Started by SyzmicRecords, February 08, 2010, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantastique

Quote from: parapluie on December 08, 2018, 10:05:58 PM
Quote from: absurdexposition on December 04, 2018, 04:28:44 PM
Quote from: Force Neurotic on December 04, 2018, 02:13:10 PM
Quote from: parapluie on December 04, 2018, 11:04:52 AM
Issue with Torn Light/Fantastique HQ.
The initial order is from january 2018, initial delay in delivery was caused by missing parts of the special edition of the No Dreams LP, then it went unavailable, then back in stock. Communication is not that bad but the package is just never being sent despite message saying "will send it asap".

I've had issues with Torn Light as well. Specific trade was arranged and when I got the package after delays/no communication, it didn't include what was initially agreed-upon. Finally got a message saying "Hey J., what did you end up getting?" Not really a fan of that way of doing things.

Had an issue last year that was eventually resolved and they've since stepped up their game. I order / trade with confidence now and haven't had any issues this year. Sorry to hear about your experiences. Alex checks this board, maybe this will get your issues resolved.
Got a refund from Alex this week!

Yes I was very unorganized for awhile. Numerous people from this board order regularly from Fantastique. If there is ever a issue I take care of it. Thanks for your patience parapluie!
mailorder - www.fantastiquehq.com
brick & mortar store - torn light records

whiteheatnoise

Not necessarily a rip off, but beware of Discogs user "nuncha". His name is Sergio. I don't know where he's from, but he's a complete waste of time. He has a 70% feedback rating on Discogs and wrote to see if he could order a large amount of stuff from me (I have a 90% or above feedback rating minimum). I initially told him that I would not do business with him and after some begging emails, I decided to go ahead and give him a shot. He of course ghosted after I put together his order and gave him a shipping invoice. A total of waste of time!

Antipatik

I dislike to post something here but Gaz (Gareth) from WEALTH OF ABUSE don't send me his part of trade and order since June 2016! I'm still awaiting any parcel or refund from him but nothing is arrived yet. No news since august month 2018 too.

Really disapointed!!!

Wealth Of Abuse

Quote from: Antipatik on December 24, 2018, 05:16:44 PM
I dislike to post something here but Gaz (Gareth) from WEALTH OF ABUSE don't send me his part of trade and order since June 2016! I'm still awaiting any parcel or refund from him but nothing is arrived yet. No news since august month 2018 too.

Really disapointed!!!

Will sort when I'm back in England after Xmas.

NO PART OF IT

Obskyr records is trying to sell for over $100 a collaboration between myself and Hjuler and Baer after ghosting us and not giving us copies.  He has allegedly ripped off two other people I have spoken to as well. 
A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com

Baglady

Quote from: NO PART OF IT on January 20, 2019, 11:24:42 AM
Obskyr records is trying to sell for over $100 a collaboration between myself and Hjuler and Baer after ghosting us and not giving us copies.  He has allegedly ripped off two other people I have spoken to as well.  

The way that fella sets prices is interesting overall. The VOD reissue of Changez Les Blockeurs (not the box set version) for 500€ for example. Does he expect to sell it, or is he trying to be funny?

totalblack

Quote from: Baglady on January 20, 2019, 11:33:31 AM
Obskyr records is trying to sell for over $100 a collaboration between myself and Hjuler and Baer after ghosting us and not giving us copies.  He has allegedly ripped off two other people I have spoken to as well.  

The way that fella sets prices is interesting overall. The VOD reissue of Changez Les Blockeurs (not the box set version) for 500€ for example. Does he expect to sell it, or is he trying to be funny?

probably has to do with this:

QuoteObskyr Records have released many LPs, 7"s, CDrs, CDs, cassette etc. over the last 3 years and the two first years was pretty good. We sold most our releases and the material costs was low, due to higher taxes, new restrictions from Swedish customs to shop abroaf and bad sales the last year have caused many delays and poor health to me, a lot of stress and mentally exhausted to try to rescue my 'baby' and my family. I now reach out to all of you to help me, my family, all artists signed to Obskyr Records andof course the label itself. We wish to continue to give the world more obscure audio documents and weirdness, but without your help... it is not possible... we cross our fingers and hope some of you can help Obskyr Records!
All who donate and wish to will be mentioned on Obskyr Records Twitter account with an official thanks and also be mentioned on upcoming title liner notes!

bogskaggmannen

Duncan

Oof, that's rough...Dont want to knock the fellow for his efforts but also can't understand why someone would put out such expensive and, yes, obscure stuff if they were counting on strong sales and remuneration. it's a shame it seems to have come to some shady interactions in the process. Hope that is resolved.

Theodore

Quote from: totalblack on January 20, 2019, 12:33:28 PM
probably has to do with this:

QuoteObskyr Records have released many LPs, 7"s, CDrs, CDs, cassette etc. over the last 3 years and the two first years was pretty good. We sold most our releases and the material costs was low, due to higher taxes, new restrictions from Swedish customs to shop abroaf and bad sales the last year have caused many delays and poor health to me, a lot of stress and mentally exhausted to try to rescue my 'baby' and my family. I now reach out to all of you to help me, my family, all artists signed to Obskyr Records andof course the label itself. We wish to continue to give the world more obscure audio documents and weirdness, but without your help... it is not possible... we cross our fingers and hope some of you can help Obskyr Records!
All who donate and wish to will be mentioned on Obskyr Records Twitter account with an official thanks and also be mentioned on upcoming title liner notes!

Is this -too- good -to understand- humour or running a small label of limited releases caused him mental problems indeed ? Cause this text cannot be explained otherway. If so i have the solution. Simple. Save your family, quit the label !

Mentioned on Tweet, official thanks ... !!! Hard to believe this is serious, hard to believe anything of this is serious. Must be some kind of humour, which would be OK if he doesnt rip people off.

This guy was selling Blod's 3xCDR reissue for 250, i remember.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

NO PART OF IT

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on January 20, 2019, 03:22:26 PM
Obskyr records is trying to be important.

Corrected.

I have a regular customer that went and contacted him.  He replied promptly asking for over $100.  Meanwhile he has not replied to myself or Hjuler for probably almost a year.  I am not feeling terribly sympathetic, I think he's full of shit. 
A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on January 20, 2019, 03:22:26 PM
Obskyr records is trying to be important.

Corrected.

Imagine spending your time LARPing The New Blockaders 30 years too late, and emulating the aesthetics and business practices of an alcoholic rip-off artist. SAD.

Major Carew

Re. TNB and Obskyr records selling things for insane prices:

"Imagine spending your time LARPing The New Blockaders 30 years too late, and emulating the aesthetics and business practices of an alcoholic rip-off artist. SAD."

Exactly. Imagine having THAT little to offer, it's insane, wanting to be the LARPing-fuckboy of someone like that... and that's coming from someone who made two TNB records! Sadly was too blind to see the reality of the situation at the time. Live and learn I guess...

I got a notification from Discogs the other day that one of the TNB records I did the sounds for (the split LP with VDO) being sold for £800 and £1400 respectively.I set up a notification on the 'wantlist' so I can see what kind of ridiculous prices they now go for. I just can't get my head around some of those prices. They're on Discogs now I think. I was sent one copy after over a year or two of throwing my toys out of the pram, which I don't deny by any means, and then sold for a comparatively reasonable price of about £100 or slightly less? Can't remember exactly, but compared to what they were changing hands for at the time whatever I sold it for was far cheaper.

What frustrates me with seeing these prices now is that I remember clearly at the time the guy who released the TNB / VDO record (correct me if i'm wrong, but the German guy who is currently selling that LP on Discogs now? Daniel isn't it?) telling me I had 'a bad attitude for a newcomer' for behaving in such a way towards him when I wasn't sent a copy of the records I made myself.

A bad attitude!? Really?!

I wish I had more of those stickers I thereafter stuck to any TNB LP I sold, the one of the obese bloke with his vestigial penis dribbling piss in the street. That was the best thing TNB put their name to.Whoever made those I don't know but I owe them a pint! ;)

Also got sent a link recently showing that The New Movement guy had set up some kind of GoFundMe page? I think he's trying to become the CEO of Shekel Shakers Inc. ?  

GEWALTMONOPOL

I see a pot calling a kettle black.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Leatherface