Special Interest
December 07, 2022, 05:58:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GIALLO FILMS  (Read 1104 times)
Balor/SS1535
Diehard user

« on: August 07, 2022, 08:26:41 PM »

I had thought there was a dedicated Giallo thread here, but a search turned up nothing.

I have spent a good portion of the summer exploring the movies of Dario Argento (favorites have been Susperia and Four Flies on Grey Velvet), and I have enjoyed the atmosphere, music, and visuals greatly.  I saw one Bava anthology movie in the past (Black Sabbath), so I know that I need to explore him next, especially Blood and Black Lace--along with Lucio Fulci.

What Giallo films are your favorites?  Now that I have seen many of Argento's early works, where should I go next?
FallOfNature
Heavy user

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 08:28:40 AM »

Not a huge genre fan but a definite dabbler. As you mentioned - Bava is a great next step, and I'm probably a bigger fan of his than I am of Dario.

Also recommended;
Torso
All The Colours of the Dark
Lizard In A Woman's Skin
Strip Nude For Your Killer
Black Belly of the Tarantula
Seven Blood Stained Orchids

Blue Underground / 88 / Shameless Entertainment have made all of these in decent editions.
Phenol

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 11:21:58 AM »

Watched this recently and enjoyed it a lot: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074287/

Cool giallo film from a director who is not primarily known for that type of movies.
Balor/SS1535
Diehard user

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 08:35:06 PM »

Thank you both, I will look into these.
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 06:45:38 PM »

Giallo films are great- nave a couple of hundred, but miss the way the Italian film industry worked.
Many actors and directors were hired hands and worked for the money.
You will find better long term enjoyment looking for  different types of films from familiar names.
Lenzi- mostly known for zombie/cannibal films did great giallos with actress carolle  Baker and later with crime thrillers.
As a cheeky aside, check the names of Richard ramirez projects in 90's for giallo
Don't know where you are based but look at shameless, 88 films, severin films for good giallo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: