Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

collapsedhole

^yeah, beer in green glass definitely gets skunky quicker.

there are several 24oz beers available for .99 here.... course i live in a very poor, rural area. based on my expertise in terms of popularity i'd rate them as follows....

1. NATTY DADDY - 8% and 25oz, these reign supreme here.
2. LABATT ICE - 5.9%
3. FOUR-LOKO - 8%-14% ,though i guess some of these are $1.29
4. MILKWAUKEES BEST ICE - 5.9%
5. MILWAUKEES BEST - 4.8%

personally i settle for BUSCH - 4.3%, low alcohol but at $3.99 for a six-pack of pints its reasonable considering i prefer to drink a beer hourly.

collapsedhole

Natty Daddy..... i guess the name originates from it attempting to be sold as a more alcoholic version of "Natural Ice" and originally only in the 24oz cans, before Anheuser-Busch started making 25oz cans instead.

was watching 'interview w. a serial killer' featuring shawcross last night and was shocked to realize i forgot the 2nd most popular .99 cent 24oz can around here is actually GENESEE. i never buy that shit, hate it more then any other, and i see so much of it at work i must black it out after i leave.

Wakarisu

Hello. By the way, beer is addictive much faster than any other alcohol. As a result, you first drink a bottle of beer every night, and then you can't do without alcohol. I also started with beer, and it seemed that there was nothing special about drinking a little beer every night. But as a result, it became an addiction, and I almost completely ruined my life. The MNE was helped by the participants of the sober community, which I found on the Internet. Now I'm just on the way to getting rid of alcohol addiction, and it's very difficult, but I believe that I will cope with it.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Wakarisu on May 17, 2022, 03:41:15 PM
Hello. By the way, beer is addictive much faster than any other alcohol. As a result, you first drink a bottle of beer every night, and then you can't do without alcohol.

Almost like harsh noise. You start with one harmless Merzbow CD, and next thing, entire life revolves around noise and can't live without it!

For long time, I have been quite exclusively whisky guy, but out of mere curiosity, been buying few rum bottles. With whisky, it is usually blatantly clear what is good and what is ok, and price is usually according that. With rum, I can't quite get what would be the drastic differences. Once being at the rum bar and we bought the best, the most expensive, and it seemed to be just about the same as the cheapest, hah..  Now got bottle of Plantation and Negrita, which both are from lower price range. Absolutely not favorite type of alcohol, but out of curiosity, simply deciding to take something different.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Johann

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 20, 2022, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: Wakarisu on May 17, 2022, 03:41:15 PM
Hello. By the way, beer is addictive much faster than any other alcohol. As a result, you first drink a bottle of beer every night, and then you can't do without alcohol.

Almost like harsh noise. You start with one harmless Merzbow CD, and next thing, entire life revolves around noise and can't live without it!

For long time, I have been quite exclusively whisky guy, but out of mere curiosity, been buying few rum bottles. With whisky, it is usually blatantly clear what is good and what is ok, and price is usually according that. With rum, I can't quite get what would be the drastic differences. Once being at the rum bar and we bought the best, the most expensive, and it seemed to be just about the same as the cheapest, hah..  Now got bottle of Plantation and Negrita, which both are from lower price range. Absolutely not favorite type of alcohol, but out of curiosity, simply deciding to take something different.

Have you tried any of the Caribbean cask scotches? I'm open to the idea, though the price point is far to high (often times in excess of 150 usd) for me to explore. The only Rum I've personally really drank neat is barbancourt which seemed comparable to cognac. I didn't find it to be a particularly unique drink, it lacks the terroir qualities that make scotches so enjoyable, rum to me often seems like rum. Though I think it's probably best to drink in cocktails or tiki style drinks, many of which call for mixing different dark runs or combinations of lite and dark...like blending on the spot. maybe it's one of those liquors meant to be appreciated best in a drink, as opposed to a good bourbon or scotch which can be savored on its own.

Only problem with making tiki drinks and cocktails is it requires a lot more stuff, and consequently money/time. Never been to a proper tiki bar either hah

HateSermon

Top 5 favorite beers:
Guinness (draught)
Bitberger
Pilsner Urquell
Kostritzer
most Marzens

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Johann on May 20, 2022, 04:47:26 PM
Have you tried any of the Caribbean cask scotches?

Haven't tried. I tend to like peaty, smoky and brutal tasting ones the best. Anytime you got sweet tasting finish, it can be ok, but not ideal. Sherry, some sort of old wine barrel, whatever cask finish there is, they are never something I'd feel like paying a lot of extra. That said, if someone would offer caribbean cask scotch, of course I'd take one anytime.

Never been much of "cocktail drinker". I actually drank the first whisky-sour like couple months ago, and that was good one.

And talking of sour, I used to dislike sour, gose and other such odd beer styles, but these days I often buy these if there are options. In bar, glass of sour will last way longer than lager.

mk3ukr

[/quote]
tend to like peaty, smoky and brutal tasting ones the best. Anytime you got sweet tasting finish, it can be ok, but not ideal.

[/quote]

Same here, out of interest tried differerent smooth, aged whisky, they don't have "character'.
So, I keep returning to my favourite three: Laphroaig, Ardbeg and Lagavulin.

FreakAnimalFinland

Out of curiosity, I did go and buy, Irish whiskey made in rum cask. Teeling small batch bottle. Decent stuff actually. Different, and sweeter and nicer than, but also something one can actually give to friends/visitors who can't handle the peaty and smoky stuff, but need something more... ehmm.. "refreshing".

Johann

I actually also tend to stick to Islay, though also a big Talisker fan. One interesting bottle I tried recently is Bruichladdich "the classic laddie" which is pretty interesting unpeated Islay, side by side with Port Charlotte 10 year (same distillery) gives an interesting window into it.

Speaking of Sherry Cask, Ardbeg "Uigeadail" I think gives a very nice note of that while still delivering that intense smokiness. It was actually their Caribbean cask that made me aware of the style though I haven't had the opportunity to try and the price is just to much to justify. Octomore is also well worth checking out if you see it on a bar shelf, though a very expensive bottle. Wish I could afford it, but it was pretty good.

The whiskey sour is a perfect summertime drink, I can't really stomach the scotch in the summer heat. I switch to bourbon and beer, especially micheledas and cheap beer on ice haha

Jimro

Quote from: Levas on September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM
So there's a topic about food, but not about alcohol. I think it should be here too

What's up, Finland? 4.7 is strong beer?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/08/finland-alcohol-idUSL5E7K648H20110908

I'm a beer man and for me, 4.7 is definitely not a strong beer. Miller Fortune (6.90%) is the best!
About zodiac signs - Aries personality traits