Formation of "your" scene

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, March 13, 2021, 10:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pentd

my "scene" in late 80's Pori was Annankatu6, which was kinda punk/theater/band practice house (old factory building) for "alternative" culture... and the older gurus from hexenhaus dubbed me some neubauten, virgin prunes, sisters of mercy, spk, c93 tapes... not many of the other people seemed to be so intensively into finding records, or finding out about records... it was more important to have some kinda brain dead "lujaa touhuu" which kinda covers all/any forms of being obnoxious & fuck yr head (drink, smoke, pills... whathaveya...) instead of "wasting" money on records or tapes... so even though i kinda also joined the "glue-crew" with one foot, the other foot was searching intense sound art and music....

for the record, main influencers from pori are not who you might have read about, but deeper: maukka päivistö was the ONLY guy who had the pelotas to play wax trax, mute, earache, 4ad, sst, etc etc records on the radio and even in night clubs. he's to blame for the later false prophets arise. he actually owned those records, and shared the dark knowledge... i dont think many people were listening though haha

i was deeply into scratch acid, swans, bad vugum, zappa, etc but seems like nobody else... they were more into bad religon and primus... so i guess under that circle of influence it was normal to play "happy" epitaph style punk for a while (yikes) with wacky wannabe-wierd elements...

i moved around a lot after 1996 so i dont know about scenes... i think my scene has always been a few friends around the globe, who got in touch already in early 90's, and spilled their wisdom on whatever was left of my brain: mutiny man, tenzenmen man, trash can man, abortti13, jugulars... all different, but all contributing... boredoms, ruins, flying luttenbachers, richard kern, sonny sharrock, oriental express, squats & zines network, skin graft.... later ca 2003 i caught up with the "lazy" version of noise underground: internet.
...nowadays its too much to follow.

Bloated Slutbag

Think I'm going to be unpacking pentd's post for the next ten years. Pervection!

<very slightly edited version, take ii>
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag