EU / rest of world noise trade

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, May 24, 2021, 03:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moozz

I think at least in Belgium that is impossible. Everything coming from outside of EU goes through customs. The administration fee is already 15 EUR so even something with a value of $1 including shipping would cost me more than 15 EUR to receive. That actually happened with a free CDR some friendly soul sent me from the US. I ended up paying 22e to receive it (had no idea what was in the package but I wanted to find out).

Quote from: Azoikum on February 19, 2022, 12:06:04 AM
A question which arose since those new EU custom tax laws started is royality copies for artists within the EU
releasing on non-EU labels. What are your experiences if you are residing in the EU and release overseas ?
Are there ways to avoid taxation of free artist copies ?

Aldous

Quote from: moozz on February 19, 2022, 08:36:46 AM
I think at least in Belgium that is impossible. Everything coming from outside of EU goes through customs. The administration fee is already 15 EUR so even something with a value of $1 including shipping would cost me more than 15 EUR to receive. That actually happened with a free CDR some friendly soul sent me from the US. I ended up paying 22e to receive it (had no idea what was in the package but I wanted to find out).

Quote from: Azoikum on February 19, 2022, 12:06:04 AM
A question which arose since those new EU custom tax laws started is royality copies for artists within the EU
releasing on non-EU labels. What are your experiences if you are residing in the EU and release overseas ?
Are there ways to avoid taxation of free artist copies ?

Same thing happened to me with the Portuguese Customs... You pay for everything!
But worse, it's a total kafkian nightmare. And the whole service is to be done online through an interface full of "bugs" and there is NO direct contact with the Customs. Everything is done through the postal services, which act as a middleman who's regular answer is "we don't know".

The lastest one: got a notification for a package with no description of the sender and no indication of the content. I hadn't made any purchase outside the EU during the whole year, so it was most likely an offer. It took almost one month of daily complaints, ominous phonecalls and insults to get the goddamn package out of there. And the worst of all, they knew the content, its value and the sender, so... why ask?!? It's been crazy here.
I've heard of people getting their packages destroyed, packages with warped records caused by weeks of sun exposure, packages returned to sender because you cannot pay an ATM reference for 0€ tax (!!! this happened with my boss), etc...

I basically stopped doing trades with people from outside the EU.

Black Psychosis

Quote from: Soloman Tump on July 20, 2021, 04:19:18 PM
I am still waiting for discogs to come up with the IOSS number as I have a few records waiting to ship to Finland.  Buyer is happy to wait for a while to see what happens....

I am just about to post a record to Netherlands that the buyer and I decided to take off Discogs, we settled privately via email and I am sending as a gift.  Therefore, Discogs and the Dutch government are losing out.
For IOSS number I found that by clicking the PRINT button on order page and it's on a list of other numbers on top right of page.

tisbor

It didn't change much for me, as I always ended uppaying taxes on packages from U.S.A.
It hasn't happened yet with anything from UK or elsewhere but I guess it will.
As you can imagine Italian customs = a total mess