Special Interest
May 06, 2021, 05:56:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Annoying Hum in Pedals  (Read 1761 times)
GenitalStigmata

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 06:31:16 AM »

The SP-404 (base model, not XS) has a really huge issue with this, for me. I’ve heard it in other setups too. Just a really loud internal grounding whine that doesn’t get any better when paired with other effects. It’s actually the reason I’ve hardly used mine in a few years up until recently trying to figure out all the issues I’ve been having with it. Might see what’s up with using a DI box as I have heard this basically solves the problem.
Never had noise problems had issues with the superbasic SP202 yet the SP404 was nightmare for me because of various reasons...
Is it the original Power Supply specs?
Thanks for reminder that sp202 needs getting some "Neglected Machines" action.
Did it with both the original power supply, and now even with a generic power block multi-power source. Probably something internal that needs re-soldering or something but I’ve yet to crack it open and seriously figure out. Nonetheless pretty bummed about it since the 404 was really a staple of my setup for multiFX/sample triggering
WhiteWarlock
user

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 07:59:09 AM »

may be time for grabbing another SP & dumping the old one as is for parts...

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: