Keiji Haino / Fushitsusha / and everything else Haino related

Started by cr, April 26, 2022, 06:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chryptusrecords

one of my favorites from Haino is the scarce project called NIJIUMU, not the Haino album of the same name but the full band with Nanjo from La Musica. The album "Era of Sad Wings" is incredible, quiet and dismal music, the sort of stuff that suffers from getting lumped in with "dark ambient," closer to the so-called "isolationism" of that time period.

Bloated Slutbag

This should definitely be linked to the PSF thread, but that's Zeno's niche not mine so...

Quote from: chryptusrecords on January 18, 2023, 09:52:27 PM
one of my favorites from Haino is the scarce project called NIJIUMU, not the Haino album of the same name but the full band with Nanjo from La Musica. The album "Era of Sad Wings" is incredible, quiet and dismal music, the sort of stuff that suffers from getting lumped in with "dark ambient," closer to the so-called "isolationism" of that time period.

Agreed a very good project and getting lumped in with dark ambient maybe because there isn't quite a specific genre for more plainly acoustic-string-driven ambient spirals that sometimes court vague ritual flavors and sometimes court ill-repentant grating industrial strains, if at muted remove. Which could describe a good chunk of the Haino and PSF adjacent.

Was sorta pondering this just the other day when I randomly pulled out the Blazen Y Sharp tape on Self Abuse. Would I think snugly fit the "genre". And by snugly I mean, "done right".
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag