Soundcloud, bandcamp ?

Started by bitewerksMTB, October 31, 2011, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrjö-Koskinen

So, I finally finished setting up something which will have to do for a bandcamp page.

https://stoascandinavia.bandcamp.com

I very much doubt I will be doing much "digital albums" and what-not, though. I can't shake the notion that the internet is for promotional purposes and/or piracy. Real men buy tapes, goshdarnit.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

AXNAAR

Posted a track from Menacing '84 - Immediate Extinction: https://soundcloud.com/alldeadtapes/menacing-84-track-4-immediate-extinction
Some other bits there that may be of interest. Wrestling with the idea of doing bandcamp and posting full albums - I feel like the internet is crap and people should buy and listen to tapes but it's also great to have access to loads of music at work. First-world problems eh.

cutter

i was thinking about bandcamp too, but i don't know if it's going to be any problem with an album arts (like a pictures of murderers or something) so here's a little question for users: what happens with the "inapropriate" (in their way) album arts? they're just deleted or there will be any legal consequences?

AXNAAR

Quote from: cutter on May 10, 2016, 01:51:59 AM
i was thinking about bandcamp too, but i don't know if it's going to be any problem with an album arts (like a pictures of murderers or something) so here's a little question for users: what happens with the "inapropriate" (in their way) album arts? they're just deleted or there will be any legal consequences?

I don't think you need to worry, they probably only pay attention if someone flags it

cr

Quote from: Dr Alex on May 06, 2016, 12:36:21 PM
p.s.no more Dead Body Collection. It's dead and gone forever!

Any special reasons to end Dead Body Collection now, if I may ask?

Dr Alex

Quote from: cr on May 15, 2016, 05:49:22 PM
Quote from: Dr Alex on May 06, 2016, 12:36:21 PM
p.s.no more Dead Body Collection. It's dead and gone forever!

Any special reasons to end Dead Body Collection now, if I may ask?

Personal reason + I think I've done too much as DBC. No need to do the same thing over and over.

Marko-V

HAZARDA BRUO SONSISTEMO: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 EP
Free download and info @ http://ikuinen-kaamos.blogspot.fi/search/label/hazarda%20bruo%20sonsistemo

calaverasgrande

Anyone have any compelling reasons to go with Soundcloud vs Bandcamp?  I'm going to run out of space on my soundcloud soon. Also I'm a bit turned off as it seems that the 'scene' on SoundCloud is heavily dance music oriented.  Not sure if I am happy to pay for the 'pro' version.
(soundcloud link in sig)

cutter

For me as I tried Bandcamp and i find it really nice, maybe it's a little hard to set things up there at the beginning but later it's nice. And yeah, Soundcloud is i can say "dancy" but last time i've seen even some breakcore things up so i think its also okay. But as a freak of album arts and generally layout i'll stay on Bandcamp

Ian

Here is a track I uploaded to my bandcamp page. All composed with iPhone recordings. I believe this is the first noise track I've ever made.

ian1.bandcamp.com

cutter

Quote from: Ian on June 01, 2016, 07:07:50 PM
Here is a track I uploaded to my bandcamp page. All composed with iPhone recordings. I believe this is the first noise track I've ever made.

ian1.bandcamp.com

looks nice, like a pneumatic hammer a little... i really didn't know that iphone is capable t odo such things

Ian

Quote from: cutter on June 01, 2016, 08:49:02 PM
Quote from: Ian on June 01, 2016, 07:07:50 PM

ian1.bandcamp.com

looks nice, like a pneumatic hammer a little... i really didn't know that iphone is capable t odo such things

A goal of mine was to make it harsh, and I think I succeeded on that front. The comparison of this to a pneumatic hammer certainly doesn't take away from that conclusion. I was at first quite surprised by the quality of iPhone recordings, but they are not as full as I'd like them to be and the files are 128 kbps, which is far from quality. So I'm seriously considering buying the Tascam DR-05 recorder to raise the standard. Thanks for checking it out.

noyearning

mankeulv.bandcamp.com

I started with soundcloud and then moved to bandcamp. For me souncloud is more for dumping demos, works in progress, out takes, etc.
Bandcamp is a nice way for people to download directly from you, instead of going through soulseek or blogs.
People who buy tapes/cds/etc. will do regardless, so you end up with the two options.

Harcamone

My new noise project. I'm sure what to classify it as? Harsh Noise, Death Industrial? I'm enjoying it immensely, regardless.

https://soundcloud.com/abigails-wound

I would like  to get more serious about promoting it and distributing it though. Suggestions?