Special Interest
December 08, 2022, 09:17:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.  (Read 1498707 times)
Atrophist
user

« Reply #3285 on: November 24, 2022, 10:47:01 PM »

I also went to see Terrifier 2 at the local movie festival. Everyone's praising it but it's boring as fuck. Art the Clown would be a great villain, but I feel it's wasted in this franchise. The comic book violence doesn't work very well because there is no build-up, no tension, no characters, shitty plot and overall bad direction and the movie is one hour too long.

There were many things that Terrifier 2 does right imo. Against all expectations Art’s character is great, and it has one of the best final girls in slasher movies in general. And there is a general sense of seediness and absurdity that very few horror movies manage to pull off. The deliberately (??) bad looking gore effects didn’t work for me.

I also enjoyed the band posters in the main character’s little brother’s room. Most of the members in the bands are old enough to have grandkids his age. :D
Atrophist
user

« Reply #3286 on: December 05, 2022, 09:38:10 PM »

Watched Tár theother day. Went into it almost completely blind, the only thing I knew was that it dealt with classical music and Mahler (whose music I love) would be one of the composers featured. I was prepared for the usual tale of a woman effortlessly outdoing all those dumb white men on every front. Whatever this film is, it’s not that. The film is almost three hours long and I spent much of the first hour wondering, what the hell is going on in this movie? Even after the main plot emerges, there are still plenty of wtf moments. I rarely re-watch films so soon, but this one is going to have to be an exception. Not everything works, but in a film that is this long and ambitious that’s to be expected really. I’d recommend this to anyone in our milieu.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 09:40:36 PM by Atrophist » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220]
  Print  

Jump to: