Special Interest
September 20, 2019, 02:59:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you reading  (Read 272208 times)
holy ghost
Heavy user

« Reply #765 on: September 10, 2019, 03:25:57 AM »

One of my favorite books ever, have read it a handful of times through-out my life. Have you read "Melmoth, The Wanderer"? If you enjoy Lewis' work you would certainly enjoy ol' Melmoth.

Both of these are really enjoyable. I distinctly remember especially enjoying Melmoth the Wanderer.

Currently reading “The Talisman” by Stephen King and Peter Straub. It’s okay. I wanted something not too involved.

I just read Chaos: Charles Manson, The CIA and the Secret History of the 60’s by Tom O’Neill. It was fucking great. Totally discredits Helter Skelter as a totally biased trash heap. Was great. Everyone interested in Manson should read this book.

I also read Macbeth by Jo Nesbo. It was also great. I read it at a cottage and it was totally fun, totally convoluted, and ridiculous.
BlackCavendish

« Reply #766 on: September 13, 2019, 10:54:19 PM »

Currently reading:

Archeofuturism by Guillame Faye: Some really insightful thoughts in here, especially considering the book was written in 1998. Some predictions were right, some others were wrong but nevertheless it's worth reading. But his reflections on technolgy related matters are definitely the weakes point of the book.

The three impostors by Arthur Machen: Definitely a small masterpiece by one of the best author in the weird/fantastic literature.

Consciousness is nature's nightmare.
RyanWreck
Diehard user

« Reply #767 on: September 14, 2019, 04:04:52 AM »

One of my favorite books ever, have read it a handful of times through-out my life. Have you read "Melmoth, The Wanderer"? If you enjoy Lewis' work you would certainly enjoy ol' Melmoth.

Both of these are really enjoyable. I distinctly remember especially enjoying Melmoth the Wanderer.

Have you seen the movie version of "The Monk" with Vincent Cassel? Usually I'm not a huge fan of modern directors taking on classic Gothic materials (i.e. the joke that was the 1992 Bram Stoker's "Dracula") , but they did "The Monk" exceptionally well.

Balor/SS1535

« Reply #768 on: September 16, 2019, 06:24:18 PM »

I just started reading "A Wile Sheep Chase" by Haruki Murakami today.  I just began reading his novels this summer, and have enjoyed all that I have read so far.  Anyone else like his books?
wonderland_media
moderate user

« Reply #769 on: September 17, 2019, 07:09:30 AM »

Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare by Michael A. Hoffman.
nowirehangers

« Reply #770 on: September 17, 2019, 06:04:32 PM »

I'll Be Gone In the Dark Michelle McNamara

Cocaine Nights JG Ballard

Kings County Distillery Guide to Urban Moonshining David Haskell  (This is for my job, but still a great read)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52]
  Print  

Jump to: