texture - performance oriented drone generator

Started by pangrus, June 28, 2022, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pangrus

Hi everybody,
let me introduce you to texture, my latest sound device.

https://youtu.be/jc1yOkv7rcI

texture is a device that incorporates three independent sound generators for the production of a wide variety of sonic environments with a ever changing expressive vitality. All sound parameters can be modified through direct manipulation of the knobs allowing a direct, fast and intuitive performance. The sound generators have complementary tonal characteristic and their circuits can be customized easily, by changing the electronic components values that affect the frequency of the oscillators and the cut-off frequency of the passive filters. The circuit derives directly from Kinetik Laboratories' Protean, a powerful drone sound generator.
texture is divided in three sections: Cluster, Ring and Chaos.
Cluster is composed by three frequency controlled oscillators. It allows the creation of eternally sustained chords and clusters of microtonal intervals.
In the Ring section the signal from the center oscillator is processed by two pseudo-ring modulation circuits with the other two oscillators. Adjustments of the oscillator pitches result in evocative and constantly changing textures, bell-like or otherwise metallic sounds.
Chaos is formed by three oscillators in cross-modulation. Its sonic character far exceeds the typical white and pink noise sources. Tuning the oscillator pitches allows timbral metamorphosis and complex variations in tone and sound granularity.

Each section has a level knob to mix the three voices.
The circuit is powered on a 2.1mm barrel jack, center negative, like your favourite pedal effect.

texture is available on Tindie: https://www.tindie.com/products/pangrus/texture-drone-generator/

U235

Hello,
It's not bad at all, very subtle. I think it must be quite suitable for doing Death Industrial rather than Harshnoise. The chaos mode reminded me of some of the sounds of the aggressive Electro-Lobotomy drones.
Congratulations on this machine!

pangrus

Thanks!
Yes, it's more a drone machine but I bet it can create a poweful harsh noise wall in a distorsion pedal chain.

Anyway, a second batch of texture is ready!