Special Interest
August 24, 2019, 01:02:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46]
  Print  
Author Topic: documentaries  (Read 264858 times)
Duncan
Heavy user

« Reply #675 on: July 25, 2019, 05:07:33 PM »

Watching XTC “This Is Pop” doc - fantastic stuff. I’m a recent convert to this band and really loving this. Very much a typical “rockumentary” about a totally non-typical band. Fantastic.

Great watch, especially if you’re a fan. Had some very pointless contributions from one or two interviewees not in the band but is mostly packed full of interesting stuff. Really enjoy how it charts their progress from a scrappy, choppy guitar group to a huge, overblown pop music factory. Even today they’re just hugely under appreciated in terms of songwriting and the strength of all those albums. I think this was from quitting live shows in part but also because they are inescapably over the top in their execution. Love them.
Eastern Embargo

« Reply #676 on: July 25, 2019, 10:02:09 PM »

Goodbye CP (1972)
https://vimeo.com/24199126

Kazuo Hara's essential DIY documentary portrait of adults with cerebral palsy in Japan. Hara later made The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On, which is arguably one of the best docs ever made (also available on youtube heh).
Frataxin
moderate user

« Reply #677 on: July 28, 2019, 05:22:09 AM »

Goodbye CP (1972)

Will definitely check this out.

Orozco The Embalmer (2001)

In 1996, Tsurisaki Kiyotaka, one of Japan’s most infamous death photographers, ventured into the center of Hell itself- the Rue Morgue neighborhood of Bogota, Colombia. With death and murder rampant, the corpses eventually find their way to embalmer Froilan Orozco, who has been tending the dead for over 50 years. It only makes sense the two would become acquaintances. Over the next few years Kiyotaka filmed Orozco at work, embalming everyone from murder victims to the elderly. Orozco the Embalmer (Orozco el Embalsamador) is the result, a gut wrenching look at corpses and the man who prepares them.

https://archive.org/details/Orozco.el.embalsamadorViaZoo
EXU
moderate user

« Reply #678 on: July 29, 2019, 12:15:25 AM »

Orozco The Embalmer (2001)

Damn, thanks a lot for reminding me of this one and for the link, I've read about it ages ago and totally forgot.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46]
  Print  

Jump to: