two new releases: Aube and Ashtray Navigations

Started by cheeses, November 17, 2021, 07:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheeses

Two new releases from Cheeses International available now:

CI13 Aube - hydrophobia 1993 LP £17
(previously unreleased material from 1993, being a remix of his very first cassette release on Vanilla. Remastered by Phil Julian with cover artwork designed by Abby Helasdottir based on visuals supplied by Akifumi Nakajima. Full permission has been received for this to be released. One-sided LP on blue vinyl in an edition of 319)

CI16 Ashtray Navigations - cabin exterior CD £10
(a new album from Phil Todd's well established project. In Phil's words: "a largely rockless voyage into electroacoustic juxtapositions, feeled recordings and trippy noises, that kind of thing. Think this one is beaut". packaged in a full colour digipak in an edition of 300)

Wholesale rates available, all enquiries to:
steve.onomatopoeia@hotmail.co.uk

New online store coming soon.

moozz

Quote from: cheeses on November 17, 2021, 07:15:58 PM
CI13 Aube - hydrophobia 1993 LP £17
(previously unreleased material from 1993, being a remix of his very first cassette release on Vanilla. Remastered by Phil Julian with cover artwork designed by Abby Helasdottir based on visuals supplied by Akifumi Nakajima. Full permission has been received for this to be released. One-sided LP on blue vinyl in an edition of 319)

Unreleased Aube is always welcome! Was this remixed by Akifumi already in 1993 or what's the story behind the release? I hope it is not just the cassette material shortened to fit one side of a 12" :)
I still find his water releases the best so really looking forward to this one!

cheeses

Quote from: moozz on November 17, 2021, 11:07:53 PM
Unreleased Aube is always welcome! Was this remixed by Akifumi already in 1993 or what's the story behind the release? I hope it is not just the cassette material shortened to fit one side of a 12" :)
I still find his water releases the best so really looking forward to this one!

Originally, the plan was to re-release the Hydrophobia tape as a CD, this was around 2001-2. When Akifumi came back to me he said the tape was only a one-sided C-30, so he sent me the remix he did of the piece from 1993 that he never released, to make it a better length for a CD. He titled the original piece Hydrophobia 1991 and the remix Hydrophobia 1993 and sent me the artwork for the CD. A little while after this I decided to stop Cheeses Int., so the project was shelved. Last year I restarted my activities but as Akifumi had sadly died in the interim I thought that it would never see the light of day. However, as a few labels were re-releasing Aube material I investigated and found the guy to ask for permission and he said yes. As the original Vanilla cassette is still available, I decided to release just the 1993 piece. I'm pleased to put it out in the end. My only regret is that Akifumi isn't here to see it.