Previous topic - Next topic

Fanalstatt

Golden Purifier - Walpurgisopfer

Best tape of 2022.

expectorant

Quote from: Femeheim on December 14, 2022, 03:09:34 PM
Golden Purifier - Walpurgisopfer

Best tape of 2022.

Agreed. Phantasmagoric post-mortem industrial executed with razor-sharp refinement. My most listened to tape of the year, by far.

AdamLehrerImageMaker

Rotat - Disfigured Onanist (something about this one really engaged me in a year where my interests and listening habits were pretty disconnected from my noise habit, somehow a classic work of Finnish filth harsh noise that also has some of the surrealisms and degenerate weirdness of your junk noise classics, Smell and Quim and Slicing Grandpa and the likes - good)

Grunt - Hekhu (love how the track o-rengas sounds like two noise tracks at two different frequencies played over one another, like a tug of war between sheer chaos and something more meditative and strange)

Golden Purifier - Walpurgisopfer (ketamine atmospherics, hypnotic, saw Paul play a couple times this year and he ripped)

Network Glass and Jason Crumer - Prerequisite (randomly ordered this off bandcamp after being struck by the odd pairing of artists and was very pleasantly surprised, tons going on sonically and nothing sounds too jarring, it's well edited and at times skull numbing heavy)

Green Lawnmower Blood - The Peace of a Virtual Reality (my favorite dom release this year, love the lawnmower man, loved the cybernetic heaviness of this, weird shit, don't know what to say)

Masonna/Prurient - Anhilationism (annihilating indeed)

Star - Yutris (came out last year but fuck it Sam is my homie and his recent show sort of reinvigorated my enthusiasm for this thing as an art form, truly weird idiosyncratic and expressionistic stuff)

Slacking - Cycling through Bother and Bliss (hallucinatory noise)

AdamLehrerImageMaker

One more that I forgot, Mindfold's CDR for Prose Nagge. Again these guys are friends but I love what they're doing. It's like abstract PE, breathing new life into the genre.

Quote from: AdamLehrerImageMaker on December 14, 2022, 11:08:01 PM
Rotat - Disfigured Onanist (something about this one really engaged me in a year where my interests and listening habits were pretty disconnected from my noise habit, somehow a classic work of Finnish filth harsh noise that also has some of the surrealisms and degenerate weirdness of your junk noise classics, Smell and Quim and Slicing Grandpa and the likes - good)

Grunt - Hekhu (love how the track o-rengas sounds like two noise tracks at two different frequencies played over one another, like a tug of war between sheer chaos and something more meditative and strange)

Golden Purifier - Walpurgisopfer (ketamine atmospherics, hypnotic, saw Paul play a couple times this year and he ripped)

Network Glass and Jason Crumer - Prerequisite (randomly ordered this off bandcamp after being struck by the odd pairing of artists and was very pleasantly surprised, tons going on sonically and nothing sounds too jarring, it's well edited and at times skull numbing heavy)

Green Lawnmower Blood - The Peace of a Virtual Reality (my favorite dom release this year, love the lawnmower man, loved the cybernetic heaviness of this, weird shit, don't know what to say)

Masonna/Prurient - Anhilationism (annihilating indeed)

Star - Yutris (came out last year but fuck it Sam is my homie and his recent show sort of reinvigorated my enthusiasm for this thing as an art form, truly weird idiosyncratic and expressionistic stuff)

Slacking - Cycling through Bother and Bliss (hallucinatory noise)

New Forces

Much of my excitement was focused on:

Incipientium
Kyle Flanagan
Organ of Corti
Blind Date
Amateur Hour

And a handful of great reissues, including Monde Bruits, Government Alpha, Surface of the Earth, Hijokaidan / Incapacitants...
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

Yvette

Puce Mary - You Must Have Been Dreaming

Completely slept on by "format fetishists"

should probably make 10 more screen names so I can continue agreeing with myself and promoting my shell companies.

impulse manslaughter

A few favorites, not all noise..

Organ of Corti - Auras & Incus/Malleus 7" (discovery of the year for me)
Incapacitants - As Lous as Possible (reissue, favorite harsh noise release of the year)
Vincent Dalles - various cassettes, all good
Genocide Organ - Attitude Ethics (missed the physical tape, but great old school pe)
Secret Apex (reissue, new discovery for me)
Joe Colley - Deformation Of Tone
Violent Shogun - Brittle
Merzbow - Flesh Metal Orgasm (reissue)
Tenka - Hydration (ambient, perfect for hiking)
Henning Christiansen – Op. 163 Penthesilea
Lucrecia Dalt - ¡Ay! (exp. pop, different form the earlier more abstract albums)
Astrid Øster Mortensen - Skærsgårdslyd
Kali Malone - Living Torch (layered drones)
Tyrant 7" (punk, oi)

Still have to track down the new Self Abuse 7"s..

V.T.R

Quote from: New Forces on December 14, 2022, 11:42:57 PM
Much of my excitement was focused on:

Incipientium
Organ of Corti

Both Incipientium releases this year were really good indeed! Organ of Corti was good, but I kind of forgot the whole thing because I stuffed that in my cd shelve after first couple of listens... Need to listen it again asap.

I also forgot to include Rotat: Disfigured onanist for my list. Sleazier side of harsh noise just the way I like it and Rotat is one of my favourite Finnish projects overall at the moment.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Yvette on December 15, 2022, 12:28:58 AM
Puce Mary - You Must Have Been Dreaming
Completely slept on by "format fetishists"

Maybe, but I know that there was A LOT who wanted to get new PM stuff, myself included.Not slept on it by purpose, but spent unusual amount of effort and almost got it, but didn't. So yeah, I have not heard of the stuff yet. Maybe one day, if reissue is being done. Not in hurry. I do not need to rush after every file out there in internet. Have time to wait that actual release, actual album is in my hands.

A lot of releases are seemingly slept on. I have yet to get some of Altar of Flies CD's that came out. Organ of Conti CD just arrived, not yet listened. They could be on top list, but are not yet as I have not heard. Still couple weeks more to go of 2022 and I know there are still bunch of interesting releases to come.

How I see "best of 2022" type lists, it is not the objective and all inclusive thing, but based exactly on personal scope. Out of things you heard, out of things you even known to exist. Some guys most likely didn't buy single item this year, but got piles of stuff in trade or such. I'd be curious what is best of those instead of dozen people voting for obvious thing like Nekrophile box or Merzbow "noisembryo" reissue. As great as they are, and welcomed on list, of course. But lets say like PAIN APPENDIX tape making to few lists here. And every guy who bought it and I talked to, praised it.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

andy vomit

some favorites:

Crawl Of Time - There Are No Prayers My Tongue Can Utter That Could Do More Harm To You Than What You Will Eventually Do To Yourself (Cloister Recordings)
Human Larvae - Pure Sex (Freak Animal)
The Sun - The Loss Of One (Total Black)
Agonal Breathing - Blessed Are Those Who Mourn (No Rent)
Dead Boomers - Aspen Liberals (Cipher Productions)
Misery Engine - Shahadat (Black Artifact)
Golden Purifier - II (Fieldwork)
Agonal Lust/Serration - Like A Knife (Cloister Recordings)

thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Eloy

New releases:
Blind Date - Thank You (Usagi)
Corral Shut - Ramshackle (Satatuhatta)
Kjostad - Music For Organic Performance (New Forces)
Lettera 22 - Exposition Of Clove (Nashazphone)
Mold - Mold (Satatuhatta)
Spate - Dogmono (Sinkhole Entertainment)

Reissues:
Hands To - Bio Electric (New Forces)
Macronympha - Ultimate Vibrator (Usagi)
Masonna - Masonna Vs. Bananamara (Urashima)
Merzbow - Flesh Metal Orgasm (Old Europa Cafe)
Monde Bruits - Tapes 1991-1994 (Audio Dissection / Industrial Recollections)
Incapacitants - As Loud As Possible (Total Black)

Best label: Usagi

Warfare Noise

Pretty miserable year, hard pressed to think of anything more than Green Lawnmower Blood, The Flea Circus and the Spate disc. If I didn't limit myself to one per label, Hospital had a few more this year that would rank.

Tribe Tapes

Best noise-adjacent releases of the year, no real order...

T.D. - Nothing New Under The Sun CS (The Gift Of Music)
Marlon Rohl - Twice The Ice CS (Self-released)
Deep Grey - Self-Healing Transformation Seminar CS (Focus Media)
Hand & Knee - Cait Sith CS (Detachment Programs)
Slacking - Cycling Through Bother & Bliss CD (Prose Nagge)
Thom Elliott - Desperate Living CS (Pleasure Dome Tapes)
Scathing - Blind Nectar Consumption CS (Satatuhatta)
Ineffable Slime - Blasted Reception CS (Self-released)
Mallard Theory - Muscovy Supremacy CS (Fusty Cunt)
Drunk Transaction - Untitled CS (Self-released)

Bacteriafield

I have to admit 2022 hasn't been a year of noise for me ...... but still here I am.

Some I'd consider best of of 2022 are

Oswald Resurrection – United States Of Autopsy
This is Dom and Trevor ward. 5 cassette release for 40 bucks. A "shitty" old tape feel that has all the charm of the old grey wolves cassettes. Each tape starts off with a abstract sample barrage then follows with the old washed out strength through awareness feel. Vocals and noises. I appreciated its consistency and listened to all 5 in one sitting. Seems like a tribute or just keeping the grey wolves spirit  alive which is very welcomed.

IOPS - Various – Long Live The Death Of Video
Gave me some nasty shit I needed. Was a gift from Mikko, thank you. Especially liked the BU shitlover's track. Left me wanting to buy the grunt IOPS cd...

Lussuria murder 7" was memorable. More beat based atmospheric (per usual). My review will admittedly  give no justice. It was the first murder series I've thrown on the turn table in years and that gave me a nostalgic rush. It felt great. Made me pull out all the oldies. Thanks Pat.

Noise wise this year I'll leave it at that.

Strangecross

Анатолий Грюх – Грюх
Systemic Sewage – Hyper-Mechanization Of The Hairless Ape

In general discovering tribe tapes, not really a specific release but just the fact that he is doing such a great job.

Yellow Gas Flames live in Nashville- have not felt this way about a noise set since I was in Highschool.

Really need to get Grunt-Hehku, if anyone can direct me to a USA source.