NOISEJOKER - zine

Started by NOISEJOKER, November 10, 2020, 01:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOISEJOKER

Hi all,

We are starting a zine focusing on noise cassette releases. The zine will start as crudely done, xeroxed, D-I-Y stuff. But we will see how far we can go...

If you are interested and want your cassette to be reviewed please contact directly to our email: noisejoker@protonmail.com

We will not be reviewing digital files. And the focus of the reviews are on printed media.

NOISEJOKER

Since there hasn't been "crowd" of people who has been contacted us. We are expanding the reviews to be concerning the CDs and CDrs too. And why not. It's not about the media, it's about the sound. About the noise.

If someone has knowledge, is there another (active) noise forum beside this. Please let us know.

I have made social media account as well and maybe a wordpress page later. Seems like forums are quite dead these days, maybe the majority are on social media these days.

Thanks for everyone who has been contacted us already.

Theodore

Quote from: NOISEJOKER on November 13, 2020, 10:31:46 AM
Since there hasn't been "crowd" of people who has been contacted us.

Dont tell me you are surprised by this. I dont want to discourage you at all, i hope you do something good, but your first post is "Send me tapes" , for something you WILL do - If you do. Without letting people know examples of any previous works / reviews of yours, who are you etc. you pretty much ask someone to throw 5EUR -postage- note in the wind. If an average fan's -my- opinion matters, it's not going to work this way ... Maybe i am wrong. Probably i am not.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

NOISEJOKER

You are not discouraging us. Everyone has equal right to voice their opinion.

The zine will be done eventually. Even if we don't get enough people involved. We will review the stuff we already have in our possession. Or we will ask from noise - musicians we already know, do they wan't to be involved. And make some other stuff for the zine. Fe. interviews. Of course nothing is 100% sure in this world. But if we are alive and healthy. It will be done. And everyone was "nobody" for first. You just had to start somewhere.

And we didn't excepted that big noise labels or artists would reach for us. They got their thing going already. We are gladly reviewing small and newcomer artists. Oldies are of course welcome too.

Cementimental

Why not start with an issue reviewing tapes you already own, then people can see what the zine is like and will be more likely to contribute to future issues?

NOISEJOKER

Quote from: Cementimental on November 15, 2020, 03:19:31 PM
Why not start with an issue reviewing tapes you already own, then people can see what the zine is like and will be more likely to contribute to future issues?
Yes the first issue will be with the tapes/CDs I already own and ofc the stuff that I have received.