Southamerican Noise Violence

Started by no_baizuo_allowed, January 10, 2022, 10:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_baizuo_allowed

Just checked out this comp and thought it was a great representation with strong concept
https://bizarresdigitalantientertainment.bandcamp.com/album/va-southamerican-noise-violence-vol-1-salvaje-violencia-compilation-album-2022
"SNV series was conceived as a reaction to the extreme violence we lived in. Southamerican extreme bands representing their countries: Chile, Argentina, Peru, Brazil, Colombia, and Ecuador."
-To add to that, as a general topic, Armenia had an LP and split 7" out last year which is big news. (I was told that the LP's title "Necropolis" was in reference to the bodies littering the streets of Ecuador during the first coronavirus wave. Again, great "concept" if you can call it that.)
-Ayatollah is a particularly good project that is always worth keeping an eye on.
-Going further: there's a lot of activity in central America; Comandancia/Homicidal Noise Records, for example, are just on another level entirely.

-Suggestions for overlooked projects to check out? Thoughts in general on South & Centralamerican noise violence? Is the sub-USA scene underappreciated?
⚠️不允许白左⚠️ https://novichoklabel.blogspot.com/

no_baizuo_allowed

This is long before Discogs: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/eyewitness-account-pinochets-coup-45-years-ago-180970241/
Quote"I hid my own pile of LPs by left-leaning musical groups such as Quilapayún and Inti-Illimani in the attic of a house in the coastal town of Viña del Mar."
One could get disappeared over their record collection.
Better stock up on power electronics LPs so nobody thinks you listen to Quilapayún and Inti-Illimani.
~
What are the best latin noise & p.e. projects currently active?

Into_The_Void

I´m pretty interested in all extreme music coming from South America (especially Metal) - this compilation sounds interesting, soundwise is nothing "stunning", but reflects pretty good the overall violent and harsh aura that belongs to the south American extreme music most of the times. Interesting, thanks for sharing it.
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)

Eigen Bast

Sodomy from Beyond from MX are good
https://sodomyfrombeyond.bandcamp.com/

(well duh, MX is North America..but I'll leave it here lol)

OMM

Interesting article, from a foreign view. In the rural zones the tradition still is hot, not as the old days, because the modern era is implacable, but in some places you could find that people. Sadly, in all south american the coups were interfered and orchestrated by the yankees pigs, specially the CIA, instilling their capitalist to abolish the origin people traditions, ruin the local economy and corrupt the political system.

Anyway, you couldn't find some interesting labels/projects (from a "evil" or "sick" view) here, because the scene is very young and most are focused on social themes or simply in whatever (like the projects in that comp). Maybe I could recommend "Total death propaganda" from Chile. Is not 100% focused on noise, but their energy is really sick. Vintras was a good industrial project, like GO and a swedish touch... And of course my label OMM hehe. Maybe there exist others in the utter underground, but at least not in Chile.
To the southamerican old and new metal scene, there aren't words; you can find a neverending list of sick bands.

no_baizuo_allowed

expanded topic: latin American noise violence

Was just listening to Crawl of Time, and it occurred to me that what I previously thought to be 'self-indulgent' themes, I have had a change of mind and am starting to see CoT and all acts pushing gang/narco trafficking themes as possibly inspired or somewhat motivated by Genocide Organ's related releases. Starting with Obituary of the America's; and followed by the series of ultra-limited U.S. tour cassettes.
CoT sonically comparable at times to GO but then there's a whole lot of other harsh noise acts with cartel violence-related themes to be active presently. Did they all crop up around the same time...or are there other possible influences I am overlooking?

Verkhaner

Quote from: no_baizuo_allowed on February 19, 2022, 09:51:11 PM
expanded topic: latin American noise violence

So, I guess Vulgar Disease could also deserve a mention here? Very brutal and crude PE, heavily inspired by some of the darker aspects of modern hispanic culture, like Alarma! Magazine

Balor/SS1535

Carbonized Organs from Mexico seems to be quite prolific (in terms of both noise/pe releases and collage art).  Purity of Wrong, also from Mexico, is another one worth checking out.

HateSermon

+1 for Carbonized Organs. Dude is always up to something. I did a split with him not too long ago, pleasure to work with. And it seems like he's always doing things for himself and not really influenced by others. Respect for that.

FallOfNature

Got to put my hand up for Carbonized Organs and Mr Davila with his many, many projects too. Sodomy From Beyond probably being the most notable, who consistently improves with every release.

I've worked with both on different things (still am), both were professional and totally dedicated. The releases are top notch too if depraved, violent filth is your thing. The SFB tape on Nil By Mouth is one of my favourite tapes of the last few years.

Related labels Modern Decadence and Hiroshima Dust are consistently pumping out good tapes.

OMM prod, I forget where they're located but I'm certain it's Latin America. Great releases with OTT packaging and imagery. Nasty and mean spirited as it gets. Algor Mortis tape really struck a chord with me.

Homicidal Noise had an alright thing going too. I'm not sure what his current label is called or if he's active under that banner or not still. Either him or one of his friends had a related label going making Vaginal Jesus hoodies too, I guess anything goes around those parts

Stipsi

I worked with carbonized organs and he is a cool, dedicated and serious guy.
Hiroshima dust, modern decadence and omm are great labels.
South American noise is pretty tasty if you are searching filthy stuff
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

nezalezhnye

I was just enjoying the relatively new God Pussy CD on L. WHITE Records, and it occurred to me that in south america they likely still see antifa in a 'classic' 90s crust way, where one might call police and govt corruption 'fascist'. Fundamentally different to what the decadent West knows antifa as (intersectionality, cultural Marxism). Anyway, great CD that gave me a great new perception! It's an expert mix of throbbing, higher pitched oscillating tones (at least after the intro) and more bass-heavy carnage that sounds like a blast furnace. Plenty of diversity in textures right accross it though. Good stuff.

morbid_dyspepsia

GOD PUSSY is pretty raw and filthy.

Not noise but "S.A. under metal" has always been amazing and goes well beyond the bigger bands SEPULTURA, SARCOFAGO, MYSTIFIER, etc.

nezalezhnye

RIP Julio Ardón
ᛉ1973  2019ᛣ
Of El Salvador
Noise projects:
PUBIC ARSON
Discography
-"Bizarre Sadomaso Slave" C-54 (on Noise For The Nation, 2013)
-"Pubic Arson" CD-R (Repulvise Evil Records, 2014)

Cranial Blast

Quote from: Into_The_Void on January 14, 2022, 09:06:04 PMI´m pretty interested in all extreme music coming from South America (especially Metal) - this compilation sounds interesting, soundwise is nothing "stunning", but reflects pretty good the overall violent and harsh aura that belongs to the south American extreme music most of the times. Interesting, thanks for sharing it.

Especially when it comes to the likes of cult bands thrash/black metal bands like Whipstriker or Power From Hell, they definitely carry a torch for underground Satanic decadence, which the region definitely needs a continuation from after the masters before them like Sarcofago, Holocausto and ect.