WHITE CENTIPEDE NOISE PODCAST

Started by WCN, October 18, 2021, 11:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WCN

OUT NOW!
EPISODE #1 - Ilkka Vekka of HAARE
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6dcTRiWDE
Audio only: https://whitecentipedenoise.buzzsprout.com/ (will be available on all major platforms by tomorrow)

White Centipede Noise has launched a podcast, with emphasis on video interviews with a wide range of artists, labels, and individuals close to WCN, and will be published on YouTube, as well as all major podcast platforms. The vision is to follow the invaluable tradition of written zine interviews as a means to spread and archive vital underground information, but using the modern format of video/"podcasts" to expand the limitations of written interviews, allowing personality and spontaneity to flourish. I think as fanatics of such a niche genre of music, it's quite rare that most of us are able to have in depth face-to-face conversations with others who share this passion equally, and when we are able to do so, it usually has lasting meaning. I hope to be able to capture and share the significance of such exchanges through these interviews, while remaining focused on the information the guest has to offer.

1 hour+ episodes will be posted bi-monthly. There will be no paywall for content, so it will be free and remain free for all to listen to.

Episode #2 coming in 2 weeks, featuring Erik Nystrand of CAPERS / VMS ELIT / TEAM BORO TAPES etc.
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

absurdexposition

Great format and content. Looking forward to more. Nice work, Oskar!
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Theodore

Yeah, i enjoyed it. Well done ! Since this is only the beginning, cant wait for what's next. Yes, written interviews are invaluable. These 'live' ones are something fresh. Now i tasted it, i want more. Works better than 'radio' podcasts -for me- , 'radio' doesnt keep me to listen, this does . I guess face matters [?] .

There is an obstacle i can think of though. Compared to written interviews. Two actualy. I guess there will be people that maybe reject interview request cause they wouldnt want their face on TV. Also others may be not as good in english oral communication compared to written form. But these are problems for the very far future. Till then, keep up ! And thanks !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

NerveGas

Great first episode. Excited for more. Haare spent a lot of time in my tape deck during the early months of the pandemic so I'm happy to have this content available.
MAGNETIC IRRITATION RECORDINGS

WEBSTORE - www.magneticirritation.com
CONTACT - magneticirritation@gmail.com

FreakAnimalFinland

Wrote this in FA fb page:
Very nice addition to noise podcasts. White Centipede Noise podcast #1 acknowledges the 20+ years old drone-noise master HAARE. During this episode Vekka is name dropping some Finns that global noise scene may have not heard of. Oskar concludes that names of many new Finnish bands are so odd and difficult, that one can't really remember them.
I guess that the names are not Ahlzagailzehguh, Metgumbnerbone and Infektionsabteilung -type of difficult to pronounce or remember. It is true, that a lot of names that doesn't seem to make sense or mean anything. In this episode Haare talks about meaning of his band name and a lot of other things.
All Freak Animal's HAARE CD's are soon to be sold out, and the Industrial Recollections Haare 6xCD box set also couple dozen remains! Don't be late. Freak Animal has been drumming the greatness of Haare for couple decades, but it seems that his work now growingly more appreciated. When pressings are gone, they are gone.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

W.K.

Great news, another noise podcast! The more the better, and now we can also have some EU noise talks and interviews! All hails to WCN!
Straight murkin' riddim blud, absolute vile gash

W.K.

Quote from: Theodore on October 19, 2021, 04:40:52 AM
There is an obstacle i can think of though. Compared to written interviews. Two actualy. I guess there will be people that maybe reject interview request cause they wouldnt want their face on TV. Also others may be not as good in english oral communication compared to written form. But these are problems for the very far future. Till then, keep up ! And thanks !

I'm not WCN so I can't speak for him, but if someone doesn't want to show its face it could be omitted by showing art, tapes, releases, gear etc. and still have a good 'video'?

Also personally, how much as I like to read magazines and written interviews, for me I really like to hear the voice of the artist itself in stead of reading an interview but still have my own voice attached to it. If that makes any sense.

Straight murkin' riddim blud, absolute vile gash

Soloman Tump

This is great, thank you for starting this project up.  I did not know much about Haare but I do now.

urall

Excellent stuff ! Good quality (content but also sound and video) + i appreciate that Oskar kept the cut & paste
aesthetic alive in the visuals.

Can't wait to see what the future brings.

HateSermon

Quote from: Theodore on October 19, 2021, 04:40:52 AM
Yeah, i enjoyed it. Well done ! Since this is only the beginning, cant wait for what's next. Yes, written interviews are invaluable. These 'live' ones are something fresh. Now i tasted it, i want more. Works better than 'radio' podcasts -for me- , 'radio' doesnt keep me to listen, this does . I guess face matters [?]

I agree. I'm a visual person and I think thats a big reason why I have a hard time listening to podcasts.

Great work, WCN. Looking forward to the next one.

Urban Noise

I always try to listen to podcasts, but fail all the time and end up not following any. I don't have enough free time to dedicate to listening to a podcast, but this one I managed to watch in its entirety (in two times).
After checking a few minutes it was clear that there was something good going on. Loved the the content and the natural flow in the conversation. Great work!
Been following Haare the best I can and was always a project that sparked my attention. It was nice to know more about him!

Really nice work! Looking forward to more.
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: W.K. on October 19, 2021, 02:00:32 PM

I'm not WCN so I can't speak for him, but if someone doesn't want to show its face

What gimp masks are for.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 19, 2021, 11:34:45 AM
I guess that the names are not Ahlzagailzehguh, Metgumbnerbone and Infektionsabteilung -type of difficult to pronounce or remember.

In fairness, you'd have to place the above 3 against a backdrop of other projects coming from the same region. Against other US & UK projects, the names Ahlz and Metgumbnerbone genuinely do stand out. This may not be the same for a poor English speaker trying to distinguish one long string of similar lookin' syllables from another long string of similar lookin' syllables.

Personally, I refuse to countenance any project with fewer than 10 syllables in the name.

The podcast was actually better than I expected. WCN coming with the hard questions. That's right, no pussy footing, cough up those top 10!
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

WCN

Episode 2 with Erik Nystrand of CAPERS (and VMS ELIT!) is out now on YouTube: https://youtu.be/jNsfSFZeMss

Episodes will air on WEEKLY basis from here on out, every Monday at 18:00 CET

Lots of great stuff recorded already, tons more in the pipeline.
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

Duncan

Very very strong episode. Articulated a lot of thoughts and opinions that I share 100% in a very reasonable fashion. Good to see and hear people who can discuss this stuff deeply and passionately while still behaving like adults. Amazing to hear someone pronounce Monde Bruits properly also, or just about. Well done WCN.