Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

collapsedhole

i run a can/bottle redemtion center and dude cashed in 5,000 bottles of Bud Light this afternoon, paid him $300... impressive is that he does this about every 4 months for the last 2 years.

XXX

Quote from: collapsedhole on March 29, 2018, 03:45:24 AM
i run a can/bottle redemtion center and dude cashed in 5,000 bottles of Bud Light this afternoon, paid him $300... impressive is that he does this about every 4 months for the last 2 years.

cares not for "green" lifestyle. just needs the cash back for more swill! a man after my own heart.

WhiteWarlock

found an old Rasputin tshirt for $2 or $3 at thriftstore
yet personally prefer
Hacker-Pschorr
Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

bitewerksMTB

Best Damn Root Beer is bloody fucking awful & Founders Porter is decent as it seems that  porter is basically a weaker stout.

david lloyd jones

re:porter,
an old drink which some brewers called stout porter to denote theirs being stronger, eventually shortening to just stout.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: collapsedhole on March 29, 2018, 03:45:24 AM

Heroes still walk among us. Does he have the build and character to down over a thousand beers (or whatever you want to call Bud Light) per month, or could there be some other explanation? An avid Bud Light can collector, losing interest every four months only to have it rekindle almost immediately, perhaps?
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

Johann

@stoa

If your interested in the idea of fruits and veggies in beer and like IPA, there was a 9% IPA at the bar I used to work at and the barback put an orange slice in it as a joke and brought it back to me, it made it even better. In fact I regularly drank them like that for months after.

XXX

i enjoy beet juice in beer for a morning time treat. grapefruit juice works as well.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Johann on May 04, 2018, 03:37:43 AM
@stoa

If your interested in the idea of fruits and veggies in beer and like IPA, there was a 9% IPA at the bar I used to work at and the barback put an orange slice in it as a joke and brought it back to me, it made it even better. In fact I regularly drank them like that for months after.

That might actually be something worth trying out. With or without peel?

collapsedhole

Quote from: Stoa on April 22, 2018, 08:31:53 PM
Heroes still walk among us. Does he have the build and character to down over a thousand beers (or whatever you want to call Bud Light) per month, or could there be some other explanation? An avid Bud Light can collector, losing interest every four months only to have it rekindle almost immediately, perhaps?

mid-40's in age, about 160 lbs, unemployed, wearing a gray sweatshirt with "mr. asshole" written in marker on the front, driving a questionably road legal truck with bumper sticker stating "i'd rather eat shit than drive a jap truck" ....so yeah, i'd say he fits the build of the several 30 beers a day guys i see on a regular basis.

his alcoholism could possibly be dwarfed by a 250lb younger guy who this weekend cashed in 3,000 24oz four-loko cans, proudly proclaiming it only took him 6 months to drink them all. could be true since he finished 2 more in the parking lot while waiting for us to count them up.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: collapsedhole on May 08, 2018, 02:04:51 PM
Quote from: Stoa on April 22, 2018, 08:31:53 PM

mid-40's in age, about 160 lbs, unemployed, wearing a gray sweatshirt with "mr. asshole" written in marker on the front, driving a questionably road legal truck with bumper sticker stating "i'd rather eat shit than drive a jap truck" ....so yeah, i'd say he fits the build of the several 30 beers a day guys i see on a regular basis.

his alcoholism could possibly be dwarfed by a 250lb younger guy who this weekend cashed in 3,000 24oz four-loko cans, proudly proclaiming it only took him 6 months to drink them all. could be true since he finished 2 more in the parking lot while waiting for us to count them up.

"Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are."
― Markus Zusak

I truly envy your line of work, even though I have some sound and beautiful people in my life as well.

collapsedhole

good quote, but lemme tell ya, theres nothing enviable about tossing around 3,000 24oz. cans filled with chewing tobacco spit.

the only thing that is possibly enviable about my job is with thousands of empties around, noone can tell if one is full so i can drink all i want while at work.

XXX

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 08, 2018, 10:24:13 PM
I take that 'four loko' is not a local craft beer?

the shit started out as an alcoholic energy drink but they had to take the caffeine out because people were having heart palpitations or some such shit. now its just fruit punch malt liquor. true garbage.

collapsedhole

it is horrible stuff that costs $1 and tastes like boiled faygo cola or cough syrup depending on flavor but with 12-14% alcohol content.

XXX

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 13, 2018, 12:06:51 AM
$1!

The cheapest beer I've noticed was a 24 oz can of something that was $1.47 or $1.27 at a grocery store. I didn't pay close enough attention to what it was.

Rolling Rock sixers are just under $5, I haven't had it in a really long time but comments online seem like it's gone downhill. I use to buy it regularly but stopped for some
reason.

i find beer in green bottles goes stale very quickly. canned beer with matte printing seems to keep the longest. p sure it has something to do w the amount of light that can get into the beer? any experts feel free to correct me.