HAARE - appreciation!

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, January 09, 2021, 01:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Now that I am not honking my own horn, as most of new Haare comes out on other labels, often international: What a great project!
There seemed to be couple slow and quiet years, release-wise, and now Haare is catching up fast.

Recent days "New Age of Death" CD has been rotating all the time. How many times? Who knows actually, but it has been only disc in my CD player at work, and just seems like there is a lot to this CD what can't be really exaplained. While BRAIN for me, is undisputed modern classic at this point, and "Karesansui" cd is good arkinoise dosage no more, no less, this new CD just I can't really pin point why it feels so good, but it does.

During the quiet years, it felt like Haare is not "getting what it deserves". At the same time, I think all this talk of who is overrated and underrated in noise is quite pointless. Difference is so marginal, that it might be all about do you get someone to put out your album or not? Are people talking about your work (online) or not? Are you invited to live show or not.. etc. In the end, qualities that are hard to figure out if they even mean anything.

In case of Haare, as opposed to some, it feels that it is getting just better! "Karesansui" - even if said it was nothing but decent noise, it is BETTER than "Regression" CD on Freak Animal. Although name certainly describes why it is so, hah. The new CD... if comparing to his back catalogue, one can say he is at least as good, but probably better than he was. It's good to see 20 years old project that is spiraling... upwards!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

HONOR_IS_KING!

Haare rules on all counts from an artist to a human being. His performance at the final United Forces Of Industrial was incredible, tight and powerful.

Also I have never seen someone drink as much as him and still hold a conversation. His humor is the best.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

WCN

It was an absolutely stellar year for Haare, an artist I have been aware of for a long time but admittedly hadn't really listened to all that much until the past 1-2 years. 4 full length releases that are all contenders for best of the year for me, not to mention a very good split tape with VU. I'd have to say "Tantric Noise" LP on Influencing Machine might be my favorite - really heavy and diverse kraut-ish record (in my mind at least, I don't really know anything about "kosmische musik"). Second favorite is probably the Karesansui CD on 4iB for screeching harsh noise zen. Great artist whose back catalog I look forward to spending more time with. Super grateful for the 6CD box which came out on Industrial Recollections last year. Utmost respect.

DESTROY FASCISM, LOVE FOREVER
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

slagfrenzy tapes

Haare

Into_The_Void

Still missing some of his most recent releases, but I own a lot of his previous ones. Extremely good project, amazing and original music bounded with a very interesting spiritual / psychedelic concept. Thumb up!
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)

piisti

My favorite Haare material has been Regression & Meditations, 2016 and Gateways 2018. Lately released stuff I have listened is Brain, 2020. Which I can say it's like melted those 2016 albums. Very strong, clear sounds. Primitive but floating. Hazy but going forward.

NerveGas

Listened to Musta Magia today. Great release. A side a bit more droning. B side slightly more harsh. Unique spiritual vibe and sometimes even cinematic sounds. I look forward to more of his work reaching my stereo. The box set is tempting...
MAGNETIC IRRITATION RECORDINGS

WEBSTORE - www.magneticirritation.com
CONTACT - magneticirritation@gmail.com

theworldisawarfilm

Huge fan. Some earlier works have some favourite release titles in noise, with sounds to match (Stuff like Satanic Freakout, Lysergic Trepenation, Church of Self Obliteration to name a few.) Recently picked up the Tantric Noise LP and found it to be quite mellow, but still retaining murk and menace. Thoroughly enjoyed. Long live Haare!

[MBD]

Psychedelic Funeral and Regression are go to Haare albums.  Haven't heard all the new stuff yet but I should be able to grab Tantric Noise soon.
Material Body Dysfunction & Flickering Coward. Cincinnati OH USA.

https://linktr.ee/materialbodydysfunction

Lazrs3

Saw the project at the last United Forces of Industrial and the project was standout for me as he seemed to be into glaring out the audience whilst making noise and that grabbed my attention and it stayed in my mind a lot.  There was this wierd evolving psychedelic pattern as a backdrop that was projected, there may have been another guy on stage too,it was a standout performance for me. I have the two releases on Aussat and really like them, seems like a major player to me in guitar based noise now. I have played the latest cd New Age of Death and am into it.

holy ghost

Has not been on my radar but I really enjoyed the Savage Gospel CD on WCN and that plus the cover/aesthetic of New Age of Death was enough to get me to order whatever I could - looking forward to delving more into this project!

Lazrs3

I love both releases that I have and do want the Destroy Facism, Love Forever box.

influencing machine

I've been a fan of the project since I heard the "Funeral of Souls" CD on Freak Animal. For anyone unfamiliar with his earlier work, I HIGHLY recommend the "Destroy Fascism, Love Forever" compilation box set. But the two recent CDs he did for Aussaat (which is itself one of the best active labels right now), "Brain" and "New Age of Death" are, I think, far and away his best material. He has really managed to achieve something special with those albums.