases has been in the works for quite some time and should hopefully see the light of day this year? Set will include the best of all the early tapes as well as a large amount of unreleased material, rehearsal sessions, various test mixes, etc. Currently linear notes for the set are being worked on as well as layout. Will be worth the 5 years of sweat put into it.

Incredible news !

tisbor

Besides everybody's favorite Pittsburgh,PA:

Amplified Humans
Metal Noise
Sex and Death 7"
and i must say i enjoyed "Cut Ups, Drones And Other Wierd" on Premier Sang a lot

BARRIKAD

The multiple CD box set sounds amazing, will their be a thicker booklet/zine or anything like that to go with the sound?
Whats up with ONE DARK EYE and OVMN, why side-projects?

Love the Bananafish interview
BF: How can you guys like pussy but not dick?
Rodger: What kind of fuckin´ question´s that?