'A Critical Biography Of Nurse With Wound' book available now

Started by Mr Klang, March 20, 2021, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Klang

Available now:

'A Critical Biography Of Nurse With Wound' book by Yu Hirayama (DU Books)

Includes interviews with Steven Stapleton and as well as NWW also covers Throbbing Gristle, Current 93, Coil, Whitehouse, The New Blockaders, Organum, Jac Berrocal, HNAS and others.

NB: All text in Japanese.

https://diskunion.net/dubooks/ct/detail/DUBK286

joeboy

I had no idea about this until I read your post, thanks man. My copy arrived just the other day. Shipping was a bitch, but it was worth it.

My Japanese is a bit rusty, but historical/biographical stuff is definitely easier than literature; keen to crawl my way through this. If I find any interesting bits that I haven't come across in English language sources, I'll dump them here.

yosef666

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

joeboy

I'm curious to see how much it offers over England's Hidden Reverse, which I assume wasn't available in Japanese. The author went to Ireland to interview Steve in person, so there's bound to be good new material, but skimming through the mentions of other artists (love NWW but I'm actually more excited about Whitehouse anecdotes) I see some of the same stories from Keenan's book.

magnus

Please share any funny/interesting new stories for us non-japanese readers!
I talked for a bit with Steve Stapleton and his wife Sarah when NWW played in Sweden a couple of years ago, both very nice allthough it took awile for Steve to warm up so to speak. I asked something about the time in Whitehouse and the gigs in pubs with Human Leauge music used for soundchecks, and she said something along the lines of "these guys have a very special chemistry between them" and "they were probably taking the piss". Not sure what to make of that...

YYHH

Hi, it's the author.

I took interviews with Steven twice, and asking around people who involves with Nurse With Wound.
Unfortunately, I could not get answers of David Tibet and William Bennett.
The book has exclusive photos which are not uploaded on the Internet until today.
I'm planning English edition, but it will take a little long time.

Let me know if you are interested in the book, I can sell you it directly.

magnus

Hi, that´s cool! An english edition would be really great.
I was in contact with Bennett a while ago and he said something about not doing interviews anymore, that time was over or something along that line. Always very polite and nice though!

YYHH

Yes, he said to me the same as you. He is very polite and gently, so we should respect and talk about his current arts like Cuthands.
The text about William of my book bases on Keenan's book and past interviews such as WIRE.

joeboy

Thanks for replying Yu. I'm really enjoying the book so far. I'm taking it one page at a time because my Japanese has become quite poor, but it's great to study the language through such interesting subject matter. Maybe I'll finish it sometime next year lol.

There's definitely a huge audience for an English language version, so best of luck with that!