Special Interest
August 04, 2020, 10:06:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collage Art  (Read 39366 times)
sadneck
moderate user

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2020, 02:27:59 PM »

Some great stuff in here, thanks for all the links.

My own collages are pretty simple and basic, and mostly made up of faces from found photos and flowers or buildings from ol dpostcards I've collected. Here's a few if you fancy a look: https://sadneck.wordpress.com/visual/

i think you've got a good thing going.  I like this one especially.  The idea of these things in a frame at an art gallery have a certain quaintness to them that would be complimentary to eachother as a body of work in a solo showing, especially if you stuck to mainly found photos.  I personally have collected a number of found photos as "ready mades".   I just like the graininess of them, especially with amateur portraiture.  It would be interesting to see how your work evolves.  I am not good at minimalism.  I tend to be a chaotic maniac with collage and try to cram too many ideas into one piece.   

That's very kind of you, thank you. Found photos alone are great, I agree. I do some times keep some as they are.

I think my minimalist approach comes from being impatient - I want to finish things quickly and move onto something new straight away. Otherwise I get over critical and over work a piece until it becomes something that I dislike or don't feel fits in with what I'm trying to achieve. Most stuff I do enjoy of others tends to be far more chaotic than my own.
ANDROPHILIA
Diehard user

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2020, 03:54:27 PM »

Has anybody bought the Rozz Williams Art Book?  I have seen a video of someone paging through it, and it doesn't seem to have that much collage art.  I'm sure there are some decent flyers and other background info, but I guess it's a pretty penny, so I'm not sure if I'd buy it yet.   

very expensive on ebay :O

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: